motocross Dylan Ferrandis Sweeps RedBud MX With Rekluse RadiusCX Auto Clutch

Official press release from Rekluse

BOISE, Idaho – July 10, 2019 – Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star Racing Yamaha’s Dylan Ferrandis went 1-1 at Red Bud, securing his first overall win of the season. This win is also the first time an auto clutch has been on the top step of a Lucas Oil Pro Motocross podium. Ferrandis and his teammates Colt Nichols, Mitchell Oldenburg, and Ty Masterpool all run Rekluse’s flagship auto clutch, RadiusCX. The fifth member of the team, Justin Cooper, runs Rekluse’s premier manual clutch, Core Manual TorqDrive.

Star Racing Team Manager Wil Hahn said “[When I was testing RadiusCX], I honestly was blown away. The biggest thing that I couldn’t get over was no matter how hard I tried to stall it, I couldn’t. … I could just leave my hand off the clutch. I think the fact of how much of a difference a good clutch can make to your bike is very overlooked. What I realized from working with [Rekluse] is how much of a difference a good clutch system can make. At this level, all bikes are good, so every little thing helps. [Running Rekluse technology] is a pretty big deal to us.”

Star Racing’s Engine Builder, Jeremy Coker, said “On the technical side of things, the durability on these clutch systems is unbelievable. … Dylan went 1-1 at Red Bud and we didn’t have to change a clutch pack all day long. Auto clutch advantages are [reduced] clutch wear and not stalling all while acting just like a manual clutch. You have those two major advantages without losing anything.”

Rekluse Product Manager Austin Paden said “Congratulations to Dylan and the team for a great race and a great season thus far. The team using the full arsenal of Rekluse products, both auto and manual clutch technology, is the culmination of a longstanding partnership. The Rekluse team has always been fully committed to engineering and manufacturing the best technology for our partners. Getting our first Pro Motocross overall win with RadiusCX is a milestone achievement for us. We are proud to support Star Racing and look forward to many more wins together.”

To learn more about RadiusCX, visit https://rekluse.com/product/radiuscx-clutch/

1690100260_DylanFerrandisRadiusCX.jpg.36c2e730f955c860815703e6afd55077.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, Spider Tech said:

This win is also the first time an auto clutch has been on the top step of a Lucas Oil Pro Motocross podium.

That we know of :devil:

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spider Tech said:

Ferrandis and his teammates Colt Nichols, Mitchell Oldenburg, and Ty Masterpool all run Rekluse’s flagship auto clutch, RadiusCX.

Interesting.  I've been wondering for some time how many guys run auto clutches.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

That we know of :devil:

This is how he jumped the leap. That clutch has an energy retention system that can give you an extra 4 to 5hp for a brief moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

Dylan has always been good at frying clutches. Maybe this will solve some of that for him.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

Pretty interesting that this is used on a 250.  I would think it might be more beneficial on a 450.  

• Like 1

I'm surprised more top riders are not using them.  Especially when I see a rider stall his bike. 

16 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

I'm surprised more top riders are not using them.  Especially when I see a rider stall his bike. 

Everyone on a Suzuki and currently a KX250 should have them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Everyone on a Suzuki and currently a KX250 should have them.

Right... Those non estart having wanksters

• Like 1

The CX is a badass clutch. Without a doubt, it has better clamping force than a stock clutch and even a Hinson. I have bikes with all three and the CX definitely puts more power to the ground. Main reason being it has extra clutch plates.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, indy rider said:

The CX is a badass clutch. Without a doubt, it has better clamping force than a stock clutch and even a Hinson. I have bikes with all three and the CX definitely puts more power to the ground. Main reason being it has extra clutch plates.

all three.. I am jealous.  I checked my bike is to old.  I just have to settle for my honda fibers in my ktm.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, indy rider said:

Are you certain that the centrifugal force of the EXP disk isn't the reason for putting more power to the ground?

The key to smooth and consistent acceleration is clutch modulation. I know my auto clutch feeds the power in better than my left hand does. Excellent improvement when negotiating ugly single track. Stopped on an ugly loose uphill?... give it just enough throttle to go but not dig a hole. Big log crossing?... bike will not stall when rear wheel hits log. It's magic.

In the woods, we are always searching out the ugly stuff, almost all my riding buds run autos now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

Are you certain that the centrifugal force of the EXP disk isn't the reason for putting more power to the ground?

Yes I'm sure. Same extra disc tech as in the Torque Drive manual clutch combined with the Core EXP ring. I have the Core EXP 3.0 for my FX but took it out. Nowhere near the same clamping force as the CX. The Torque Drive setup is badass. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I have the Core EXP 3.0 for my FX but took it out. Nowhere near the same clamping force as the CX.

How can we believe you?  Need dyno evidence!  :smirk: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

:excuseme: That auto did just win a national and was pulling factory bikes. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Theres a topic about clamping force but this is a pg13 forum so I cant say the source. Lotta hot topics in there 😄

Edited by 777654321
  • Haha 2

I refuse to run one as I like to ride my bikes like they are supposed to be ridden.  I have ridden many recluse bikes and it is a nice feature especially on hard enduro type terrain.  I am not in competition so I don't care.  It would be nice on the YZ250X though to not always have to kick it when I stall, but that keeps me sharp to try and not stall it.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BAHA said:

If that gets him a faster lap then so be it but half the fun of a 2t is the clutch modulation.  

You can still modulate the clutch all you want with the rekluse, it just won't stall.

• Like 4