DR350 for short rider

Guys. 

My fiancee is dualsporting her DR650SE hard...but she is short (5.2" / 158cm) and bushpig is heavy. We manage to lower it for her so light offroading is possible and in most cases - fun. But she wants more and bushpig is just too heavy for her. 

As she is a DR fan-girl, I think of doing her a surprise and buy a DR350 - but will I be able to lower it for her? Does anyone did it with good results? How much it can be lowered?

My 350 is not exactly mine, bought it for my girlfriend for her 57th birthday!

she rode in her teens and twenties a vespa all over mountains and from italy to greece, so i knew she'd be fine coming back to it, she picked up riding it in no time. she still owns that 76' vespa BTW..

At 168cm she is a bit taller than your GF but it still needed serious lowering for her

what i did was:

DIY lowering suspenison links,  170mm between hole centers

bought a spare seat and carved the foam, wanted to keep the stock one as well for my rides 🙂

lower the crowns on the forks tubes some 25 mm

She couldnt be happier!

and i can always bring back the bike to stock height in 30 mins

between suspension and seat i think i got around -60mm at the seat's lowest point

but this was just enough for her 168cm... i you might want to consider a DR250 for her height...

IMG_20190704_221819.jpg

IMG_20190704_221923.jpg

16 hours ago, turboguzzi said:

My 350 is not exactly mine, bought it for my girlfriend for her 57th birthday!

she rode in her teens and twenties a vespa all over mountains and from italy to greece, so i knew she'd be fine coming back to it, she picked up riding it in no time. she still owns that 76' vespa BTW..

At 168cm she is a bit taller than your GF but it still needed serious lowering for her

what i did was:

DIY lowering suspenison links,  170mm between hole centers

bought a spare seat and carved the foam, wanted to keep the stock one as well for my rides :)

lower the crowns on the forks tubes some 25 mm

She couldnt be happier!

and i can always bring back the bike to stock height in 30 mins

between suspension and seat i think i got around -60mm at the seat's lowest point

but this was just enough for her 168cm... i you might want to consider a DR250 for her height...

IMG_20190704_221819.jpg

IMG_20190704_221923.jpg

agree with this. might need a shorter kickstand.

btw, dr250 is the same height as a dr350

indeed, I shortened the kickstand too.

Welded at the end a plate with a hole so when it's in "high mode" i can bolt on a spacer...

Unrelated, but now that im working on the motor i use this solution so i can keep the bike level with a sport bike race stand

IMG_20190705_185758.jpg

IMG_20190705_185836.jpg