SingletrackSamurai

Xtrainer or 300rr or Race Edition for Big Guy - Help me decide

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, SingletrackSamurai said:

The CC fork would be the deciding factor in the RR vs RE debate for me.

What do y’all think about a 19 RR demo with 12 hours on it, with barkbusters, upgraded skid plate, pipe guard, respring front and rear, and a full 6 month warranty for low 7000s? I think they want to unload it and get a 2020 demo.

How about the Edgcombe W/6mo @ 8k? :devil:

The demo is Beta's bike with some refurb from being a demo. Why no 1yr?

Edited by Beta300recat
  • Like 1

Get the 2020, 👍 I have never been displeased I bought the newest bike😀

• Like 2

How about the Edgcombe W/6mo @ 8k? :devil:
The demo is Beta's bike with some refurb from being a demo. Why no 1yr?

As I understand it this demo is owned by the dealer. They have multiple demos some are older/not for sale, but I think the owner wants a 2020 so he’s selling this one. The Steve Holcombe is on consignment and the owner of it won’t take less than $9500. If I was going to do that I probably would get a new RE.

If they will throw in what I want I think I may go for the demo. The payment on it is exactly where I was hoping to be. If they won’t throw in what I want, it’ll be a tougher decision but I’ll probably go with a 19 RR or maybe RE, if I can get them to trim the price a little more. Also, I may ask for the year warranty...

A year warranty you can only get 6 months on a new Beta. Keep in mind Beta is just about the only dirt bike manufacturer that even gives a warranty 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

I have the xtrainer and the rr race edition. Only been on the rr a couple of times, and they are different beasts. The throttle ninja got ne several times on the rr. Feels like it has a fast throttle on it. I prefer technical riding. Found i was better as technical rider on the X, but faster on the easier stuff on the rr.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2019 at 1:35 AM, shrubitup said:

I’m a open chamber fork fan. Between those deals, I’d go new RR. 

I am a closed chamber fan but between those deals, me also I would go new RR 😁😁

edit: just read more... For 1k less, I would go for the used RR and some cc inserts (ds, KYB, wp.. Not ohlins

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 2

rr also seems to stay cool. Even in technical, with no fan on 100 degree day.

• Helpful 1

I am a closed chamber fan but between those deals, me also I would go new RR
edit: just read more... For 1k less, I would go for the used RR and some cc inserts (ds, KYB, wp.. Not ohlins

Why not ohlins?

Well, I waited too long and the sold the demo, the Holcombe, and the 2019s sold out. Was going to wait on a 2020, but got smoking deal on a KTM. Would have held out but couldn’t pass up the deal I found. Maybe next year I’ll grab a Beta when they are dealing again.

1 hour ago, SingletrackSamurai said:

Well, I waited too long and the sold the demo, the Holcombe, and the 2019s sold out. Was going to wait on a 2020, but got smoking deal on a KTM. Would have held out but couldn’t pass up the deal I found. Maybe next year I’ll grab a Beta when they are dealing again.

Too bad should not have waited  

1 hour ago, SingletrackSamurai said:

Saw your other thread. 6500 is a good buy on your ktm. I’d of bought it too if I were in the market for something that low hour. 

Saw your other thread. 6500 is a good buy on your ktm. I’d of bought it too if I were in the market for something that low hour. 

Yea the bike is basically brand new. Price was too good a deal to pass up.
  • Like 1