Fast Freddy Goes 6D Helmets citing wife & daughter

Check it out. JGR's Fast Freddy goes to 6D citing their technology & wanting to be safe and around for his wife & kids etc. Which got me thinking... 

Do you think riders are/will start choosing their helmet as a safety decision instead of a business decision? Seem to see a lot of 6D's on privateers making their own gear decisions...

1835797199_ScreenShot2019-07-08at12_45_04PM.png.b2e9429e54c24f17800e89fb12371e6f.pngNoren_2.jpg.e24bb07478cf3bf2611466b825bae7fa.jpg
Frederick Noren

• Like 2

Travis Pastrana or James Stewart endorsing a helmet would be a big endorsement deal.  I'm not just a paid spokesman, I'm a frequent impact tester.

There was a story about Brad Lackey showing up to a FIM tech inspection. The logo on the helmet wasn't the actual brand. 

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

Hepler did

He switched when he was still under contract

Brocs like 40 bro. But hed still spank Webbs ass in MX.

1 minute ago, Kev_XR said:

Travis Pastrana or James Stewart endorsing a helmet be a big endorsement.  I'm not just a paid spokesman, I'm a frequent impact tester.

There was a story about Brad Lackey showing up to a FIM tech inspection. The logo on the helmet wasn't the actual brand. 

Did brad show up with a chick and acted all travolta🤣

I cant help but think Freddie's comments reflect what 6D paid for.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Due to his other sponsors, I'm sure he's limited as to which brands he can endorse.  I hear 6D makes great helmets but there's a lot of other great helmets out there as well.   

11 hours ago, M1Garand said:

I cant help but think Freddie's comments reflect what 6D paid for.

I thought about that too but doesn't stink of talking points like a lot of them. 

3 hours ago, Z O SICK said:

Due to his other sponsors, I'm sure he's limited as to which brands he can endorse.  I hear 6D makes great helmets but there's a lot of other great helmets out there as well.   

sure would like to be a fly on the wall for some of the deals out there. you know there's some crazy structures and requirements out there.

1 hour ago, Freemotion said:

I thought about that too but doesn't stink of talking points like a lot of them. 

sure would like to be a fly on the wall for some of the deals out there. you know there's some crazy structures and requirements out there.

I bet.  I can't imagine what some of those talks are like.  I think those guys are so restricted.  Kinda sucks.  When I watch MXGP/AMA racing, some of those guys have mismatched gear ect.  Then when a ride gets "picked" they have to change some of their sponsors.      

There are far fewer helmet manufacturers than brands. Many are just different logos. Like Chevy, Pontiac,  Buick,... Some are different designs.

Some riders get attached to boots and helmets, which can be an issue for "one stop shopping brands" like Fox.

• Helpful 1

6D helmets are second to none when it comes to R&D making it to manufacture.  Heard a couple weeks back the owner of 6D has been in talks with the NFL too.

• Like 1