richard7944

Riding Waddle Creek today 5-15

Riding Waddle to get reacquainted with the area after taking 20 years off the dirt, any suggestions on trails out there?

Anyone else riding out there today wanna show someone around? I plan on being there around 11-1 when I’m done with work. 

Seriously, have a trail app running and or have a map. Easy to get lost out there and the trails aren't particularly well marked. Though some user group has been putting up some trail markers in yellow markers (thank you).

The trails aren't very difficult, so it will be good for getting your groove back. 

• Helpful 1

Waddle Basin East is the slickest mud, when wet, that I've ever encountered. Worse than ice.  Try Waddle Basin West instead? (I've never ridden it)

Or, you could stage at Porter Creek, since its been awhile since your last ride.

Edited by Blue Dawn Enduro

Yeah, after that downpour last night I'm thinking this guy had a rather slick affair in the red clay....

In South Tacoma last night it came down loud and hard for a while.  

17 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Yeah, after that downpour last night I'm thinking this guy had a rather slick affair in the red clay....

In South Tacoma last night it came down loud and hard for a while.  

Yep, my son was at Gold Mountain, at the HS District III Golf Tourney. They were squeegee'ing the greens...

IMG_8931.jpg

12 minutes ago, Chuck. said:

I cancelled today's ride because of rain and CF red clay. :facepalm:

Waiting for a ride report.

This guy was getting back into riding. Good. Every ride after this one he will claim mad traction. If he lives...

• Like 1

I rode Waddell east to west last Saturday when it was dry. It was like riding a different area haha. I got lucky and found the trail up to Capitol Peak. It was a great day.

image.png.72250c6e156ce4822e7c4c93976da3e0.png

Not a big fan of the cinder blocks but they help alot with traction in that area. I bent my rear rotor a couple of years ago on that slick clay on the east trail and had to limp the rest of the way without a rear brake.

If you ride there on a weekend I would suggest an early morning start. I got there at 7AM and the lot was empty. There was about 30 rigs parked there when I got back about 3 1/2 hours later. Ran into alot of traffic in the last mile.

Which is why I ride during the week. And less traffic out of Rock Candy. Run your headlight on high beam to provide earlier warning to oncoming traffic. I hate head ons so I switched to a LED light bar for more light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuck. said:

Which is why I ride during the week. And less traffic out of Rock Candy. Run your headlight on high beam to provide earlier warning to oncoming traffic. I hate head ons so I switched to a LED light bar for more light.

I’m thinking I might stick to that area during the week more often since I only live 20 minutes from there. My work allows me the flexibility of being able to work from home and run to the woods for a little play time. 

1 minute ago, richard7944 said:

I’m thinking I might stick to that area during the week more often since I only live 20 minutes from there. My work allows me the flexibility of being able to work from home and run to the woods for a little play time. 

That’s a good life...

2 hours ago, richard7944 said:

I might could meet up sometime for a rock candy ride,I think if I went real slow I could get to Rock candy parking lot in about 3 minutes from my house...lol. Haven't ridden up there much,which is weird cause I live right across the highway from there. Shoot me a message anytime and I should be able to go.

15 hours ago, Chuck. said:

Tested the LED light bar last Tuesday only one beam but it has 2 spots and 4 wide angle LEDs, and much more light than the 40 watt Halogen headlight on hi.

362335058_LEDLightBar.thumb.jpg.6c5c5c7efc6f8c46492b3d05a210124f.jpg