2002 Cr250 water pump seal

So I found my crank case oil to be full of coolant. I took the water pump apart and this is what I found. Would you guys recommend replacing the shaft? I’m planning on replacing the spacer and the oil seal. 

92EBD9C5-3D30-48CA-BBDD-CA30BAF6C318.jpeg

09502359-8BDE-47B4-B13D-FE6CA5C0F813.png

11 hours ago, Chris Bienusa said:

Get used to it replace the bushing and seal both. They wear quickly. Did it several times with my 01 CR.

I ordered the shaft too but I’m not sure if it’s necessary. I still have time to cancel as they are waiting on the main seal. 

Edited by Lewie21

• 2 weeks later...

i have a cr125 and want to change that seal. I can't get the plastic inpeller off. How do you get that off? I read you should just turn by hand but thats not working. Can i put a pliers on it? also to just change the seal I can do that with just the water pump cover off right???

The threads are reversed. It’s not very tight and with just a small tap mine came loose. I just took the seal out and it was seized in there pretty good. It would be possible to do with the cover on but it was easier to handle with it off IMO.

thats strange because the shop manual says unscrew by hand counter clock wise to that would be normal threaded. i will try turning it the other way. I just dont want to break it it's plastic. I should be able to pull the old seal out if its possible, i have a good seal remover