Sorry its me again. Got another question I am going to ask before I go ahead and do it. The front forks are twisted and I'm positive that the bars aren't bent. 

So I'm guessing you loosen the bottom bolts and hold the front brake, and compress the forks to straighten them out? 

IMG_20190506_174045.jpg

IMG_20190506_174048.jpg

1 minute ago, HondaYamahaSuzuki said:

Anyone can help??

As you said, loosen the bottom triple clamp bolts, also if front axle has pinch bolts loosen those as well.  Hold the front break and pump the forks several times and everything should line back up.  You may need to stand in front of the bike with the front wheel held between your legs and manually twist the bars a little to get it lined up straight.

Once you have it where it visually looks straight, just make sure to hold the front break and pump the forks serval times as the last step before you tighten everything back down again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brian Wilson said:

As you said, loosen the bottom triple clamp bolts, also if front axle has pinch bolts loosen those as well.  Hold the front break and pump the forks several times and everything should line back up.  You may need to stand in front of the bike with the front wheel held between your legs and manually twist the bars a little to get it lined up straight.

Once you have it where it visually looks straight, just make sure to hold the front break and pump the forks serval times as the last step before you tighten everything back down again.

Onto that now thanks. 

• Like 2

When I dump hard and my forks are twisted I just go to a tree and smack it back to straight. Maybe it's not right to do but it works everytime for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clearlee650r said:

When I dump hard and my forks are twisted I just go to a tree and smack it back to straight. Maybe it's not right to do but it works everytime for me

Well that is a easy repair than?

The front tire between the legs trick used to be more common, on what are now older bikes. Good advice.

• Helpful 1

15 hours ago, HondaYamahaSuzuki said:

Onto that now thanks. 

Wrong.  You do not loosen the bottom TT bolts.  You loosen the TOP TT bolts and the axle pinch bolts.  The bottom TT clamp is what aligns the forks.  With both top clamp and axle loose, just give your bars a good wiggle and everything should align, assuming nothing is bent.  Tighten up the top clamp first, then the axle bolts.

Also, grabbing your front tire with your knees and cranking the bars straight (like you used to do as a kid with bicycles) works too.  That's what I usually do.

Edited by jayc250x

Looking at your fork legs, I think you have way more problems that misaligned forks.  If your fork seals are not leaking, it's because there isn't any oil in the forks.  I see lots of rust on your forks.

6 hours ago, jayc250x said:

Wrong.  You do not loosen the bottom TT bolts.  You loosen the TOP TT bolts and the axle pinch bolts.  The bottom TT clamp is what aligns the forks.  With both top clamp and axle loose, just give your bars a good wiggle and everything should align, assuming nothing is bent.  Tighten up the top clamp first, then the axle bolts.

Also, grabbing your front tire with your knees and cranking the bars straight (like you used to do as a kid with bicycles) works too.  That's what I usually do.

Yea I did try the other way and it did not do anything, thanks. 

1 hour ago, humanrace911 said:

Looking at your fork legs, I think you have way more problems that misaligned forks.  If your fork seals are not leaking, it's because there isn't any oil in the forks.  I see lots of rust on your forks.

Well I'm taking the bike to a shop because the rear wheel needs respoked. So I'll get them to check over the front end while it's in there. 

You are spending money ...... actual dollars ...... on THAT? ? ?

Honestly, I'd be more worried at damaging my tools on that rusty wreck a motorcycle. 

1 hour ago, CDNSXV said:

You are spending money ...... actual dollars ...... on THAT? ? ?

Honestly, I'd be more worried at damaging my tools on that rusty wreck a motorcycle. 

Yea I don't really care what you think mate. It is not that rusty. You must be a towny used to everything all shinny and polished. We got it running so yea I'm spending money on it. 

Yea I don't really care what you think mate. It is not that rusty. You must be a towny used to everything all shinny and polished. We got it running so yea I'm spending money on it. 
He's canadian, they have a very long winter to get their bikes all spiffy and perfect.
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 2:12 AM, jayc250x said:

Hi this is late reply, but I was finally getting around to doing this. The bike does not have pinch bolts. So I will just loosen the top TT clamp and compress the forks?

The pinch bolts are on the bottom triple clamp. Loosen them a bit and stand in front of the bike with the tire between your legs and twist the handle bars until everything lines up. Easy Peasy  !

• Like 1