Matteo99

Gotta Love Grumpy Old Guys

16 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

This is pretty simple: the guy was threatening, emotional and irrational. Tell him you don't need a another woman in your life and never look back. ;)

Sir yes sir! I apologize. Sorry! Bryan every now and then the Navy kicks in sort of like PTSD it is uncontrollable at times. I've seen and heard more crap than the average person out there in 20 years of service to my Country and forgot about than most people will see or hear in a lifetime.

Again, sorry for the oblivious canter to the limitations of what other people should be seeing.

BTW! I have a co-worker that comes up short in the standard we are to abide by and I can't supervise him but she scolds me for his behavior and tells me to tell him. I tell her I'll send him to see her. Did you sit the guy down who started this uncalled for mannerisms?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you are actually not speeding and not really giving a reason to piss anyone off, you can always point out to him that a pedestrian walking out into the roadway using their body to stop legal traffic is unlawful and you will call the police.

I had a guy once stop me and tell me I was trespassing in his field. He said next time I came back I would have a bullet in my head. I explained to him that there were no visible no trespassing signs and the field was adjacent to a public riding area so I mistook it for the public riding area and that I may have been trespassing, but uttering threats was a much more serious crime and I would be happy to call the police to sort it out. He got pretty quiet after that and drove away. Later that week there were plenty of new signs up.  Point is if your legal and he’s not, point that out.

• Like 4

I just don't see the point in stopping for some guy losing his marbles if you're truly not doing anything wrong. He has no right to interject himself into your life, I'm sure you're not interesting in being pals, so I'd just ignore him. These days I don't engage the irrational and emotional if I have any choice about it. It's one thing if the guy motions calmly and just wants to have a talk. At least from the explanation, that wasn't the case. If you are banging gears and ripping from time to time, even if not this time, stop it and do it where it's not likely to cause a ruckus. When it comes to where you live, as the old saying goes, never poop where you sleep. Always a good policy.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

39 minutes ago, William1 said:

Rule #1 Never poop where you live..........

Glad to live in the woods with no neighbors 😊 but totally agree with you guys 👍🏽👍🏽 its the right thing to do all jokes aside 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
20 hours ago, Smoking 2 said:
Oohhhh the story's must be endless

You know what kind of folks roll in at 3am? The fun kind. 

Oh it’s a party when the meat puppets come out at 0300

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also have a local loon in my hood who thinks she can visually accurately judge vehicle speed. Speed limit is 15mph and some of my cars make a lot fan noise for the first block and she interpret that as speeding. I began driving 10mph past her house instead of the 15mph limit and she complimented me on obeying the speed limit; I told her I was still speeding. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I just don't see the point in stopping for some guy losing his marbles if you're truly not doing anything wrong. He has no right to interject himself into your life, I'm sure you're not interesting in being pals, so I'd just ignore him. These days I don't engage the irrational and emotional if I have any choice about it. It's one thing if the guy motions calmly and just wants to have a talk. At least from the explanation, that wasn't the case. If you are banging gears and ripping from time to time, even if not this time, stop it and do it where it's not likely to cause a ruckus. When it comes to where you live, as the old saying goes, never poop where you sleep. Always a good policy.

It's certainly a choice. If you are skillful and polite, you might change this crazy person's mind. Maybe not, but for me, it's worth a try. I consider it a personal challenge.

12 hours ago, highmarker said:

At least he's not trying to block you with his walking stick, while threatening you with a gun ? like one of our local loons. 

If someone has a gun in there hand pointed at the ground is one thing. If the raise it to point at you then their intension is to use it. If they don't use it as it is intended then take it away from them in 3 moves. Find an ant pile. Tell them to get on their knees and pray you don't put the end of the barrel to the back of their skull and blow their brains out. Then tell them to eat the ants. Hopefully one of their family members are there to teach them not to use a weapon as a "listen her sonny". The apostle Paul wrote: "To die is yet gain for me". I've hand guns pointed at my face, knives at my throat, been stabbed and shot at plus I've had vindictive women do their best to screw me over. I am still alive and I can't say the same thing for a few of the others. Between my military training and other forms of self-defense combat moves I am still standing. For the others I left it up to God to do the vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord. Oh! that goes for the evil woman who died from heart disease. God gave her life and took it away.  

15 hours ago, Truman Sparks said:

Should have asked if he wanted to take it for a spin.

That's what I would of done.  Hey man, nice bike.  Can I ride it down the street and back?

On 5/14/2019 at 8:51 AM, Bobatsea said:

Great answer. I had to have words with my neighbors kid for taring up and down the street on his crf. We have 50 acres of open riding out back and a thousand acres across the road, no reason for him to be in the street. Anyway, kid was fine. Called me sir and has never been a problem since. That is the type of interaction that helps our image as riders. 

.. and you probably didn't get in his face yelling.  Sucks to have/be a bad neighbor, but if you're being considerate there's probably no reason to go the extra mile for someone who's not showing any consideration on his own end.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:30 PM, Matteo99 said:

So I just Dual sported my 06 WR250F and I'm adjusting the valves, doing a tune up, and I finish so I went to take it out for a spin. I take off down the road, and just ride it around the neighborhood. Probably going 30-38 mph. Well this old guy runs out in the road in front of me, about 30-40 ft away when I am doing 36... ( I have a speedometer and check it constantly) and he gets in my face and yells at me saying I was doing 50-70 MPH down his road just then... My bike can't even go that fast in the 100 yard span of the roademoji2373.pngemoji2361.png He says he is gonna call the cops next time. So what do I do?

A. Politely apologize and tell him I will ride even slower and stay on my road...

Or...

B. Go burnout in his driveway or yard and rev limit it a few times and let him know that this is America and I can do what I want emoji848.png

Moon him....