1 minute ago, Madsmokey12 said:

Well I pulled the trigger on some sidi crossfire srs 2s! I wanted the 3s but they don’t make them in a 48. Bought them from Rocky Mountain they gave me a price match same as chromeburner so I couldn’t resist

Very well made boot. I ride 100+ times per year. Around two years, any boot I own breaks. My Gaerne SG11's broke in both boots over time at the ankle pivot. Shipped to MN for repairs. My Sidi SRS sole is glued to the upper, not stitched or "welted" and the wet of the PNW made the sole separate...again, shipped back. 

Proper care for boots...

Never ever ever use heat in drying...like loctite...the glues of footwear will fail with water and heat. Wash the boots in cold water occassionally, and put cedar shoe trees in them to keep dry and odor free (wood is a anti fungal property). You may consider also putting a paste/sealant on the exterior to keep the sole from splitting from water..if you live in a very humid swampy place. I will spray my boots after cleaning and drying with a silicone spray to lubricate the buckles and get rid of squeeking. It also pays to lubricate the screws at the bottom of SRS and clean with wd40 every few months, otherwise that stuff will rust/rot away. As I'd mentioned above, I'm fine with the stock sole, because there is such a thing as too much traction...and your achilles and knees don't agree with too much traction...

Ok, hope that is good advice for at least someone, and based on my serious use of these boots for 4 yrs. 

Very well made boot. I ride 100+ times per year. Around two years, any boot I own breaks. My Gaerne SG11's broke in both boots over time at the ankle pivot. Shipped to MN for repairs. My Sidi SRS sole is glued to the upper, not stitched or "welted" and the wet of the PNW made the sole separate...again, shipped back. 
Proper care for boots...
Never ever ever use heat in drying...like loctite...the glues of footwear will fail with water and heat. Wash the boots in cold water occassionally, and put cedar shoe trees in them to keep dry and odor free (wood is a anti fungal property). You may consider also putting a paste/sealant on the exterior to keep the sole from splitting from water..if you live in a very humid swampy place. I will spray my boots after cleaning and drying with a silicone spray to lubricate the buckles and get rid of squeeking. It also pays to lubricate the screws at the bottom of SRS and clean with wd40 every few months, otherwise that stuff will rust/rot away. As I'd mentioned above, I'm fine with the stock sole, because there is such a thing as too much traction...and your achilles and knees don't agree with too much traction...
Ok, hope that is good advice for at least someone, and based on my serious use of these boots for 4 yrs. 

Thank you so much with all the support and advice I really appreciate it! I’m really happy with the decision over the alpinestars! And I’m glad Rocky Mountain could price match for me. Because I needed the boots before next weekend due to going on vacation for a month

1 minute ago, Madsmokey12 said:

Thank you so much with all the support and advice I really appreciate it! I’m really happy with the decision over the alpinestars! And I’m glad Rocky Mountain could price match for me. Because I needed the boots before next weekend due to going on vacation for a month

You'll love them and they are pretty snazzy! Heck, even my dog howls in excitement about new moto gear...

023.JPG.9dd3cdcb4770e953e23ae49a72d89fdf.JPG

• Like 3