Sherco Teasing 2020’s

3 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

I like the looks of the standard models best. I wonder if you could get the KYBs on a standard?

Same here, I'd by a factory edition for the KYB suspension but switch the plastics to the standard model style/color.

Edited by mlatour

11 hours ago, mlatour said:

Same here, I'd by a factory edition for the KYB suspension but switch the plastics to the standard model style/color.

In the past you could but I don't think you will with RYP. New plastic isn't cheap and maybe one aftermarket choice is available. Why would anyone get a new bike without KYB when there's an option???

1 hour ago, weantright said:

In the past you could but I don't think you will with RYP. New plastic isn't cheap and maybe one aftermarket choice is available. Why would anyone get a new bike without KYB when there's an option???

I just did. (still waiting for delivery) I know I am far from a racer and that the difference would most likely make no difference to me. Just mot interested in pushing myself to see how fast I can go. At 62 it takes longer to recover from injuries so I reduce my crashing potential by riding at 80%. Still great fun.

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/4200-2020-sherco-enduro-model-range-tested

"Significantly the WP suspension fitted to the standard, Racing models has not been upgraded for 2020 and though it remains fine for what you might call normal riding, the updates we've seen to the WP kit on KTM and Husqvarna standard 2020 models has left the Sherco stock kit behind slightly. 

It is when you’re pushing harder you find the clear benefits of the KYB suspension on the Factory editions and the 2020 KYB kit is playing its hand. 

The improved stability from the beefier shock means it copes better with the bumps, grips and drives better out of turns. Put simply it is easier to ride the KYB-kitted Factory bikes faster than the WP-kitted Racing models."

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Norbecker said:

I just did. (still waiting for delivery) I know I am far from a racer and that the difference would most likely make no difference to me. Just mot interested in pushing myself to see how fast I can go. At 62 it takes longer to recover from injuries so I reduce my crashing potential by riding at 80%. Still great fun.

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/4200-2020-sherco-enduro-model-range-tested

"Significantly the WP suspension fitted to the standard, Racing models has not been upgraded for 2020 and though it remains fine for what you might call normal riding, the updates we've seen to the WP kit on KTM and Husqvarna standard 2020 models has left the Sherco stock kit behind slightly. 

It is when you’re pushing harder you find the clear benefits of the KYB suspension on the Factory editions and the 2020 KYB kit is playing its hand. 

The improved stability from the beefier shock means it copes better with the bumps, grips and drives better out of turns. Put simply it is easier to ride the KYB-kitted Factory bikes faster than the WP-kitted Racing models."

Sounds good on paper but reality is you don't have to be fast, young or a pro rider to appreciate good suspension. KYB can be set-up to be just as plush on the small stuff AND maintain control at speed. This is where Xplor forks fall short, small range of adjustability. Would you notice the difference?? Most likely yes otherwise why spend the extra on this type of bike?? I have had both type (CC & OC) and styles of forks (SFF, traditional). You can't beat KYB when there's an option up front! Lastly resale or at least interest will be 10x greater with KYB.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, weantright said:

Sounds good on paper but reality is you don't have to be fast, young or a pro rider to appreciate good suspension. KYB can be set-up to be just as plush on the small stuff AND maintain control at speed. This is where Xplor forks fall short, small range of adjustability. Would you notice the difference?? Most likely yes otherwise why spend the extra on this type of bike?? I have had both type (CC & OC) and styles of forks (SFF, traditional). You can't beat KYB when there's an option up front! Lastly resale or at least interest will be 10x greater with KYB.

I got the Sherco 300 because all the bikes with lower seat height (lower than Beta) are significantly heavier and have way less power. I can get a low seat and lowering links for the 300SEF and it is much easier than cutting weight off the  low seat bikes. Plus the overall performance of the bike is much better. I just got my 14 Husaberg FE501 sprung for my weight and the stock suspension works great for me. Could be a case of not knowing what I'm missing?????? But I am very happy with the stock suspension and expect to be happy with the WP on the 300.

FWIW: I got heavier springs for my trials bike = instant huge improvement. Even my riding buddies could tell. So I got the Ohlins shock to replace the 4 year old stock shock...........I could not tell any difference. My riding stayed the same. :(

Edited by Norbecker

On 6/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, Norbecker said:

I got the Sherco 300 because all the bikes with lower seat height (lower than Beta) are significantly heavier and have way less power. I can get a low seat and lowering links for the 300SEF and it is much easier than cutting weight off the  low seat bikes. Plus the overall performance of the bike is much better. I just got my 14 Husaberg FE501 sprung for my weight and the stock suspension works great for me. Could be a case of not knowing what I'm missing?????? But I am very happy with the stock suspension and expect to be happy with the WP on the 300.

FWIW: I got heavier springs for my trials bike = instant huge improvement. Even my riding buddies could tell. So I got the Ohlins shock to replace the 4 year old stock shock...........I could not tell any difference. My riding stayed the same. :(

I have a 2019 SER 300 in stock ready for you. I could be enticed to make an Idaho trip too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cycletech1 said:

I have a 2019 SER 300 in stock ready for you. I could be enticed to make an Idaho trip too!

Thanks but I just got one delivered today...Actually it turned out to be a 250 Factory by mistake. Now that I have seen it in person I really like it. My 300 SEF-R will be shipped tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Norbecker said:

Thanks but I just got one delivered today...Actually it turned out to be a 250 Factory by mistake. Now that I have seen it in person I really like it. My 300 SEF-R will be shipped tomorrow.

How does someone mess that order up??

7 hours ago, weantright said:

How does someone mess that order up??

Shite happens??? Maybe has a bunch of crated bikes and shipped the one on the left instead of the one on the right??? Gotta say that 250 Factory sure is nice. Very tempting to make a deal to keep it but decided it would be easier to make my 300 more like a factory edition than to make a 250 a 300. 

13 hours ago, Norbecker said:

Shite happens??? Maybe has a bunch of crated bikes and shipped the one on the left instead of the one on the right??? Gotta say that 250 Factory sure is nice. Very tempting to make a deal to keep it but decided it would be easier to make my 300 more like a factory edition than to make a 250 a 300. 

Expensive "shite happens" unless the dealer accepts the 250??

On 6/14/2019 at 7:51 AM, weantright said:

Expensive "shite happens" unless the dealer accepts the 250??

Worked out good. A friend has bought the 250 and my 300 should be here this week. Would have been great to get it last week so I could have gotten a ride or 2 on it but it will get here soon.