Johnny Depp

2020 Beta Motorcycles Wish List

ThumperTalk

Message added by ThumperTalk

18 hours ago, redhurricane said:

The KTM 380

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ktm/ktm_380_exc 02.htm

The KTM 550 was a non powervalve engine, that made 61hp. New Beta 300rr's are said to make 54hp. 

https://pulpmx.com/2010/10/18/gps-classic-steel-30-1995-ktm-550-mxc-2/

Personally I see no need for anything larger than the 300 in a two stroke, and 450cc in 4 stroke. Woods, desert, dunes all are doable with the 300. Only place I see the need for a 500cc jackhammer is on a snowbike where you have huge parasitic losses. 

The 300's are at a disadvantage in MX for sure against 450's. As stated, you don't need over 400cc to get the job done, it's not about peak power it's about off idle partial throttle opening and flywheel effect and no hit in the power delivery, the same as the 300 only more needed. It may be a niche market, but they all are these days.

damn, i like what i'm seeing ... looks to be a 250 w/different styled seat, tank, plastics ... ZF suspenders still

how long after initial announcement does Beta start shipping new MY's? i'm in the market for a new ride (200)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

These fenders are different than what we saw in the previous photo leak. No 2 piece front and a grab handle in the rear. The rear number plate area appears the same and still retains 2 bolt holes for the muffler mounts and a lower burn guard. Thinner flatter longer seat without a enduro card holder and a new graphic, a lower tank fill position and lower tank bottom. A much larger longer tank shroud with likely lower radiator position with a very small "B" Beta logo. Something unidentified between the tank filler and the head tube? The center frame rail appears more slanted like the XT frames and continues all the way to the head tube.  

Summary, new frame and plastics, same suspension and engine?

Edited by Johnny Depp

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Something unidentified between the tank filler and the head tube? 

Filler cap for the OI maybe??

Edited by Wilderness
  • Helpful 1

What didn't you like about the Sachs?

Don’t own a Beta, but looking to buy one soon. Have had KYB on a bunch of bikes and I just prefer it. I think it’s the best on the market and would fix the one real area that has me on the fence on a Beta...

I don't like Kayaba

I don't like Coke 

I don't like Apple

I like Huawei 

I like Pepsi

I like Kevin Scwanz

I like my forks

I like Fox

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

I don't like Kayaba

I don't like Coke 

I don't like Apple

I like Huawei 

I like Pepsi

I like Kevin Scwanz

I like my forks

I like Fox

I also like pepsi cola

19 minutes ago, SingletrackSamurai said:

Don’t own a Beta, but looking to buy one soon. Have had KYB on a bunch of bikes and I just prefer it. I think it’s the best on the market and would fix the one real area that has me on the fence on a Beta...

You should demo them first if you're uneasy about something other than your preferred brand.

• Helpful 1

11 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So put some showa on. :excuseme::thumbsup:

Dont even need to buy a new Beta. Buy on a couple years old and put whatever suspension on . Showa, kyb, ohlins endurospec.. etc

Why when you can buy a new one and fit what you want or even Beta ditch oc fork and fit the CC std. 

• Helpful 1

23 minutes ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Why when you can buy a new one and fit what you want or even Beta ditch oc fork and fit the CC std. 

Exactly!! If Id buy a new Beta I’d buy a race edition and have the suspension done by Beta factory suspension tuning so it’s done before I even pick up the bike... .. but that’s me. If buying new now..but what I have is great. I’m not buying a new bike now.

For those who want other suspension there’s a variety of choices. It’s just pick and put it on. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

You should demo them first if you're uneasy about something other than your preferred brand.

That’s the plan. If I have to swap the suspension to another brand I’ll just buy something with what I want. I’m not opposed to the Sachs as long as I can set it up how I want and it works well, just more comfortable with what’s familiar.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:40 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

93D73DEA-2BDF-4BCC-B908-5DBB6D94670F.png

I wonder if the left over plastics from my 09 husky wr300 would fit?

46 minutes ago, Vsack said:

I wonder if the left over plastics from my 09 husky wr300 would fit?

It’s Italian.. but very different. Maybe SWM might be closer??

https://www.google.com/search?q=2019+swm+300&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwimwKPa_qjjAhWdB50JHapJBHAQ_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=414&bih=617

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1