Looking for suggestions on my wife’s first bike

There are many many “what bike should I get” threads on here. But my wife has some very specific criteria. So here goes another.:banana:

She is 5’6”. Not sure of inseam but has nice long legs. :D She weighs 135. She has zero dirt experience, some street experience. 

What she would like is a lightweight, easy to ride and learn on, street plated bike. She doesn’t want to learn to be fast or ride anything technical. But she also doesn’t want to be on a heavy duel sport.

I was thinking a KTM freeride or similar might be the ticket. What do you ladies think? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Edit: forgot to mention one of the things she wants to be able to do is also take the bike down the backroads a few miles to work on occasion.

Edited by Bobatsea

I say xtrainer,I'm not a lady but I've heard good things about the beta xtrainer. Light,low seat,plate,all the bells and whistles.

• Like 1

I just got an XTrainer & love it. My previous bike was a 250 KTM xcf-w which was way too heavy. The XT is so light on the trails! I’m 5’3”, so had it lowered 2” & my husband put a throttle tamer on it which I like. Read a little about the Freeride, but the XT was more what I was looking for(more dirt bike, than trials bike). This is my first 2 stroke & the transition from 4 stroke was easier than I expected. I would recommend the XT over the Freeride.

• Like 2

ridden both the freeride and XT-  own the XT. She's 5'4", lowered 1.5" internally. unstoppable. Depending on state you are in, many come street legal from the dealer. 

image.png.4a96403ce3ec898c1b755eed14d61565.png2119159209_karenwatercrossing.jpg.86d3614bf115fd6d05a5f80d7bcefa99.jpg