Goleta_Slim

Shorty clutch lever 701

Posted (edited)

The stock clutch lever is too long, hits my pinky and ring finger when I'm using one or two fingers to pull.

What shorty clutch lever is everyone using on their 701? 

I saw the shorty Magura on ktm twins listed for the 690 and was hoping it's a fit for the 701.

Edited by Goleta_Slim

41 minutes ago, DrKayak said:

I love the MME shorty lever. Have it on my 690 and 250. Truly one finger operation. Wish they made one for my 1290 too. 

http://www.midwestme.com/

Love mine. Take your time to adjust it right, and use handguards and a tiny bit of thread locker on that little set screw. It's like butter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HansLanda said:

By the way @Goleta_Slim if you do live in Goleta, you could check out my lever sometime if you're unsure.

I might have to do that.  I just read a thread on advrider about that lever not being a simple drop in replacement.  

12 hours ago, Goleta_Slim said:

I might have to do that.  I just read a thread on advrider about that lever not being a simple drop in replacement.  

That's right, it takes some fine adjustment with a warm engine to dial in the disengagement point, lever position, and eliminate clutch drag.

Thought it had to do with the "safety" switch. (Being in gear, then starting?)

I've been using the Magura shorty lever.  It matches the stock brake lever, it works good and it's cheap. 

Had the MME lever, it was definitely like butter but, it kissed the switch housing when fully pulled on my 2015. Just wasn't a fan. The shorty Magura lever was shorter than stock but, not by much. After all that I ended up cutting down the stocker and couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

Just keep putting off replacing the useless stock plastic handguards. You’re almost guaranteed a shorty lever by some point. File the tip smooth - voila!

E7592D81-D48F-405C-AB7F-F9EA9353F017.jpeg

• Like 1