10 points for Alpinestars

I bought Tech 10 boots over 10 years ago and the souls were trashed and this year two buckles disappeared. I ordered a set of sg12 sidi boots for 400 on sale and they were so stiff I returned them. They might have felt better after a while but I didn't give them chance. Contacted alpinestars they told me 125 including return shipping to repair the tech 10's, they required pictures first. They sure looked sad. Today I received the repaired boots and they're better than expected. They replaced all the buckles with higher quality aluminum ones and replaced both upper and lower soles. Very happy with their service. For the  weeks I was waiting for them (3k miles away) I bought a set of close out Tech 5's for 180. 

IMG_20190419_124738289.jpg

IMG_20190606_114324_01.jpg

• Like 1

I did repair the inner bodies myself before I shipped them with some 3M 77 adhesive. It worked well. The thin soles with separating from the booty. 

As I stated 125 including return shipping for the repair. I did pay ups at a shipping center to get them there in advance. They called after the repair was done for my card number and shipped them back the same day.

• Like 2

Ya I had an insole wear issue with one of my 6 year old Tech 10's  a couple of years ago. Bough the inner sole replacement kit but for some reason it did not include the glue and when I actually look at the replacements they are too small and figured it was going to be much hassle to do it myself anyway so returned the kit to the dealer.

Then contacted Alpinestars, sent them some pics and they gave me a quote of $150 CDN to replace both FULL soles. I had to pay the shipping to CA from BC ($25 CDN) and they paid shipping back. They ended up replacing a couple of damaged buckle clasps for free and IMO did and excellent job. I think the sole material is better than the original and barely any wear since.

If I'm not mistaken the only time they will not fix them is fix the spline in the back is broken.

Before/After

20150413_172704.jpg.c46aa228478c9439fadb374c80edd98b.jpg

20150526_163450.thumb.jpg.cc1e4b994d4dd092eef3edc2624ce030.jpg

Stuff I bought for the repair and used to remove the inner soles but as I said even if they did fit was worth the $$$ to have the full soles done and at this point I'll have these Tech 10's for life ?

20150416_182714.jpg.f796d69198983ed6b6d8a64e16183451.jpg

20150416_182654.jpg.5fb7375d84e5571ba1d43634e5b0ccbe.jpg20150416_182700.jpg.5f79f9adab6d5b31b5648736c6e5e239.jpg20150416_182705.jpg.c0102bfa31f3fbf2498a31d00c79e7fe.jpg

12 minutes ago, filterx said:

at this point I'll have these Tech 10's for life

I checked it turns out I bought them in 2007 with my CRf and now they're almost like new again. definitely the most comfortable boots I've ever owned and I've been riding for 50 years this summer. None of my other boots lasted half as long as these have so far. The inner booty makes them really comfy. My buddy just bought Tech 7"s they don't have a booty but I'm not sure if they're padded like these.

39 minutes ago, Roy Kaplan said:

I checked it turns out I bought them in 2007 with my CRf and now they're almost like new again. definitely the most comfortable boots I've ever owned and I've been riding for 50 years this summer. None of my other boots lasted half as long as these have so far. The inner booty makes them really comfy. My buddy just bought Tech 7"s they don't have a booty but I'm not sure if they're padded like these.

I bought my first dirt bike in 2010 and went through a 2 pairs of cheap boots in like 2 years. Then a buddy who bought a bike and all the gear and 10's broke his shoulder first ride and gave up on the sport. The 10's were exactly my size and I gave him $250 for not knowing what the actual cost of them were.

IMO I love having the booties (cleaning, easy drying etc) and they fit me perfectly.

If for some reason I actually had to buy new boots I would have NP spending the $$ on new 10's BUT at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference, fit, budget etc so I'm not pushing these on anyone ?

You should add your location to your profile ?

Edited by filterx

9 hours ago, Roy Kaplan said:

I bought Tech 10 boots over 10 years ago and the souls were trashed and this year two buckles disappeared. I ordered a set of sg12 sidi boots for 400 on sale and they were so stiff I returned them. They might have felt better after a while but I didn't give them chance. Contacted alpinestars they told me 125 including return shipping to repair the tech 10's, they required pictures first. They sure looked sad. Today I received the repaired boots and they're better than expected. They replaced all the buckles with higher quality aluminum ones and replaced both upper and lower soles. Very happy with their service. For the  weeks I was waiting for them (3k miles away) I bought a set of close out Tech 5's for 180. 

IMG_20190419_124738289.jpg

IMG_20190606_114324_01.jpg

But do they still smell??

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Clutch44 said:

But do they still smell??

Nice thing about the Tech10's is you can wash the booties so IMO unless you have super sticky feet and don't wash them, the boots themselves tend to smell like whatever I wash the booties in.

Then easy to wash/replace the insoles as needed or change to a more specific insole if you want to adjust the fit/comfort of boot.

I sound like I work in sales for Alpinestars ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filterx said:

Nice thing about the Tech10's is you can wash the booties so IMO unless you have super sticky feet and don't wash them, the boots themselves tend to smell like whatever I wash the booties in.

Then easy to wash/replace the insoles as needed or change to a more specific insole if you want to adjust the fit/comfort of boot.

I sound like I work in sales for Alpinestars :)

I miss  that about the AS. I had 2 pair of tech8s and then just bought the sidi crossfire 3. I forgot about all the water crossings I have to do to get to my trails, until I took my boots off. I feel I made a mistake for just that reason.

6 minutes ago, Clutch44 said:

I miss  that about the AS. I had 2 pair of tech8s and then just bought the sidi crossfire 3. I forgot about all the water crossings I have to do to get to my trails, until I took my boots off. I feel I made a mistake for just that reason.

Ya I live in the PNW and we get rain during the fall/winter then gets pretty hot during the summers so one way or the other my socks/booties are usually wet after a ride. Also just nice being able to take them out after a ride and just letting them air dry.