Nite rider

Fe 501 build not done yet $26,000

Don’t have a wife so to complain that you play with.that thing more than me. Ha ha lol I’m working on a Nite Rider song Just need to post it “ the old ghost rider in the night”

An old moto Rider went out riding one dark, cold windy day upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way, when all at once a bunch of riders came upon him riding hard “yippie-I-ay” he put his smoke out and set out to ride with them as he caught them he could hear there thundering rides ,IMG_0358.JPGtheir brands were many.as I went past them I could hear their mournful cry, their faces gaunt their eyes blurred their jerseys soaked with sweat and heard them say “yippee-I-ay. Yippie-I-ohh” it’s the old nite Rider as the fire breathing fe 501, snorting,growling,fire shooting out the exhaust all they could do is choke on his rooster tail leaving them stunned and lost sucking on his dust. “Varroom varroom as he rode up a cloudy draw their jaws dropped as they called out his name “Nite Rider” they ain’t caught him yet as the howling husky growels at these dogs sucking up his dust. “Varroom Varroom “ they can’t take the pace and ride on the edge they will never know who that old Moto Rider is. “Yippie-I-ay. Yippie-I-ohh Varroom Varroom

Posted (edited)

high compression piston in it?  I wold love to see a video so we can see how it sounds!

What kind of ECU did they use?

Edited by broke311

I am having to go to Northern California for about a month ,came up suddenly and the bike will rest sleep for now but I continue to do research with the exception of the of the euro map or Vortex ,the 2017 fe 501 is equipped with a 42 mm fuel injection system the fc 450 is equipped with a 44 mm system which would probably be necessary with a cam and hi compression piston Chad Reed s bike fc 450had that combination and was in the 70 horse power range with the Vortex one can adjust the amounts of fuel in the low. Mid. And high range another important note the cam is only available from works performance factory racing and only KTM’s factory’s cam grinding machine. Has the ability to grind the cam unless you’re Roger De fosters grand son good luck with getting one

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Nite rider said:

I am having to go to Northern California for about a month ,came up suddenly and the bike will rest sleep emoji42.png for now but I continue to do research with the exception of the of the euro map or Vortex ,the 2017 fe 501 is equipped with a 42 mm fuel injection system the fc 450 is equipped with a 44 mm system which would probably be necessary with a cam and hi compression piston Chad Reed s bike fc 450had that combination and was in the 70 horse power range with the Vortex one can adjust the amounts of fuel in the low. Mid. And high range another important note the cam is only available from works performance factory racing and only KTM’s factory’s cam grinding machine. Has the ability to grind the cam unless you’re Roger De fosters grand son good luck with getting one

I’m running the bigger throttle body and vortex as well. I’m the only one I know doing it personally.  I’m debating the high compression rebuild only after one short season.  To be honest, I’m not sure I even need it. I know I don’t need it. I already spin the track on a snowbike to feel the same as a slightly lower powered snowbike. Sometimes you don’t want it to spin so much! Either way, I’m going to get a wideband on it this year......

i dont think you would actually need the cam. I mean, how much power do you really need? I agree, it wound be a beast, however I’d rather have practicality and realistic power. Not a crazy race bike...

Edited by broke311

Has anyone heard of sun corked 501 drag race with a hondA cr 500?

There’s a video of a cr 500 and fe 501 drag race and the cr won I believe you can find it on you tube

On 7/11/2019 at 2:56 PM, Hans Schmid said:

I can answer the "why" part... Same reason guys lift 1-ton pickups and never go offroad... 

I thought the same thing.