2020 Beta Motorcycles Wish List

Message added by ThumperTalk

Beta is proud to launch the 2020 RR and RR-S models. These models are all new and represents a new generation for the RR and RR-S range.

The 2020 range includes 8 different engine sizes: four 2-stroke (RR 125/200/250/300 cc) and four 4-stroke (RR-S 350/390/430/500 cc) engines that offer Beta customers an extremely wide selection of bikes to take on their next adventure.

Beta owns the phrase Rideability and the 2020 models continue this off-road experience with a slim, lightweight bike that is safe, reliable, and easy to ride while creating a riding experience like no other manufacturer can provide.

Major advances have been made by the Beta team of engineers these past twelve months including introducing a completely new engine design to the 4-stroke range, added smoothness to the 2 stroke engine, and an all new frame that boasts completely redesigned geometry and rigidity. The popular 200 RR Model returns as well for 2020. 

Besides the all-new engines and frames, the sub-frame, tail section, seat, fuel tank, bodywork, and many other details are also all new coming together to provide the best looking and most friendly cockpit layout on the market.

image.png

Also new for 2020 is the ability for customers to order any RR or RR-S model straight from the factory with a 2" lower seat height over the stock models. These "lowboy" models have parts installed inside the front fork and rear shock to lower the seat height.

Beta USA's popular BYOB (Build Your Own Beta) program will continue for 2020. This program allows riders to custom build his or her new Beta to fit their special needs by allowing the addition of more than 400 accessories to their bike.

New features include:

Engine

4-stroke RR-S (350/390/430/500 cc):

• A complete redesign, with the aim of reducing the weight and bulk of moving parts, achieved by raising the clutch and moving the crankshaft back. Moving the center of gravity closer to the swingarm pivot makes for significantly better handling. An overall weight reduction of 2.2 lbs.
  • A redesigned magnesium clutch cover, redeveloped to improve the oil flow into the clutch assembly more efficiently.
  • Magnesium flywheel cover, redesignedin-line with the rest of the engine, now with a more functional and modern look.
  • New water pump system that improves flow-rate and therefore the efficiency of the cooling system's ability to transfer heat, keeping average temperatures lower, improving performance, and providing a more simplified cooling hose system.
  • Cylinder and head redesigned matched with the updated cooling system to lower engine temperatures.
  • Twin Injectors improve performance and increase fuel mileage.
  • Oil circuit redesigned to provide better heat transfer between oil and water in the front section of the crankcase in order to keep the oil temperature lower.
  • Clutch with redesigned discs in a new material to ensure smoother and more modular gear shifting.
  • Redesigned gearing, now shorter and lighter.
  • New gearshift mechanism with lighter cam to improve shifting.
  • Gearshift lever redesigned in line with the new engine and frame layout.
  • Addition of a neutral sensor.
  • Updated EFI mapping.

image.png
2020 Beta RR-S (Street Legal Off Road)

2-stroke (250/300 cc):

• Now with a counter-balancer to reduce vibration by increasing inertia and improving the power delivery curve. The counter-balancer improves the power delivery throughout the rpm range.
  • Cylinder head redesigned (250 cc only) to improve torque at low rpm.

image.png
2020 300 RR 2 Stroke

image.png
250/300 RR Counter Balancer

image.png
2020 200 RR

image.png
2020 125 RR

2-stroke (125 cc):

• New cylinder with modified exhaust port and diameters.
  • New exhaust flange.
  • New exhaust valve system and new boosters.
  • New clutch cover with airpurging system operated by the modified clutch mechanism; modified oil inlet cap position to improve oil change time.
  • New exhaust valve drive, opens at a different rate to improve power delivery.
  • New expansion chamber provides broader power delivery.

image.png

These modifications to the 125 RR (derived straight from the 2019 Racing model) provide added torque at low rpm while greater power at the high revs, for increased performance across the entire power curve while at the same time, provides a bike that is easier to ride.

Chassis:  (All RR and RR-S Models)

• All-New frame with redesigned geometry and rigidity for increased agility and stability. Weight is reduced and reliability boosted with the use of precision-cast components, while comfort is improved and vibration reduced thanks to new head bolts. The frame is also narrower at the base which improves handling over difficult sections and typical off-road tracks.

image.png

Modified swingarm, now longer for the 4-stroke range and the 200 cc 2-stroke model, for better stability and traction.

• Completely redesigned tailpiece, greater strength to reduce breakage during off road riding, all filter box components and related accessories are now housed inside it (electrical components and oil reservoir for 2-strokes).
  • New air filter boot.
  • Air Filter mounting system, providing quicker and more accurate installation.

image.png

• Improved fork design compared to previous version, with new inner cartridge to lower the center of gravity providing the perfect level of plushness while also improving the action of square-edge impacts. Internal valving has been updated to work in-line with the new frame design.
  • New rear shock absorber with:
  • New top-out system, now a spring to improve grip and contact with the ground during hard braking.
  • New longer shock bumper with more progressive compression. This ensures good protection of the buffer and improves bottoming resistance.
  • New valving, to work in-line with the new frame.
  • Cooling system with water hoses placed inside the frame and more efficient radiators.This improves heat transfer and allows engines to operate at lower temperatures even in the most extreme conditions.
  • Larger capacity fuel tanks, of 2.4 US gallons for 4-strokes and 2.55 US gallons for 2-strokes. Besides providing greater range, the new fuel tanks improve ergonomics and ease-of-movement in the seat.
  • Wider handlebars for greater control.
  • Exhaust with new layout in line with the bike's new rear section.
  • Side stand with bigger foot pad.
  • New precision-cast footpegs that are better at shedding mud and teeth to increase boot grip.
  • New chain guide, longer to suit new swingarm.
  • New brake pedal, more robust and with larger bearings.
  • Shorter 430/480 cc gearing compared to previous models.

Design

• Completely new superstructure (front cowl, front and rear fenders, ducts and fairings) that improves ergonomics and the operation of all related parts retaining the Italian design Beta is known for.
  • Front fender with variable thickness geometry which reduces weight and increases rigidity.
  • New tailpiece in techno-polymer.
  • New tailpiece attachments in techno-polymer.
  • New handlebar protector.
  • Redesigned seat, more comfortable when moving about on the bike.
  • New license plate bracket, lighter and with integrated handles.
  • New silencer protector (excluding 125 cc).
  • New digital instruments and instrument panel.
  • New location for MAP switch
  • Redesigned skid plate.
  • New rear light and license plate bracket with integrated grab handles.
  • New frame protectors.

image.png
MAP Switch 

image.png
New Footpegs, Frame Guards, and Rear Brake Pedal

image.png
Voyager GPS is standard on all 2020 RR-S Models.

Prices

• 125 RR:         $7999.00
  • 200 RR          $8699.00
  • 250 RR          $8799.00
  • 300 RR          $9199.00
  • 350 RR-S      $10,599.00
  • 390 RR-S      $10,699.00
  • 430 RR-S      $10,799.00
  • 500 RR-S      $10,899.00

*prices do not include sales tax, license, destination or other dealer fees.

Available:

• RR 2 Stroke Models         September
  • RR-S 4 Stroke Models     November

In addition to the exciting new 2020 model announcement, Beta USA is proud to show off their new website! Found at www.betausa.com riders can now purchase their new Beta three ways, Stock unit, Stock + Upgraded Suspension, or the ever-popular BYOB. 

• Like 10
  • Helpful 8

On 7/11/2019 at 9:25 AM, Piney Woods said:

Why choose Beta Fac suspension for mods? Krannie has reported it to be a fail and he has extensive experience with different tuners on multiple. Not saying he is the authority but he does have a love of Betas and has other bikes with excellent susp as a comparison.  I have seen nothing on the internet forums reporting success with the Beta mods, why not choose Stillwell or another tuner with much much much more easily documented race and trail rider experience?  Just can't see anything to substantiate that 

That Krannie guy is a dick, I would not trust him. Anyone who rides as much as he does must be confused and old.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 1

This is all good news to me.. I ordered a 2020 390, looks as if there are many changes especially from my 2012 450. 2 inch lowering sound like an idea to me..

• Helpful 1

Posted (edited)

Very sexy looking machines. And the nice thing is they are just as good as they look. 

EDIT:

Looking back at suspension comments... My 2012 Beta 520RS BYOB set up by Beta for my weight/riding has been superb. I adjusted the clickers once and it has been excellent for almost 5K. I really should change the fluid though, as I lack in that on it.

So, if you don't like it, have it tuned by whomever you like. 

Edited by 2 STROKE YZ DOC
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

nice ! so happy they kept the carburetors! 

...now let's see those 2020 Race Editions. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

That Krannie guy is a dick, I would not trust him. Anyone who rides as much as he does must be confused and old.

You're probably right on both counts.  I think his riding buddies tolerate him since he appears to know all the good trails. Otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

You're probably right on both counts.  I think his riding buddies tolerate him since he appears to know all the good trails. Otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,,

No, they hate him just as much. 

IMG_1402.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A counterbalanced bike with a Keihin.... 

Damn... 

• Like 4

New non-icepick kickstand looks sweet!  

1 minute ago, bronc said:

New non-icepick kickstand looks sweet!  

"Bayonet". 

39 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

counter balanced two stroke! Very nice. Wonder if backwards compatible! 

Perhap$ if you purcha$e a complete matched $et of ca$e$.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MANIAC998 said:

Perhap$ if you purcha$e a complete matched $et of ca$e$.

I have not personally been into the cases on my 2018 bikes, but it seems somewhere that it was stated there were bosses in them where the counterbalance would be. Once I am ready for a top end or three I may split one case to see what's up inside. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

counter balanced two stroke! Very nice. Wonder if backwards compatible! 

Damn! CB plus a carb. Damn! I am in love.... well, at least a bit. :wub:

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Wiring improvements?

Lots of room for them.... too busy creating marketing terms like "techno-plastic" and odd 'improvements' like  "wider handlebars for better control" (just finished reading "The Art of Trailriding' by Paul Clipper and in that book he's pushing for less width = more control)....

That said sounds like some good improvements..  I'm very glad I purchased in 2019... looks like a lot of changes  I would expect teething pains for a few years....

Maybe it's still in process but they only have rr-s 4 stroke models posted and the RR-S still has the open chamber forks. Any word if there will be 2020 4-stroke RR (racing) model with twinchamber suspension? At betamotors if you go to the racing models it's still the 2019 stuff. And it doesn't seem you can build a 2020 RR-S with twin chamber.

• Helpful 1

19 minutes ago, rharr said:

Maybe it's still in process but they only have rr-s 4 stroke models posted and the RR-S still has the open chamber forks. Any word if there will be 2020 4-stroke RR (racing) model with twinchamber suspension? At betamotors if you go to the racing models it's still the 2019 stuff. And it doesn't seem you can build a 2020 RR-S with twin chamber.

Likely September for RE release

• Like 1

1 minute ago, motoxgiant said:

Likely September for RE release

but I WANT IT NOW 😋