Matteo99

Gotta Love Grumpy Old Guys

So I just Dual sported my 06 WR250F and I'm adjusting the valves, doing a tune up, and I finish so I went to take it out for a spin. I take off down the road, and just ride it around the neighborhood. Probably going 30-38 mph. Well this old guy runs out in the road in front of me, about 30-40 ft away when I am doing 36... ( I have a speedometer and check it constantly) and he gets in my face and yells at me saying I was doing 50-70 MPH down his road just then... My bike can't even go that fast in the 100 yard span of the road He says he is gonna call the cops next time. So what do I do?

A. Politely apologize and tell him I will ride even slower and stay on my road...

Or...

B. Go burnout in his driveway or yard and rev limit it a few times and let him know that this is America and I can do what I want

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

Tell him you identify as a riding mower and he’s Racist. Or just say ok have a nice night

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

If you had been riding a 125 2T he would have run out and high fived ya. :ride:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

If you had been riding a 125 2T he would have run out and high fived ya. :ride:
Oh yeah, he hates my cr125, always glares at me lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd wave at him while I was driving by him recording with a GoPro. Then post the vid so we can have a laugh at him while he's loosing his s$%t then you've got  back up if he actually call's the cops and they do anything about it.

He's probably made numerous complaints to the cops about other stuff in the past and the cops will probably ignore him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Absolutely nothing. A cop gave me a dirty look once (he lives on the next street). I still ride by his house 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I was 16 again. My choice would have been B.

But since I'm not.

Logical choice is.A 

Lame.

• Like 2

C. Let him know you were riding the speed limit and that you are legal. Explain that it might sound like you were are going faster than reality. Smile and say Yes Sir and No Sir. I would have done that today at 57 or when I was a punkass kid of 17, because I respect my elders. :D

LSHD at 17
Mike-1980.jpg.fa523cb5df24a55b37b8023b5a050930.jpg

LSHD at 57
Uncle_Mike.jpg.b8a642562052c66e6545c773530c2c0e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Throw some dirt in his eyes and sucker punch him. He’ll never see it coming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tell the old grouch that I said it's okay for you to ride there.

Ralph (born 1936).

• Like 3

You should probably slow down and stop speeding in your neighborhood. 

Think of it this way. No one is going to side with you for riding your dirt bike ANYTHING over the speed limit which is usually 20mph in a neighborhood. 

And if you are speeding at all and someone pulls out in front of you it will be your fault. 

Be a good steward of being a rider and be respectful. Do your hooning away from people. Nobody likes it but you.

• Like 1

Same thing happened when I drove my old car. It was bright red and every time I drove to work this lady would motion me to slow down. I was going 25 in a 25.

• Like 2

You should probably slow down and stop speeding in your neighborhood. 

Think of it this way. No one is going to side with you for riding your dirt bike ANYTHING over the speed limit which is usually 20mph in a neighborhood. 

And if you are speeding at all and someone pulls out in front of you it will be your fault. 

Be a good steward of being a rider and be respectful. Do your hooning away from people. Nobody likes it but you.
It's a 35mph road, so I was just doing 2 over the limit, and was just testing out the bike, I run a bike shop and so I gotta test em out sometimes. He was completely in the wrong and it was the first time I have ever ridden it there so there was no need for him to get in my face about it. I tried to explain that I was doing the speed limit and he called me a &%$#@! because I ride a dirt bike and said he was gonna call the cops I tried to be nice, but I can only do so much
Ride incredibly slow wheelies past his house.
Honestly that would be hilarious
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Matteo99 said:

So I just Dual sported my 06 WR250F and I'm adjusting the valves, doing a tune up, and I finish so I went to take it out for a spin. I take off down the road, and just ride it around the neighborhood. Probably going 30-38 mph. Well this old guy runs out in the road in front of me, about 30-40 ft away when I am doing 36... ( I have a speedometer and check it constantly) and he gets in my face and yells at me saying I was doing 50-70 MPH down his road just then... My bike can't even go that fast in the 100 yard span of the roademoji2373.pngemoji2361.png He says he is gonna call the cops next time. So what do I do?

A. Politely apologize and tell him I will ride even slower and stay on my road...

Or...

B. Go burnout in his driveway or yard and rev limit it a few times and let him know that this is America and I can do what I want emoji848.png

Mono over the fk head 

10441212_984007501681447_5278865616545225780_n.jpg