ISO second hand Yoshimura RS2 or MRD exhaust for DRZ 400

Hi guys, I’m new to TT and currently searching for a second-hand exhaust system for my DRZ-400S. I’m on a tight budget so buying new isn’t an option for me at the moment. With that being said, this horrid looking OEM exhaust has got to go!

If there is anyone here wanting to sell their system, I’d be interested.

Thanks in advance! 

E7CA35E2-1249-4639-84F9-00D96821814E.jpeg

Thanks for the welcome ctrials! At this point I’ve spent almost every spare dime I have just getting this thing running lol. Sat in a barn since 04’ and was left to me after my old man passed away. Looking online, I’m seeing prices ranging from $300 to >$1000. That dang near brings a tear to my eye. I was hoping to keep it under $200 dollars, the exhaust can show wear as long as it’s mechanically sound. 

2 minutes ago, ctrials said:

Welcome aboard!  Unfortunately, tight budgets don't buy used RS2's or MRD's.  Honest question, what is your budget? 

2 hours ago, William1 said:

I suggest placing a WTB ad in the TT classifieds. Adding a string to your profile signature that shows in any and all of your posts. Contact MRD if he can help. But do not ask for them in the open forum.

Hi William, what do you mean by WTB? Apologies, I’m new to this forum. 

11 hours ago, bumtarder said:

You'll need to save a little longer for a really good used system like those.You might find a FMF,White Bros ,Power Core etc. for that.

I will keep looking around, if you had to get one of those you listed above which would it be? 

Just finished the front end with salvage RM250 USD forks! So stoked. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, C. LAWRENCE said:

Hi William, what do you mean by WTB? Apologies, I’m new to this forum. 

BTW (by the way) 😉 Welcome to TT

WTB means 'Want To Buy'

You may find 'helpful hints' for all of TT HERE:https://thumpertalk.com/forums/forum/319-site-usage-functions/

You'll be a regular in the groove in no time! There are a lot of great guys in this section.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beta300recat said:

I don't think that the stock FMF slip on will fit the powerbomb header. 

I only come up with 2 FMF Mufflers for the drz400, the powercore, and the Q4... and the head pipe being offered separately....

Dont know for fact, as I went with a different direction

9 hours ago, Chasespeed said:

I only come up with 2 FMF Mufflers for the drz400, the powercore, and the Q4... and the head pipe being offered separately....

Dont know for fact, as I went with a different direction

The FMF slip-ons for the DRZ400S/SM work with the FMF and stock header. When using it with the stock header there is a reducer sleeve that adapts it to the smaller diameter pipe. If you have the FMF header, the midpipe slips right on without the reducer sleeve.

Edited by Gosling 1
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

The FMF slip-ons for the DRZ400S/SM work with the FMF and stock header. When using it with the stock header there is a reducer sleeve that adapts it to the smaller diameter pipe. If you have the FMF header, the midpipe slips right on without the reducer sleeve.
That is what I came up with in my earlier research, and why I posted it as an option for the OP...
Thanks for confirming.

To ensure a clear understanding to any that might not 'get it', there is to be no buying, selling offering or similar in the open forums., Send a PM. Create a classified. Modify your 'signature' to offer or request. Please do not force a moderator to sendyou a warning like this:

Just a heads-up that we've moved your "For Sale" post from the discussion forums to the Classifieds. Why?

ThumperTalk is a great way to sell bikes, parts, gear & apparel, but we do ask that you post these types of ads in the Classifieds section. Posting to the discussion forums has some downsides that include:

If you want to update your ad, you have a limited window for edits that will have likely expired.

When sold, you have no way to delete your ad.

If your ad has keywords that someone is searching, it can appear in search results long after you've sold the stuff. This mucks-up forum search results.

In contrast, the classified system allows unlimited editing,  ads can be deleted when sold, and ad data is stored in its own database not shared with the forum search.

Lastly, please do not make a post that you have something listed in the Classifieds, but you may reference the ad in your profile signature.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck with selling, trading, or buying!

All the best,

The ThumperTalk Moderating Team

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, William1 said:

BTW (by the way) 😉 Welcome to TT

WTB means 'Want To Buy'

You may find 'helpful hints' for all of TT HERE:https://thumpertalk.com/forums/forum/319-site-usage-functions/

You'll be a regular in the groove in no time! There are a lot of great guys in this section.

Just refinished the OEM header and Silencer to get me by while I save.

Pretty satisfied!

42B9322D-5056-417E-9EBF-B794E564E7DB.jpeg