I've looked through TT and many other websites, I can not find what the plug color should be with correct jetting. Could anyone tell me if my plug looks normal. 

I have about 50 miles on this plug.

20190605_175809[1].jpg

20190605_175834[1].jpg

20190605_175844[1].jpg

Looks good to me.  Check that gap.

.028 to .031 so you are bang on.

Very difficult for any person to read a spark plug with today's fuel. Plus most people read the wrong area of the plug. Plus any plug take out a motor that was just started or idled is pointless. What it tells you is the motor was just started.  Forget reading plugs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, clueless_oldtimer said:

Looks too rich to me unless you've been running it on choke or something just before pulling it 

I only use the choke to start the bike. The bike had been rode about and hour before I pulled the plug I've been having problems with the bike running rich since I got the bike, I changed the emulsion tube, needle and jets and now it looks way better than it did. I was just course if that looked normal to what everyone else was getting. 

Ideally the color would be medium brown - medium grey or anywhere in between.  Darker shades are OK too as long as there is not excessive deposits, which is the case with your plug (looks OK).  Generally lighter colors indicate a fuel lean condition or detonation, and darker shades indicate fuel rich or oil burning/seeping.  GENERALLY.
There are lots of charts and pictures on the web showing various spark plug conditions and what they usually mean.  Look 'em up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DGXR said:

Ideally the color would be medium brown - medium grey or anywhere in between.  Darker shades are OK too as long as there is not excessive deposits, which is the case with your plug (looks OK).  Generally lighter colors indicate a fuel lean condition or detonation, and darker shades indicate fuel rich or oil burning/seeping.  GENERALLY.
There are lots of charts and pictures on the web showing various spark plug conditions and what they usually mean.  Look 'em up.

I'll see if I can find a chart thank you for your help.

I have always seen a light brown to darker brown when correct mixer has been achieved. Blackish to wet blackish is rich to way too rich.

21 minutes ago, billy barty said:

have always seen a light brown to darker brown when correct mixer has been achieved. Blackish to wet blackish is rich to way too rich.

This is true but you really can't read a used plug. Plug readings are supposed to be taken with a new plug at wide open throttle when the  the engine is then cut immediately and rolled to a stop. Two strokes will generally always have dark plugs if they've been in there for a while due to the the oil they burn. If the bike is running fine and you're not fowling plugs... Forget what color it is and keep riding.

I agree it must be a new plug being used.  I also agree. Put a second plug in your pack and just ride till you run out of plugs... lol

• Like 1

All of the above points about plug reading are valid. Key, however, is that one reads the color not at the tip of the insulator, but at the base of it, deep down inside the the cylindrical threaded part of the plug.

• Like 1

An old school method of checking for richness is to take your pinky and wipe the inside of your tailpipe, a little black is OK, a lot isn't... plus it's much easier to do, don't have to keep yanking the tank

• Like 3

An old school method of checking for richness is to take your pinky and wipe the inside of your tailpipe, a little black is OK, a lot isn't... plus it's much easier to do, don't have to keep yanking the tank
This trick isn't only for bikes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dmouse said:

23 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

This trick isn't only for bikesemoji3516.png

True, but you MUST use the pinky or this trick will not work ;)

Well, here is a few pics for reference.

First couple pics choke was on, color difference is pretty obvious indicating a very rich mixture, rest pics are proper electrode color.

BTW, don't pay attention to the plug itself, it's an old plug I had been running for a couple decades, been replaced now with a shining new one.

DSC_0646.thumb.jpg.7ba0c6b5cfcc0b61fbbfbffc4a55bdf7.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0688.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

5 hours ago, DGXR said:

True, but you MUST use the pinky or this trick will not work ;)

Using any other finger reflects a poor upbringing :prof:

6 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

This trick isn't only for bikesemoji3516.png

My older brother showed me that back in the 70s' when I was first getting into cars