surfer-dude

Is this it? Are they gonna get any better?

3 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Funny you mention raising the shift lever. The new bikes lever is indeed a bit lower than pre 17 it seems. I hit a rock with mine twice on my 18 350. I’m on my 3rd shifter in just 4 months. Got a spare in the pack now. Will raise mine too surfer dude...

1 minute ago, TigerTanker said:

I boiled the brakes on my 300 on first trail ride. Switching to red ebc pads and installing the expanded fluid reservoir. I got a build thread going on my 2020 te300 in the husqvarna section. 

yeah but dude, you gnarley! lol..

I'm going to check out your build thread now.

15 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

I boiled the brakes on my 300 on first trail ride. Switching to red ebc pads and installing the expanded fluid reservoir. I got a build thread going on my 2020 te300 in the husqvarna section. 

I always switch out my brake fluid to motul RBF 600. 

With a magura clutch master though you can't use it. Magura blood/mineral oil.

22 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

yeah but dude, you gnarley! lol..

I'm going to check out your build thread now.

I’m more gnarr’d than gnarley. I like to ride trails beyond my skill level. It makes me better, tougher, stronger and smell worse. 

I’ll be down this fall for a while and hope to hit mostly mountain tracks with you Cali thumpers. Alpine st is my favorite. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TigerTanker said:

“Lots of motor seizures”

Really? How many did you see?

He read about two on the internet...  and the 400 other guys that worried it might happen to them. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Ok so i made it out to santa rosa yesterday around 6:30-7pm and rode with this dude vernon that always shows up with a trials bike and his 2018 6-days ktm thats pretty dialed. We rode untill about 10:15 under the near full moon, it was rad! I raised my brake pedal and then proceded to start hoping a bunch of rocks with dude on his trials bike. I got a little better feel for the bike and decided i wanted to pull the steering stops to get better turning, and i also had to tighten up the throttle slop cuz it was soo loose i kept whiskey thotling. Then dude hopped on his 300 and we did a little trials style trail ride up and down all the front hills. On the first big hill climb the back end was sliding around a bunch so i had to let out a bunch of air and still need to drop it some more and this helped but the dunlop at81 it comes with is still no 140 m5b, but the lower air helped. Then on the next good downhill the frontend washed out and i crashed into a ravine so at least i got the first crash out of the way. I rode it out of the ravine a checked the front and it musta had 20psi in it. So the bike definitely needs some new rubber(fatty&m5b). Oh yeah i was only wearing my addidas shorts and one of those sleeveles champion shirts that wicks along with bmx knee pads and those football elbow pads so i also spent the next few hours periodically pulling stickers out from all over weird places you guys probly dont want to hear about. Then we got into the good stuff, lots of tight offcamber stuff that i had to keep turning the headlight on and off to navigate succesfully. We saw yotes, rodents, and a nice looking red diamondback rattle snake that we hungout with for a little bit, he was cool. Then we just rode and dude got me to do alot more fun stuff that i wouldn'ta done if he wasn’t there. We also traded bikes a couple of times , so i got to compare a little bit. Heres what i felt: i need to stick a 52 out back on mine, my frontend is a bit lighter feeling than his, his felt almost clumsy in comparison, and those were his words. I think vernons a better rider than me as he explained some technique to me, did 2 really big rocks that i skipped, but theres always next time. 

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I believe ive met and ridden with Vernon. If it's the same guy, he's buds with razr and Jimmy C. Vernon is a good dude and good rider.

Edited by TheW0LF

1 hour ago, TheW0LF said:

I believe ive met and ridden with Vernon. If it's the same guy, he's buds with razr and Jimmy Campbell. Vernon is a good dude and good rider.

Yeah, he asked if I knew those guys. Vernon's cool people.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:33 PM, TigerTanker said:

“Lots of motor seizures”

Really? How many did you see?

Personally, 3 of them (one was a soft seize). That's a lot to me. All from lack of oiling. Must have been the "first year blues" when big changes are made.  I guess time will tell if they have it all worked out in the longrun.

• Like 1

Personally, 3 of them (one was a soft seize). That's a lot to me. All from lack of oiling. Must have been the "first year blues" when big changes are made.  I guess time will tell if they have it all worked out in the longrun.

Wow, thats a bummer. I hope it doesnt happen to me.

I saw a guy on youtube that says to add an oz. of oil to every gallon of gas. What do you guys think about this???

4 hours ago, Gofastakechances said:

8 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

I saw a guy on youtube that says to add an oz. of oil to every gallon of gas. What do you guys think about this???

Ah just run good oil and take care of normal maintenance. The Boys 300 tpi has zero issues run hard with about 80 hrs.  Do not add extra oil in the gas.  

• Like 1

Ah just run good oil and take care of normal maintenance. The Boys 300 tpi has zero issues run hard with about 80 hrs.  Do not add extra oil in the gas.  

Thats what i’m gonna do, thanks snake.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Thats what i’m gonna do, thanks snake.

Check KTM talk as there’s lots of info. Some of the pumps failed which is why they seized . 

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Hahahaha ha 

$15k on a injected 2 stroke so I don’t have to mix but I still have to mix because it might not mix for me. 

I’d just carry a spare piston and cylinder on the trail with me, and a 3oz shot of oil in case of pump failure. I actually know a guy that lost a pump on the trail, seized engine, side knobs missing off goldentire. He was &%$#@!ed. Big time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TheWoodsCommander said:

Hahahaha ha 

$15k on a injected 2 stroke so I don’t have to mix but I still have to mix because it might not mix for me. 

I’d just carry a spare piston and cylinder on the trail with me, and a 3oz shot of oil in case of pump failure. I actually know a guy that lost a pump on the trail, seized engine, side knobs missing off goldentire. He was &%$#@!ed. Big time.

tell me more about the goldentyre,is it any good?I'm thinking about getting one because my 5 year old trials tyre is pretty bald🇨🇦

16 minutes ago, Dirkarider said:

tell me more about the goldentyre,is it any good?I'm thinking about getting one because my 5 year old trials tyre is pretty bald🇨🇦

Goldentyre is almost as good as Shinko but cost 2x as much and only last 5x longer. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

The price of the Shinko keeps coming down...  I'm guessing $29.99 by Christmas... Mile a dollar is a pretty good deal.  Can't beat that.  :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1