The SINGLE most reliable 2 stroke dirt bike ever made?

7 hours ago, nobade said:
20 hours ago, Bsbiker said:
Your Dad must be loosing his memory, when I was racing them I never heard of any sizing, just bad ignitions. 

I'm not sure any early 70's MX bike was all that great compared to what we have now. I remember as a little kid we used to have to walk the track after each moto picking up bike parts so the racers could put their machines back together before the next go at it. But I will give them credit, the CZ bikes were better than any of the others out there. And this is from the memories of a 6 year old...in 1970.

Thats funny, I always walked the track to get to know it, don't remember picking up the trash! Lol

On 6/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, Nicholas Sibley said:

Did the pre-89 air cooled kdx have these issues too? Because those didnt have a power valve and still make plenty of power.

Had an 80 or 81 KDX 250 for 10 years. Did regular maintenance on it and replaced tires, chains and sprockets, brake shoes, etc. but I think I only ever replaced one piston and a couple sets of rings. Don't know how many miles were on it but it was used regularly and even studded for winter use. 

On 6/14/2019 at 8:08 PM, Nicholas Sibley said:

Alright enough bullcrap. I'm gonna buy a two stroke because they are fun. I'm gonna ride it everywhere including the track. Performance aside, what is the single most reliable 2 stroke dirt bike EVER made? Is their any bike that I wont have to put a top end in every year? (Assuming I'm not an idiot who overrevvs it everywhere.)

the old DT175 Yamahas were pretty pulletproof

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 6:57 AM, Roy Kaplan said:

yes I had a 68 Yamaha 360 Enduro registered when I was fifteen and I drove it for years on the street and in the dirt and never serviced it. It ran great when I sold it. it was four years old when I bought it and I bet the guy I got it from never touched it either.

1586990479_is(5).jpg.30df36f7f7fd4be119a0ee2ad370be84.jpg

I've put hundreds if not thousands of hours on KDX200s and CR250Rs and have yet to experience a single failure on either model. 

I owned CF500's from 1985 until 2012. Never had to do anything except top ends and maintain the suspension linkage. The brakes sucked  compared to newer bikes.