RideWithWill

starting to hate quads...and I was once a quad rider myself.

16 minutes ago, Fore-50 said:

No quads. Never rode one. 

No sxs.

I don't hate quads, or the people that ride em.

Ex quad converts in denial...that they still secretly want to throw their leg over one..just when no 2 wheel guys are watching!. Haha

Jk

Braap

Ever ridden a performance three wheeler in the dunes? It's an absolute blast! Something about backin' them into corners at speed that is good for the soul!

• Like 3

We hardly ever see quads around here anymore, its all SxSs.  And apparently 95% of the SxS owners are the lowest common denominator.  They have made a mess of a lot of the backcountry around here, including a lot of our single track that we have been riding for decades.  And have you ever gone on the Alpine Loop in the summer?  There are herds of the the damn things blocking the roads and all in all just acting totally retarded.

Edited by BOAB
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Fore-50 said:

No quads. Never rode one. 

No sxs.

I don't hate quads, or the people that ride em.

Ex quad converts in denial...that they still secretly want to throw their leg over one..just when no 2 wheel guys are watching!. Haha

Jk

Braap

only in the garage when truly no1 is looking ;) 
but when my wife barges in I have to jump on the bike to keep my pride.

Nah its just weird that I once enjoyed it and now I despise being on the trails on it ever since I hopped on 2 wheels. Clearly I cant be the only person who transitioned and feel this way. Feel much safer on a bike as well, as weird as it sounds. yeah I get hurt and fall a lot more

Beyond farm, hunting use, etc., quads have two purposes as I see it:

1. Allows you to take a non-riding friend along. One place we go rents everything you can imagine. My sons often want to bring friends. Some we’ve rented bikes for and taught to ride. Every now and then we bring someone along that renting a bike for just isn’t the right choice — it’s a one time trip, don’t want to slow the whole group down, too young for the size bikes they rent, etc. — and so renting them a quad is a smart choice so everyone has fun. For some kids who only play video games, a day on a quad is a revelation.

2. Gateway to dirt bikes. Maybe some kid we bring along who starts on a quad gets into the idea of the sport, wants to try bikes, and eventually becomes a dirt bike rider? I remember asking the head of marketing for Harley Davidson about those 3-wheeled street bikes (CanAm Spyder per google search), “Don’t you hate this things?” His response surprised me: “Heck no. People buy those things because they seem less intimidating, then once they start riding, they realize they really want a bike.”

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Im not saying the riders (kinda depends)...I am talking about riding quads in general. Got to a point where if it snows pretty heavy or something I get pissed off bc I have to take the quad. these few storms I went through I had no desire to offroad or anything because it was not idea for a bike and I was honestly miserable riding a quad. I hated it. Buddy of mine always hints me to take the quad and I just have no desire to, almost like I despise it. Also as weird as it sounds, I feel much safer on a bike than a quad...its more challenging (in a super fun way) workout and sure I fall tons more get injured tons more but w/e

I remember we went out for a ride yesterday and I remember we were going through this trail a lot of people dont go through because it has a bunch of logs and stuff... ruts w/ steep climbs etc and he was like you sure you can make it through? its going to be super technical on a bike kind of like hinting me I should have brought the quad which I am starting to hate.... did the trail no problems..... a log packed field and he even had issues on some tipy parts where I just logged hop and cruised right by. yeah a work out...but heck I love it
anyone else had this dilemma converting over? Just honesty hate to say it, but I hate quads now and cant see myself going back to them. I just dont enjoy being on the trails with them and the weird part is, every time I see a quad rider I get kinda pissed off...(depending) I dont know why. Sitting in the parking lot these quad riders grunting out their machines doing donuts (which I feel they are trying to show off) ripping in the parking lot full throttle no gear... I prob should mind my own business but w/e
Probably a stupid post but, maybe someone out there understands me. Weird part is, I used to be a quad rider since I was 8 yrs old. Only thing I regret is not getting into a bike at a younger age.
Sport Quads are great for dunes. Slow 4x4 quads are tools for farm work. Bikes rule everything else from pavement to the gnastiest single track.
  • Helpful 3

Like my friends in Denver that took their young kids on the back b/c they wanted to get out into nature, enjoying God's creation and family time away from the mall, tv and iphone? Not everyone rides for the sport, challenge of the thrill. Or my friends in Vegas that found that a UTV was a lot of family fun, also away from the city, mall, tv and iphones? 
Both families are nice, smart and fairly well to do people that simply chose the vehicle that suites their wants & needs best. We ride dirtbikes. That hardly makes us special or gifted. To much of the population, we're just a bunch of rednecks. Me? I try not to look down my nose at others b/c they enjoy what I may not.
You say rednecks like it's bad. Im proud to be a redneck, in fact, I'd bet my neck is the reddest you've ever seen right now.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched a group of dirt bikes doing wheelies in the city, stopping traffic and riding on sidewalks a few weeks ago....   
Today two dirt bike flew by me as I walked my dogs on a gravel walking trail clearly marked "No Motorized Vehicles".....
Every sport has lowest common denominators.   :prof:
I can't decide who the bad guy is unless i know if you had your dogs on leash or not.

We hardly ever see quads around here anymore, its all SxSs.  And apparently 95% of the SxS owners are the lowest common denominator.  They have made a mess of a lot of the backcountry around here, including a lot of our single track that we have been riding for decades.  And have you ever gone on the Alpine Loop in the summer?  There are herds of the the damn things blocking the roads and all in all just acting totally retarded.
SxS r awsum. Ihaz run onlee Full Wrap Hand Guards and no nekcbraces.

3 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

no beer? you not tru SxS rider w/o beer

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

I'd bet my neck is the reddest you've ever seen right now.

I thought gamma rays turned you green.

14 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

I can't decide who the bad guy is unless i know if you had your dogs on leash or not.

Dogs on leash as required for trail use ordnance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HevyRotashunz said:
47 minutes ago, BOAB said:

So that WAS you! :lol:

web1_570bd20687045.image_.jpg

• Like 1

I'd argue that the worst dirt biker is less destructive than the average Quad/UTV, or at least I've never seen any dirt bikers hauling 24 packs out into the woods and leaving all the cans and box (let alone anyone strapping a cooler on their bike in the first place). Plus there's never just one, it's always a pack of 3+ all blaring the latest pop-country album. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HevyRotashunz said:
36 minutes ago, BOAB said:
So that WAS you! emoji38.png
web1_570bd20687045.image_.jpg&key=47a06bcf5b907a0566a83ae5daf13296acbe006e202f1cc58a5c3ab1de6b8fe5

Read more  

The only thing really better about SxS is that the average tweaker can't afford them. I've seen freaked out tweakers on dirtbikes and quads, but haven't yet seen one piloting a 20k dollar SxS.

Yeah, the only quads I ever see anymore are piloted by tweakers.  There are usually at least 2 of them on it, sometimes they manage 3.

• Like 1