Shelton Dirt riders 7-12

16 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I can show you around anytime Monday through Thursday. Unfortunately I'm working a Friday through Sunday shift.

I just put in 2.5 miles of new trail that needs to get burned in. I need more guys riding it.

Just had an appointment of mine cancel for tomorrow so short notice I get to ride. I’ve only been on the tour with Jon so far and need to get some trail time out there. New trail sounds fun too. Might be able to do Tuesday afternoon of next week

I am around most weekends and can get out for a late afternoon ride on Fridays. Thought about riding the Tahuya poker run this sunday, but i might just go to SDR instead. The awesome thing about SDR is there are not many users and in my opinion the single track is just as good if not better. Okay i might be bias cause of the amount of work i have done out there. Sue me for enjoying the fruits of labor our members have put in the last couple years. Anyway i know the area pretty good, but i am just not a fast rider. Capable, just not fast.

PS Also post inquires on the member web site. There are members who do not watch thumpertalk. but do check our website frequently. That is a SDR tool that a few of us wish would get used more.

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

15 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

I am around most weekends and can get out for a late afternoon ride on Fridays. Thought about riding the Tahuya poker run this sunday, but i might just go to SDR instead. The awesome thing about SDR is there are not many users and in my opinion the single track is just as good if not better. Okay i might be bias cause of the amount of work i have done out there. Sue me for enjoying the fruits of labor our members have put in the last couple years. Anyway i know the area pretty good, but i am just not a fast rider. Capable, just not fast.

PS Also post inquires on the member web site. There are members who do not watch thumpertalk. but do check our website frequently. That is a SDR tool that a few of us wish would get used more.

Didn’t know there was a website 

23 minutes ago, richard7944 said:

Didn’t know there was a website 

Will PM you the link. Its for members only so the general public does not need to know what it is. John sometimes forgets to tell new members about the website. You will register and he will confirm it. Remember hes a busy guy and it takes him time to get to it. Could be a day or so before he confirms, so be patient.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all

New Shelton member (and new to getting back in to the dirt) rider here. Thought I'd check and see if anyone was going to be out that way on Thursday. I'm thinking of heading over and just putting some saddle time in out of Gate 1

Michael

Richard

What was the issue with Gate 1? More road than trails? Part of the reason I wanted to check it out is I've been told it would be a good area for my daughter to learn - around the staging area. (she's on a xr50 with the training wheels)

Michael

Gate 1 is the least developed area at SDR as it is a little remote from the rest of the riding areas. For your daughter that is as good of an option as any. The gravel pit at the staging area is big and is a good place for teaching. Gate 2  would be okay too, as it has easy access to the gas line. The gas line would be fine for your daughter. Gate 3 has access to the gas line, but a couple of hills that might be to much for her. Your better off using gate 1 or 2. 

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1