FERRANDIS SAYS NO MXON

13 hours ago, KableXL said:

Ha you edited your sentence,,, so smart.

Here is Ferrandis letting some scrubs know that he appreciates them.

that's a great photo, classic really.

5 hours ago, redrider144 said:

I don't get to vote other than to blow off following these guys from January through May.  

If I had my way, SX wouldn't exist, we'd have MX all year just like MXGP with 2 week breaks in between.

If anything I would rather it be one series with mix of indoor and outdoor. With so many of the sx tracks being in outdoor stadiums that become mudfests anyway 

19 hours ago, 777654321 said:

He told people after winning redbud hes not doing MXON. He said the track is nothing like a regular track and it's just a waste of his time. 

typical mxon track, euro's are use to tracks like that..

Millville MN Spring creek 

Is how all outdoor tracks should be!

• Like 3

Parking lot tracks are lame, no elevation changes.  SX tracks are lame too for different reasons, partly due to being holeshot-cross.  

Holeshot-cross?? As in if a rider gets the hole shot they automatically win? Tell that to Mike Alessi ?

SX tracks have become stupid goat tracks. Minneapolis was a single file race. MX is a breath of fresh air. With no one else on the track, current SX tracks are the equivalent of a Disney fantasy sx experience for beginners

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DEMI said:

that's a great photo, classic really.

Not only photo but the response as well :smirk:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AxlBundy said:

SX tracks have become stupid goat tracks. Minneapolis was a single file race. MX is a breath of fresh air. With no one else on the track, current SX tracks are the equivalent of a Disney fantasy sx experience for beginners

The promotors have decided that they like to see bikes in the air 51% of the time rather than good racing with multiple lines.  Anyone that got to see tracks in the 80's got to watch a lot better racing than what we have today.  They could still do it, but apparently the fans want to see huge jumps and flame throwing cannons now.

Edited by OUTERLIMITS
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

The promotors have decided that like like to see bikes in the air 51% of the time rather than good racing with multiple lines.  Anyone that got to see tracks in the 80's got to watch a lot better racing than what we have today.  They could still do it, but apparently the fans want to see huge jumps and flame throwing cannons now.

250cc max. Wrung what ya brung?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

250cc max. Wrung what ya brung?

Agree, the racing would probably be better without the 450's.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, onealmxwilson said:

Holeshot-cross?? As in if a rider gets the hole shot they automatically win? Tell that to Mike Alessi emoji23.png?

I wouldn't think that I would have to condition every comment about SX being StartOCross with "unless your name is Mike Alessi."  It's telling that you can't come up with any other example.

Go watch A1 from 1986 and tell me the last time we saw battles like that in SX in the past 10 years.  The SX tracks now are a joke, the riders spent half of their time in the air.  It's turned into Feld StartOJumpOCross Jamboree.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

I don't get to vote other than to blow off following these guys from January through May.  
If I had my way, SX wouldn't exist, we'd have MX all year just like MXGP with 2 week breaks in between.

Much more interesting as the demand on the riders makes it much more impressive. To race for :30 + whatever and then to do it again an hour later....

5 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Supercross only exists because of Winter. Your spectator turnout lessens considerably as the weather improves via Springtime.

Agreed.

But more than that, SX is typically a way better experience for the casual fan. The viewing is usually way better, the accommodations/facilities are generally way better, and the family friendly atmosphere is better as well.

Last time I was at Gillette the guy next to me had a very young child and a toddler (I have brought my kid and very casual and even non-fans to Gillette myself as you know) no way that would be easily doable at Southwick.

The 1970s & 1980s are long gone there is lots of competition for the extreme sport dollar now, it has got to be a good experience. Manufacturers, sponsors, and business folk want big numbers and happy fans buying lots of stuff.

Most of the MX tracks are best left to diehard sport aficionados. For most other fans SX is the best way for them to get a live experience of dirtbike racing and the numbers seem to back that up.   :ride:

• Helpful 1

I wouldn't think that I would have to condition every comment about SX being StartOCross with "unless your name is Mike Alessi."  It's telling that you can't come up with any other example.
Go watch A1 from 1986 and tell me the last time we saw battles like that in SX in the past 10 years.  The SX tracks now are a joke, the riders spent half of their time in the air.  It's turned into Feld StartOJumpOCross Jamboree.

Geez is anyone allowed to make a joke without you getting your pants in a wad? It’s not that serious.
  • Like 1

Do they purposely make supercross tracks hard to pass on to give the slower guys a chance and make it harder for the quicker guys to get around then and check out 

7 minutes ago, mick34 said:

Do they purposely make supercross tracks hard to pass on to give the slower guys a chance and make it harder for the quicker guys to get around then and check out 

I think they put zero effort into making them passable, and focus on keeping the riders in the air for half of the time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I think they put zero effort into making them passable, and focus on keeping the riders in the air for half of the time.

These tracks are designed on computers. Not much separation from practice tracks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, onealmxwilson said:

Geez is anyone allowed to make a joke without you getting your pants in a wad? It’s not that serious.

@redrider144 has a plug up his ass. He bet against all odds on JS7 a few years back and his shit had been compacted ever since --we told him not to but his head is like a block of brick and he did it anyway...

I think @BBA capped his sphincter with an old Zuke piston that was laying around the trailer park..or maybe it was the family poodle I can't remember.:lol:

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

I think @BBA capped his sphincter with an old Zuke piston that was laying around the trailer park..or maybe it was the family poodle I can't remember.:lol:

Maico 780 slug.

Edited by MANIAC998
  • Like 1