Poor posture 
Poor setup 
Wrong bike
Bad diet 
Inflammation
Poor gut health 
Riding above your skill level
List is endless.... 

What this guy said. Training will certainly help get your body used to the demands of riding. I understand you are likely very busy, but if you make your life revolve around training I promise it will make a difference. If you absolutely cannot get to the gym, 10 minutes a day of basic exercises like push ups, pull ups, air squats, lunges, and planks will help.

Also, a pre and post ride stretch will help with recovery, along with a foam roller if possible. A solid post-ride protein shake of whey protein isolate might help your muscles rebuild faster and feel better.

This is a very basic run-down but hopefully it helps.
  • Like 1

You just have to ride more.

There is no gyspy muscle magic to make your body not sore. Hours on the bike, that's what will get your body used to the beating and make it hurt less. 

• Like 3

Stretch before you ride.
Lift weights for upper body and leg strength, light with lots of reps.
Don't get drunk the night before you ride.
Strengthen your core.
Run or bike for cardio.
Stay hydrated.
Stay hydrated (hydrate well in the days before your ride and during) and all of the above.

Riding probably uses your muscle groups differently than most daily activities so until you've "educated" them feel the burn

I also love riding.

For the most part I don't get sore and this is for quite a few reasons.

1.  I am an amazing physical specimen with a body that is some 10-15 years younger than it actually is as most guys my age are massive plies of crap and could not ride a dirt bike if their lives depended on it. 

2.  My kids keep me riding slower and this is a good thing as it is less wear and tear on the body. 

3.  My kids have me doing so many things with them that they are like my personal trainers and because of them I'm thankful as they are keeping both my mind and body in superior shape. 

4.  My bike is just a sick machine and after almost 4,000 miles and 220 hours, I am one with the bike, each and every time we both ride together. 

4 hours ago, Truman Sparks said:

That's because Old Dudes Rule.

Ha! I did the math after I posted, and he's actually 20years older. I met him when I was 30, we rode together for almost 20years before he gave it up because of dizziness he was experiencing while riding in warm weather. Worked out for me, I bought his slightly used DRZ E, and still have it 10years later

23 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

Riding above your skill level

This is usually when I feel it. It happens when I go with a group of guys i know that are pretty much like semi pro and I try as hard as I can just to keep them in sight. I think the adrenaline rush has an effect when I ride with these guys bc most the time I'm screaming holy &%$#@! ahhhhhh yeezus that was close. I'm not going to die today. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Next day a little tired from the adrenaline dump and sore from using a lot of muscles I don't use everyday. Love it.🤘🤘🤘

• Like 1

I actually don't mind getting sore.  It makes me feel like I worked hard.

Doc

• Like 1

This is usually when I feel it. It happens when I go with a group of guys i know that are pretty much like semi pro and I try as hard as I can just to keep them in sight. I think the adrenaline rush has an effect when I ride with these guys bc most the time I'm screaming holy &%$#@! ahhhhhh yeezus that was close. I'm not going to die today. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Next day a little tired from the adrenaline dump and sore from using a lot of muscles I don't use everyday. Love it.
Trying to keep up with fast riders for short periods of time is instructive. Trying to keep up with fast riders all day is how you get rat&%$#@!ed.
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Doug. said:

You just have to ride more

Yes the more you ride the better you will feel. I'll be 62 next month and this year is my 50th anniversary in the dirt. I recently went on a trip and I rode 5 days straight. I would have kept going if we didn't have to come home. The key took me 35 to 40 years of riding to learn is to relax. I used to get arm pump now I can ride all day and never get it. Going to slow is also exhausting. Let the bike do its work - they are amazing. I do use a bicycle on non riding days to keep my legs in shape.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2019 at 2:52 PM, Ball cheese said:

Man I really do love riding, but man the next day I feel like complete shiza,sore, my body aches, and I feel tired? WTF ???

Some good tips here-

Diet and exercise are important, but proper riding technique is at the top of the list IMO.

I'm very physically fit, I do a lot of riding/racing on road bikes and xc MTB's. However, I credit most of my speed and endurance on the dirtbike, just to my smooth riding style. I really stepped it up once I started riding observed trials.

If I'm 90ish% of my "maximum" pace on the dirtbike, I don't really feel like I'm physically working hard. Only to run my "race" speed, do I feel that fitness is a big factor. I could trail ride at about the same speed and effort back when I was 20lbs heavier and heavily drinking. 

• Like 1

im 45 have a fairly active lifestyle and am about 50 or 60 pounds overweight but I don't get to sore after riding except for the beginning of the season.  I think you need to breathe and relax, sit when you can and stand when you have to. don't death grip the handlebars. try not to drink to much the night before because you'll cramp up. drink a lot of water helps too. the thing that beats you up the most is sitting over rough terrain like rocks and roots. 

• Like 1