Johnny Depp

2020 Beta Motorcycles Wish List

ThumperTalk

Message added by ThumperTalk

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

Yeah thats apples to oranges. Im not really trying to buy a gp bike as my next bike.

This is more or less the type of racing I would get into, and is kinda the terrain types that im into. 

you can check out the gomez cam of this race if you want.

and then theres this stuff that I'm into, wheres beta???

That was an insane race. Ty Cullins was there on the TM (former Beta), Ty Tremaine and Max Gerston Beta's Endurocross guys didn't come to this one apparently, but they would have been right in the top group for sure.

Edited by Johnny Depp

Just now, Johnny Depp said:

That was an insane race. Ty Cullins was there on the TM, Ty Tremaine and Max Gerston Beta's Endurocross guys didn't come to this one apparently, but they would have been right in the top group for sure.

yea max was there, he got 3rd or 4th. thats where I got to talk to betas team manager.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

Yeah thats apples to oranges. Im not really trying to buy a gp bike as my next bike.

This is more or less the type of racing I would get into, and is kinda the terrain types that im into. 

you can check out the gomez cam of this race if you want.

and then theres this stuff that I'm into, wheres beta???

Apples and Oranges?? You just said Beta was only good in slow technical.. just addressing your statements is all . Talking hard enduro. Cody Webb has dominated TKO and King of the Motos on Betas. Other hard enduro have had Beta winning and placing too.. just saying. You know Beta was in top 5 or so in Last Dog Standing above. Like I said earlier if you like Husky or any brand to go to then fine.. go for it. Get what you like. I just don’t buy that other brands have “more aggressive chassis “.  Betas are kicking ass at a wide variety of racing.. including hard enduro. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Here ya go. 

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1244657-haaker-runs-a-lowering-link/

Haaker seems like a nice guy like a bunch of those awesome top riders like Kyle Redmond and Cody Webb etc etc. 

Hey if you think Husky or whatever bike tickles your fancy then go for it. Life is short.. 

As far as a “ more aggressive chassis “. Judging by results I don’t buy that a ktm or husky or any bike is more aggressive than Beta at all. You are subscribed to Betas email right? And are getting race updates. I mean damn the Beta racers are riding and winning. Wasson, witkowski, Gerston etc etc Haul ass and are winning and placing . Webb won a National endurocross championship on mostly the same bike as now before leaving for more money from ktm/husky . Holcombe and Freeman and Geslin etc are past and current world Champions , placing and leading Enduro World Championships now. In the case of Holcombe his bike is way close to a stock Beta race edition which is still way surprising to me. Husky for right now has one little edge. Counterbalancer...Other than that? But a more aggressive chassis? Nah. .. ground clearance? Yea if you prefer. Betas are winning at the highest level at the highest speed . Just sayen as the added proof is in the results.  I can totally see though if you just want to try another bike. Just don’t get the “ more aggressive chassis “ when Betas are winning world championships even when Beta loses big name successful riders to ktm and other brands. The new guys Beta sign up just start winning too. 

I tell you what.. if Id choose another 2 stroke 300 Id choose the Husky 2t. .. with the ipdated estart..And then Id lower it although Husky has lowered their bike I guess seeing Beta. Then Id redo the suspension. Id also buy an older carbed Husky and do all the drilling of the airbox and rejetting stuff and guard up etc.  The only edge is the cb though and that’s not worth it for me. Beta probably going cb sometime in the future anyway . What is left to do to update the current 300 rr? Not much. There’s always been a space in Beta 300 from 2013 for cb. I figure it’s just an option for the future. If you want efi for 2 stroke then aloha. Enjoy husky ktm. That’s a reason that I will avoid.

It would be nice to know what link he used.

As far as what your examples are it's apples to oranges. lets look at erzberg or hixpania or something hard enduro and see what those results are. gomez and haaker pretty much swept LDS 2019 and as was said before salvini almost got the title so I think your views are a little one sided.

As far as aggressive goes, you asked what I meant. I explained it and then you got condescending on me so I don't really know what else there is to say.

I like the Beta, and I might even end up on a new one, but only if I think it's better for me and my intended purpose than the austrian bikes, which so far I don't think it is. If you can't handle that, then I don;'t know what to tell you. 

Also I dont think the beta 300 vibrates too much. I've ridden counterbalanced 300's and almost didnt notice them, I had to think about it when i tested the beta. No biggie for me.

• Like 2

You just said Beta was only good in slow technical.. just addressing your statements is all . 

I think what I said was this:

The betas probly the best slow speed technical bike. But sometimes you gotta lay the hammer down  and i think the husky has the best chassis for that.

Sheesh a little too much beta koolaid there. You gonna make me wanna get this.

IMG_0776.JPG

A dedicated 350 engine, less weight, a removable baffle to turn the stock exhaust into a closed circuit type muffler i.e MX. Better electrics with sealed plugs on all connectors with potted relays. Race wiring loom std and the road stuff in a box.  Less gap between 2nd and 3rd :)

MM

23 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

It would be nice to know what link he used.

As far as what your examples are it's apples to oranges. lets look at erzberg or hixpania or something hard enduro and see what those results are. gomez and haaker pretty much swept LDS 2019 and as was said before salvini almost got the title so I think your views are a little one sided.

As far as aggressive goes, you asked what I meant. I explained it and then you got condescending on me so I don't really know what else there is to say.

I like the Beta, and I might even end up on a new one, but only if I think it's better for me and my intended purpose than the austrian bikes, which so far I don't think it is. If you can't handle that, then I don;'t know what to tell you. 

Also I dont think the beta 300 vibrates too much. I've ridden counterbalanced 300's and almost didnt notice them, I had to think about it when i tested the beta. No biggie for me.

Hey sorry. Didn’t mean to sound condescending.  Honestly I just didn’t understand what you mean. Still don’t understand what you mean by one brand being more aggressive chassis wise. I don’t get that. That’s ok . I think all the brands these days are pretty close especially when set up . There are different variations of course. But that’s ok. Pick and enjoy what ever bike you like. That’s the most important part. Ride what makes you happy. People think I’m crazy getting my 1982 Husky 430 cr project bike. That’s ok. 

As far as hard enduro and Beta goes. For me Beta is the best out of the box particularly for lower seat height as one element. That’s me though. Others are fine with taller bikes. Everyone is different. 

Beta has been winning hard enduros and if not been competitive with whatever brand. There’s a bunch of different hard enduro races around the world . Beta has been doing better at hard enduro in these last 10 years than enduro GP. Of course it’s pretty shocking to me for Beta to be winning multiple world enduro championships with a variety of different racers as champions riding Beta have moved to other brands. For  me I notice these kinds of races the most because hard enduro is really just hard trails and hard trails is what I like. It’s what I ride.  So I enjoyed Lampkin beating Jarvis in Hells gate in the past and Cody Webb beating a variety of top guys in TKO for a few years on 4t and 2t Beta for that hard enduro. There’s a pile of hard enduro races all over the world and Beta does well or wins.. even when theres a huge ratio imbalance of a ton of  ktm husky compared to a small amount of all other little brands including Beta. 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014/06/16/betas-cody-webb-wins-2014-last-dog-standing/

1 minute ago, MartyMOOSE said:

A dedicated 350 engine, less weight, a removable baffle to turn the stock exhaust into a closed circuit type muffler i.e MX. Better electrics with sealed plugs on all connectors with potted relays. Race wiring loom std and the road stuff in a box.  Less gap between 2nd and 3rd :)

MM

Taking 350 2 stroke? I’ll raise you to 400.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surfer-dude said:

I think what I said was this:

Sheesh a little too much beta koolaid there. You gonna make me wanna get this.

IMG_0776.JPG

You should go get it if it makes you happy. Im serious. Husky and KTM are great bikes no doubt. And  No Beta koolaide at all. Just straight real stats of Betas results in racing. All Ive posted is just current standings and listed some results. Got lots of stats of Husky and ktm and other brands winning races too. You should get one especially if you like tpi My choice is NO tpi  so you won’t find me on one. It’s not a Beta or KTM/Husky thing its a carb vs fuel injection thing. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

No they don't make 350 2st not a bike I would buy or have a use for.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MartyMOOSE said:
37 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I’d buy one in a minute. I’d love a 350 or 400 2 stroke..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I’d buy one in a minute. I’d love a 350 or 400 2 stroke..

Why did KTM stop making the 400 2T back in the 90's? Whatever the reason, maybe that's why nobody wants to make one.

Why did KTM stop making the 400 2T back in the 90's? Whatever the reason, maybe that's why nobody wants to make one.
They didn't make a 400 it was a 350.

Posted (edited)

Does anybody know when Beta is releasing the 2020 info? 

Edited by Neomxdave
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

MM

Don't need a 350 but a big yes on everything else.

8 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:
12 hours ago, Baxter67 said:

Sorry, I meant 440.

9 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:
13 hours ago, Baxter67 said:

KTM  made 400 and 500’s ... It was politics in the market.. They eliminated the 500 class in racing. Less buyers with no racing in pros. Well that’s part of it.

Big bore 2 strokes are fun and lugg all over and rip. You get going way faster and it’s fun for hillclimbs. I think a 350 or 400 would be better than a 500. It’s not going to happen but I still just saying. My Dad had a 350 ktm. Good bike.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On 6/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, surfer-dude said:

Some of those hills are so steep that you gotta bang em hard in third all the while popping over boulders and such. And in my opinion, the betas a little soft feeling and low in the frontend, its doable and the beta has a good agile design, but i keep thinking i wish the chassis felt a little stiffer and diffrent feeling in the front. I think a stiffer frame, with valentinas suspension, and the mild beta 300 engine would be awsome.

The betas probly the best slow speed technical bike. But sometimes you gotta lay the hammer down  and i think the husky has the best chassis for that.

The 2020 husky is about an inch lower. And i like the feel of the 2019 tx300 and its supposed to be the same frame. Plus for a linkage bike for me the fastway linkguard is a must and you can play with those settings. Then add a tm plate over the top of that. But I might try a p-tech 2t pipe guard plate.

Im already planning on the husky setup as follows: same as my Beta: bars in the forward triple clamp holes, and fastway steel evos in lowback position. This should be about the same if not more opened up as my beta.

I dont like bar risers or highbend bars.

Not to sound like a HDR Beta fan-boy, but the chassis is fine on the Beta. If you ended up with some better suspension on the front (i.e. CC forks) I think most of your gripes would be solved. I'll probably catch some flak for this, but the OC Sachs just aren't that great for anything more than casual trail riding.

I've got a '15 300 with CC 'zokes and a Fox, as well as my '18 350 with CC Sachs...all tuned by Stillwell. With my current suspension set-ups, either bike is very versatile. I can rock-crawl up hike-a-bike trails in the Sierra's all day and then go hit rough, fast desert trails. Even throw in some moto on the occasion. I've raced both bikes and even did King of the Moto's a few years ago on the 300.

• Like 1

KTM  made 400 and 500’s ... It was politics in the market.. They eliminated the 500 class in racing. Less buyers with no racing in pros. Well that’s part of it.
Big bore 2 strokes are fun and lugg all over and rip. You get going way faster and it’s fun for hillclimbs. I think a 350 or 400 would be better than a 500. It’s not going to happen but I still just saying. My Dad had a 350 ktm. Good bike.
Never saw a 400 2st what years ? Was it the same format as the 350 ?

17 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:
17 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I bet if you rode a variety of 350 ,400, 500 2 strokes you’d wish for an updated current version for enduro/ mx etc. They’re fun. That much power gives a little different rush.