Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a square VP (Husky logo haha) and it is good.  My dad got it for me for Christmas, as he knew that he would get my orange KTM branded round VP jug as a hand me down.  However, it is just another square jug.
I also have a Hunsaker 5gal.  That thing is the bomb, and is better in every metric other than it has a bigger foot print.  However with that bigger foot print it never tips over.  I have been using it for diesel in my Bobcat, so I need to get a new one to start transporting gasoline for the bikes again.
https://hunsakerusa.com/collections/5-gallon-quikfill-jugs/products/5-gallon-fuel-jug-quick-fill-jug



That hunsaker looks like a good quality gas jug! Little more expensive then the VP but you get what you pay for. Haha you sound like me gotta have everything matching. Lol I even bought ktm tie downs! I just got back into the sport now that I’m older and more responsible so I had buy all new gear. I’m not trying to skimp on anything. Tomorrow will be my first night to get to ride at the mx track now that I got the required gear for it.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an LC jug, never really had any issues with it.  O-ring in the lids start to swell and not fit/seal right after a while. 

Sold the few LC's I have (kept one, because 6gal and I've got an extended-run lid for my generator for it) and upgraded to Scribner jugs.  The foam gasket in the lids works well and I haven't blown one out yet.  They seal well.  Had an issue with one lid on one of them I got, wouldn't thread on well... think it was a bad part to begin with, bought a replacement lid and it works fine now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one VP can per bike, I would recommend doing the same if your bikes recommend different fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eastreich said:

I have a square VP (Husky logo haha) and it is good.  My dad got it for me for Christmas, as he knew that he would get my orange KTM branded round VP jug as a hand me down.  However, it is just another square jug.

I also have a Hunsaker 5gal.  That thing is the bomb, and is better in every metric other than it has a bigger foot print.  However with that bigger foot print it never tips over.  I have been using it for diesel in my Bobcat, so I need to get a new one to start transporting gasoline for the bikes again.

https://hunsakerusa.com/collections/5-gallon-quikfill-jugs/products/5-gallon-fuel-jug-quick-fill-jug

There are several that use those for roadracing too.. good tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I also use the "VP Water jugs".   It was very nice of VP to switch from making the 5 gallon gas cans to 5 gallon water jugs when the imbeciles in Washington made them illegal.  
In my entire life, I probably spilled less than a 1/4 gallon of gas until they mandated these new stupid no spill spouts.   They cost $30 for a can  and I spill so much gas now.  They leak like a sieve.  I have several that after being pressurized by the heat of the day will shoot a fountain of gas 8 feet into the air when I unlock the safety mechanism.  I bet I've spilled over 5 gallons of gas since they mandated those stupid things.  This is EXACTLY why you don't want the government involved in managing your health care.
Doc
Something something Enemas for everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bike master clear 5 gallon jug,got mine from Chapparal with MXA gift card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bungholio said:

I will certainly second that recommendation.  They are tough, easy to handle, and don't spill at all (unless you really mess up).  I have two different colors....one for 2-stroke pre-mix on a vintage MXer and the other for race gas on the thumpers.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy, I guess I'm just a wimp, blind and uncoordinated, cause I could never manhandle the 5-gallon jugs without spilling gasoline.  I now carry x-brand 2-gallon gas tanks.  Much easier to handle while looking at how full the tank of the bike is.  Besides if I have 3 of those I have a gallon more than you 5 gallon folks.  HA!! TAKE THAT!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ride a snowmobile hard enough to burn 10gal+ in a day... those little 2gal jugs won't cut it. :lol:

20gal of fuel goes months in the summer on the bike... in the winter 20gal makes it a week, maybe two. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, redhurricane said:

I have a handful of VP 5 gallon cans, over time the clear plastic fill tube will harden. Now I have moved on to these, and believe it or not they actually fill just as fast as the VP cans did with a quick shut off valve and added handles. 

Have a look at No Spill Jill in the video handling the jugs. 

http://www.nospill.com/

 

Puns, all the puns. 

What I have. I like it. Cheap enough at Tractor Supply. Not an endorsement, just cheapest price I've found. Pass on the puns, too easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blaster Bill said:

I love my VP can .  great flow control and no spills

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

Look weird, how do they work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blaster Bill said:

I love my VP can .  great flow control and no spills

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

Must be new, haven't seen this one. Looks worth looking at...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SnowMule said:

Ride a snowmobile hard enough to burn 10gal+ in a day... those little 2gal jugs won't cut it. :lol:

20gal of fuel goes months in the summer on the bike... in the winter 20gal makes it a week, maybe two. 

No snow machine, or watercraft, my FJ likes regular, my FZ has a little tank.... No use for a big jug. 2.5 works great for my dirt bikes and everything else. If I needmore, my toyhauler has a 30g tank and electric pump...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GasItandCrash said:

Howdy, I guess I'm just a wimp, blind and uncoordinated, cause I could never manhandle the 5-gallon jugs without spilling gasoline.  I now carry x-brand 2-gallon gas tanks.  Much easier to handle while looking at how full the tank of the bike is.  Besides if I have 3 of those I have a gallon more than you 5 gallon folks.  HA!! TAKE THAT!!

VP makes a 3 gal. jug, for the wimp, blind and uncoordinated. :applause:

 

vp_racing_3_gallon_jugs.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×