Johnny Depp

2020 Beta Motorcycles Wish List

ThumperTalk

Message added by ThumperTalk

On 7/9/2019 at 10:28 PM, SingletrackSamurai said:

That’s the plan. If I have to swap the suspension to another brand I’ll just buy something with what I want. I’m not opposed to the Sachs as long as I can set it up how I want and it works well, just more comfortable with what’s familiar.

Yes you can set it up how you like its as good as any others out there. 

On 7/9/2019 at 4:28 AM, SingletrackSamurai said:

That’s the plan. If I have to swap the suspension to another brand I’ll just buy something with what I want. I’m not opposed to the Sachs as long as I can set it up how I want and it works well, just more comfortable with what’s familiar.

So it’s Sherco, Gasgas or TM for kyb. .. or yamaha if you don’t mind kicking. 

• Like 1

So put some showa on. default_excuseme.gif&key=7c0b40b80bccd9050724cbc072fc4e72d05c0ca9afd2439cd6430f054ab1ad9ddefault_thumbsup.gif&key=b21c8c90033c61429dce5bff80b3142d4a533b31b825d95854790df6c85d3980

Dont even need to buy a new Beta. Buy on a couple years old and put whatever suspension on . Showa, kyb, ohlins endurospec.. etc

If it aint broke dont fix it.

I think the sachs cc’s were good. I would only change the forks if I fubar’d the sachs.

Did you know that steve holcombe won the world title on a mostly stock beta 300? Including his suspension???

If its good enough for him to win a world title on, then its good enough for me to crash off of a rock

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3089-my-ride-steve-holcombe-s-beta-rr-300-racing

Edit: i think the bottom out control on a fox shock would be a cool addition.

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, surfer-dude said:

If it aint broke dont fix it.

I think the sachs cc’s were good. I would only change the forks if I fubar’d the sachs.

Did you know that steve holcombe won the world title on a mostly stock beta 300? Including his suspension???

If its good enough for him to win a world title on, then its good enough for me to crash off of a rock

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3089-my-ride-steve-holcombe-s-beta-rr-300-racing

Edit: i think the bottom out control on a fox shock would be a cool addition.

Exactly!  If I were to buy a new bike the choice would be between a 200 or 300 race edition with Beta factory suspension doing the revalve and springs on Sachs CC before it even getting delivered to me.  

• Like 2

Why choose Beta Fac suspension for mods? Krannie has reported it to be a fail and he has extensive experience with different tuners on multiple. Not saying he is the authority but he does have a love of Betas and has other bikes with excellent susp as a comparison.  I have seen nothing on the internet forums reporting success with the Beta mods, why not choose Stillwell or another tuner with much much much more easily documented race and trail rider experience?  Just can't see anything to substantiate that choice.

25 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Why choose Beta Fac suspension for mods? Krannie has reported it to be a fail and he has extensive experience with different tuners on multiple. Not saying he is the authority but he does have a love of Betas and has other bikes with excellent susp as a comparison.  I have seen nothing on the internet forums reporting success with the Beta mods, why not choose Stillwell or another tuner with much much much more easily documented race and trail rider experience?  Just can't see anything to substantiate that choice.

Can of worms opened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

First of all you need a new Beta to argue about .......

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Typical response. No one is arguing, just asking a question on my observance of other users experience. I will try to make it simple for you---why use Beta Fac susp here in the US for mods?

32 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Typical response. No one is arguing, just asking a question on my observance of other users experience. I will try to make it simple for you---why use Beta Fac susp here in the US for mods?

Actually I agree with you. Also disagree with my friend HDR, first you have to ride a bike and then decide what you need to change unless you already have a good idea about it. Also I tend to believe that is better to go local and also its always better for the tuner to have the complete bike as the most important factor is to have a balanced chassis. There are also many small parts on setting up a bike that left to the owner like triple torquing, forks alignment etc., not everybody has the same experience, knowledge or ability. 

In short, I don't like the a-la cart solutions when you personalize your bike. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

Actually I agree with you. Also disagree with my friend HDR, first you have to ride a bike and then decide what you need to change unless you already have a good idea about it. Also I tend to believe that is better to go local and also its always better for the tuner to have the complete bike as the most important factor is to have a balanced chassis. There are also many small parts on setting up a bike that left to the owner like triple torquing, forks alignment etc., not everybody has the same experience, knowledge or ability. 

In short, I don't like the a-la cart solutions when you personalize your bike. 

For me It’s a headstart. I have my dealer who has been my tuner for years. Id like to just try beta factory tuning to see what it gets me earlier. Then I can still go to my tuner after. My tuner says the same thing you say and all has been fine. I just want to try getting it closer to my needs before even get the bike. Im still going to take the bike to my tuner if I’m not satisfied later and adjust where needed.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

For me It’s a headstart. I have my dealer who has been my tuner for years. Id like to just try beta factory tuning to see what it gets me earlier. Then I can still go to my tuner after. My tuner says the same thing you say and all has been fine. I just want to try getting it closer to my needs before even get the bike. Im still going to take the bike to my tuner if I’m not satisfied later and adjust where needed.

Fair enough but I think that in case you're not happy, this will cost you more. 

And it's not fair to your tuner or supportive (since you are happy with previous work). 

Generally speaking..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtbird said:

Fair enough but I think that in case you're not happy, this will cost you more. 

And it's not fair to your tuner or supportive (since you are happy with previous work). 

Generally speaking..... 

It might cost me more and it also might let him see some other tuners work and judge if it’s better or not.  We give each other shit anyway. He’ll gas me if the work isn’t up to his standards and He’ll acknowledge if it works well. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

With my bike I want to be the judge of both those things. I wasted a LOT of $$$ on what several "tuners" told me what was best for me. Good luck.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

93D73DEA-2BDF-4BCC-B908-5DBB6D94670F.png

10 pages long, and not one mention of this newly released picture clearly showing a 2T bike with a fuel tank containing a lower fuel pump plate on it?

8 hours ago, sewerat said:

10 pages long, and not one mention of this newly released picture clearly showing a 2T bike with a fuel tank containing a lower fuel pump plate on it?

We (I) have dissected every visible part, just not on this thread perhaps, because it's no longer a wish.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, sewerat said:

I'm betting common tank with the 4Ts and the effect of seeing cylinder heads screws etc behind the tank.