Kailub Russell Beats Eli Tomac

The longer the race the better chances ET3 has and some of those are what, like 3hrs of racing.....  Dudes fitness is top notch... Dangle a orange bike in front of him for that long and he'll chase it down... I also think his extensive training on mountain bikes would be a big plus ..   I believe he is more than capable of a top 5 spot....

• Like 7

2 hours ago, LotLizard said:

Who finishes higher in a single race, Kailub Russell on outdoor nationals or Eli Tomac on GNCC?

I think overall KR would do better. KR got 6th at Unadilla last year, I don’t see Tomac getting 6th or better at a GNCC.

Eli... General concensus shows that MX guys do better in offroad then offroad guys do on the track.. 

2 hours ago, ridindirty said:

KR for sure. Woods riders are way more skilled overall.

Wut? Woods guys are more skilled? 

• Like 7
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Hans Schmid said:

Eli... General concensus shows that MX guys do better in offroad then offroad guys do on the track.. 

Wut? Woods guys are more skilled? 

Dude. That KX of Tomac's would bust a nut about 36 minutes into a GNCC.

Nothing but smoke, brake lines flapping and pants around the ankles at minute 37. KR wins this on a 150 bone stock.

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, KableXL said:

This is lame.

yep.....and if the same 2 were racing a WORCS race Eli would beat him bad....this whole thing is based on how Russell was doing in a mudfest mx race.....if KR had shown up at Hangtown or GH this wouldn't even be talked about....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hans Schmid said:

Based on more recent results such as Zack Osborne who got a couple top 3s, Eli is straight up a more dominant rider... The best Kalib did was a 6th in 1 moto followed by a DNF in moto 2. I don't doubt for a minute on the right course and conditions Eli couldn't be a top 5 guy. 

LMFAO!! You have no clue on what you're talking about but please continue for entertainment value. Eli would have a hard time making top 10 in a GNCC straight out of the box. I would absolutely love watching Tomac going full out in a GNCC and see green plastics go flying when he tags a tree in a tight section. Better yet let him enter the Sumter National Enduro with all of those tight pines and roots. I'd bet you money he would have a hard time even finishing a race like that at full pro race speeds. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What's the point of this debate..... But I'll put in my 2 cents anyway....... GNCC and other off road requires endurance. A Supercross main is certainly not an endurance race and really neither is outdoor moto compared to off road racing. KR would have the huge advantage with his endurance oriented conditioning, while Eli pukes out after 30 minutes. Also.... Off road guys use moto for skills training. Moto guys never go off road for training or to stretch their endurance conditioning....they just practice moto. After 20min sessions they go back to their rig and recuperate. Can't do that in off road. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BBA said:

LMFAO!! You have no clue on what you're talking about but please continue for entertainment value. Eli would have a hard time making top 10 in a GNCC straight out of the box. I would absolutely love watching Tomac going full out in a GNCC and see green plastics go flying when he tags a tree in a tight section. Better yet let him enter the Sumter National Enduro with all of those tight pines and roots. I'd bet you money he would have a hard time even finishing a race like that at full pro race speeds. 

Yup, I race AA in offroad and have no idea what I'm talking about...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Robert S said:

What's the point of this debate..... But I'll put in my 2 cents anyway....... GNCC and other off road requires endurance. A Supercross main is certainly not an endurance race and really neither is outdoor moto compared to off road racing. KR would have the huge advantage with his endurance oriented conditioning, while Eli pukes out after 30 minutes. Also.... Off road guys use moto for skills training. Moto guys never go off road for training or to stretch their endurance conditioning....they just practice moto. After 20min sessions they go back to their rig and recuperate. Can't do that in off road. 

I only practice with 2-40min motos for 3-5hr races...I'm pretty confident Eli would have more then enough endurance to go 3hrs...You think Kalib motos for 3hrs everyday? Nope... 

• Like 2