My 02 CR jug is at millenium!

Hey guys, my cylinder is getting repaired at millenium and the choices they have for pistons  are wiseco, wossner, pro-x, vertex, and JE...? Are any of these Forged? Im really looking for a forged piston... But what are your guys personal favorites? I know OEM but millenium doesnt stock those...

Thanks

IMG_20180503_164847.jpg

Hey guys, my cylinder is getting repaired at millenium and the choices they have for pistons  are wiseco, wossner, pro-x, vertex, and JE...? Are any of these Forged? Im really looking for a forged piston... But what are your guys personal favorites? I know OEM but millenium doesnt stock those...

Thanks
IMG_20180503_164847.jpg.b61baaddd0f5c1d935f7ba8bf9e260a1.jpg
I think Weisco, Wossner, and maybe Vertex offer forged. Not sure about JE.

Thanks
IMG_20180503_164847.jpg.b61baaddd0f5c1d935f7ba8bf9e260a1.jpg

Wiseco is forged, that’s what I run never ever had a problem. Comes in a cool little suede pouch and the piston looks immaculate. Vertex is forged with a carbon skirt I believe, which is better for heat dissipation but the wiseco id say is your best bet. Pro x are cast pistons.

Wiseco is forged, that’s what I run never ever had a problem. Comes in a cool little suede pouch and the piston looks immaculate. Vertex is forged with a carbon skirt I believe, which is better for heat dissipation but the wiseco id say is your best bet. Pro x are cast pistons.

Also get the pistons off motosport..cheaper!

This is my piston, do you think anything got into the bottom when it locked up?20190604_094151.thumb.jpeg.d02fdb4e1953349c0c838992c1c0b5f1.jpeg20190604_094155.thumb.jpeg.48bed034107d3ecbc8b85057c4d85f20.jpeg

Just looks like major scoring. Nothing a oil flush wont fix. Doesnt look as though any chunks got in so I think you’re all set.

40 minutes ago, chanlarius said:

Just looks like major scoring. Nothing a oil flush wont fix. Doesnt look as though any chunks got in so I think you’re all set.

Thanks bro! Ill change out the oil for sure, already planned on it!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smallz700r said:

Ill change out the oil for sure

"Changing out the oil" (meaning the gearbox lubricant) has nothing to do with the engine's crankcase which is lubricated by the oil in your premix.

What chanlarius suggested is a crankcase flush, usually pouring in diesel or kerosene, sloshing the engine around 

and inverting it to flush out any debris floating around in there. (also done to flush coolant out after an internal leak)

Call it a cheap 'just in case' process but it does not however dislodge particles embedded in the bearing surfaces.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 2

"Changing out the oil" (meaning the gearbox lubricant) has nothing to do with the engine's crankcase which is lubricated by the oil in your premix.
What chanlarius suggested is a crankcase flush, example pouring in diesel or kerosene, sloshing the engine around 
and inverting it to flush out any debris floating around in there.
Call it a cheap 'just in case' process but it does not however dislodge particles embedded in the bearing surfaces.
Beat me to it... my fat thumbs are too slow trying to type on my phone

2 hours ago, KcDavis said:
2 hours ago, mlatour said:
What chanlarius suggested is a crankcase flush, example pouring in diesel or kerosene, sloshing the engine around 
and inverting it to flush out any debris floating around in there.

Beat me to it... my fat thumbs are too slow trying to type on my phone

Ok jug and old piston are off, where do i pour the diesel fuel? Just dump it in where the con-rod is sticking up?

Posted (edited)

Yes, then lay the bike down on it's side or even upside down to drain.

If possible catch / filter the diesel in a clean pan and look for metallic debris.

Let it evaporate out but the first start up may be a bit smokey until the residual diesel burns off.

Edited by mlatour

Yes, then lay the bike down on it's side to drain.
If possible catch / filter the diesel in a clean pan and look for metallic debris.

Let it evaporate out but the first start up may be a bit smokey until the residual diesel burns off.
Ok so dump in here and slosh it around and then drain by using oil plug?20190604_142715.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Again, the oil drain plug is not related at all with the engine's crank case, it's for the gearbox.

They are separated inside, the gearbox lubed by it's own oil, the crank/rod/piston lubed by the premix in the gas.

Sounds like you are not yet 100% familiar with the design of these engines, I hope you have a service manual on hand.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 2

Again, the oil drain plug is not related at all with the engine's crank case, it's for the gearbox.
They are separated inside, the gearbox lubed by it's own oil, the crank/rod/piston lubed by the premix in the gas.

Looks like you are not yet 100% familiar with these engines, I hope you have a service manual on hand.

Perfect explanation

I would not ever use a forged piston in a two stroke they tend to cold seize use a cast piston . 

• Like 1

Sorry to jump back to the piston question from the beginning, but I can tell you that all Wiseco pistons are forged! All JEs are forged as well, but they only make 4-stroke pistons.

• Like 1

Like i said in other thread.  Drill lube holes for exhaust bridge in new piston i recommend prox . Also i think your right powervalve is hitting piston as well as can see the bridge rubbed it. I can help you with lube holes when get cylinder back its easy to do and definitely recommend it 

• Like 1

I just sent my jug to Millennium and got it back and I got a Wiseco piston and it's forged I always go with Wiseco I never really used anything else I got a 88 CR250R they did a really nice job on the power valves and cleaning The Jug they just did a really nice job all around

• Like 2

Wossner and wiesco=forged 2t.  I wish wossner made a piston for my bike. 

Wossner and wiesco=forged 2t.  I wish wossner made a piston for my bike. 
I bought the wossner, it was the most expensive though...
Like i said in other thread.  Drill lube holes for exhaust bridge in new piston i recommend prox . Also i think your right powervalve is hitting piston as well as can see the bridge rubbed it. I can help you with lube holes when get cylinder back its easy to do and definitely recommend it 
I sent PV in with cylinder