Jetster220

Finally a replacement for the Fox shock! The Racing Bros Fully adjustable shock.

https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/355_360_27_63/products_id/6977

I recently got this shock after riding a buddies CRF150F that has the Fox Shock on it before they quit making it. I did some research before purchasing this and after speaking with the actual importer of the shock they told me this is basically a exact copy of the Fox shock. When they realized Fox was going to stop making them, they found a Suspension company and sent them a Fox shock to reverse engineer. They did a damn good job, after riding it some this week, it feels just as good as the Fox shock on my buddies bike and the adjustability is fantastic. It's great to have a high quality shock option for these bikes again.

37.jpg

38.jpg

43.jpg

48.jpg

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2

https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/355_360_27_63/products_id/6977
I recently got this shock after riding a buddies CRF150F that has the Fox Shock on it before they quit making it. I did some research before purchasing this and after speaking with the actual importer of the shock they told me this is basically a exact copy of the Fox shock. When they realized Fox was going to stop making them, they found a Suspension company and sent them a Fox shock to reverse engineer. They did a damn good job, after riding it some this week, it feels just as good as the Fox shock on my buddies bike and the adjustability is fantastic. It's great to have a high quality shock option for these bikes again.
37.jpg.0fbb1601d18051e193d89fb08bd0dd9d.jpg
38.jpg.f8b8c3b1fa79de41de48aba261d104fc.jpg
43.jpg.161a4ac8e975bf7bca36eeaea8b1eafb.jpg
48.jpg.faf07a348ce8079a448f700a61b3d8b3.jpg
Wondering if has different spring rates and hi speed comp. Adjust

I’m wondering if it takes several days of riding to “break it in” and then it loosens up and performs better like I have heard about the Fox Shock?
  • Like 1

It does have hi speed compression adjustment. It didn't show different spring rates on the site, but a new spring is easily acquired, you can always just have a suspension tuner measure the spring and find one that is same dimensions but s different rate, or you could call Cannon Racecraft and they will custom make you a spring.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, adnohguy said:

I’m wondering if it takes several days of riding to “break it in” and then it loosens up and performs better like I have heard about the Fox Shock?

Every new moto I ever bought susp had to be broken in. Ahh but not the stock rear 230 shock it broke me in. The Fox shock on both of our bikes did take long time to get super plush. 3 of us just went on a loop ride 140 miles off road. Every type terrine you could think of the fox and xr400 forked 230s. Where just incredible longer swingarms also helped the great ride and handling. One big thing my tire gauge has been wrong I have been telling all of you we run 6psi. I decided to do a check on my tire gauge WRONG checked with 6 others I have been running 9 psi with gauge at 6psi. Of course over time Im sure it goes down to that. So now at true 6 psi in rear even down to true 4psi. Never less then 6 psi in front it has made the bike handle beyond my custom susp. 450. Pounding rocks sharp edge anything you could think of no flats total group. Most of the time not high speed as up down off camber left right turns every 10 foot. On flat out parts big time speed as we all run 15/45 gear thank you 6sp trans.

37.jpg.0fbb1601d18051e193d89fb08bd0dd9d.jpg
38.jpg.f8b8c3b1fa79de41de48aba261d104fc.jpg
43.jpg.161a4ac8e975bf7bca36eeaea8b1eafb.jpg
48.jpg.faf07a348ce8079a448f700a61b3d8b3.jpg

I have been looking for an 90’s rear xr250r shock for several months and have given up because all that had decent photos have shown to be pretty much junk.
Always wanted to try a fox but they are no longer available.

So I have recently decided to order a CRF’S Only Shock.

I will compare weight’s between the stocker and the other shocks I’m using to decide what bike it will be installed on and then test it out.
  • Like 2

IMG_1176.JPG.ad4f885e6e54cb31fa68cd8664eb74ec.JPG

Baja:

Since this shock is supposed to be a Fox clone....

Your advice would be much appreciated on initial settings for dampening during break in. (you once stated that the Fox shock(s)were stiff and took a long time to loosen up)

Thanks Baja

IMG_1176.JPG.ad4f885e6e54cb31fa68cd8664eb74ec.JPG

Baja:

Since this shock is supposed to be a Fox clone....

Your advice would be much appreciated on initial settings for dampening during break in. (you once stated that the Fox shock(s)were stiff and took a long time to loosen up)

Thanks Baja

Do you know spring rate? Set comp out full soft. Set rebound out full soft then in 4 to 6 clicks. Set hi speed comp out full soft then in 1/4 turn. If you notice bottom out before break in 1 to 2 click in comp back end jumps up 2 bumps in a row in on rebound ,1 to 2 clicks. Shock before break in sluggish. It will get better every time you ride it. Then when shock lose then set for good. Be nice to know your weight where you ride. Fast slow or only care plush. Again spring rate?

Mine is so plush yet is able to make the 230 . Go way faster then it should our spring rate for both 230s 550 pound spring. Both riders at only 165 pounds . Bikes are super heavy tho . As loaded heavy full time. Also amazing riding with lady on back shock still work very good

• Like 1

They only offer one spring that I’m aware of ?

The spring on my Hagen and my Works shock was perfect so I’m hoping for the best.

Hopefully more information will be included in the shipment packaging?

Super High Strength JIS G3560 Cr-Si steel spring

6061-T6 Cold Forged Damper Body

36mm 7075-T6 Full CNC Piston

14mm Super-Chrome Shaft

ROD END AND SPHERICAL BEARINGS

Spring Preload

Wide-range Low-Speed Rebound adjustment (24 clicks)

Co-Axial Hi/Lo Speed Compression Damping Adjustment (HLR)

HSC (High-Speed Compression): 24 clicks

LSC (Low-Speed Compression): 24 clicks

I found this information on the RacingBros.com web site for there 230f rear shock.

Super High Strength JIS G3560 Cr-Si steel spring

6061-T6 Cold Forged Damper Body

36mm 7075-T6 Full CNC Piston

14mm Super-Chrome Shaft

ROD END AND SPHERICAL BEARINGS

Spring Preload

Wide-range Low-Speed Rebound adjustment (24 clicks)

Co-Axial Hi/Lo Speed Compression Damping Adjustment (HLR)
HSC (High-Speed Compression): 24 clicks
LSC (Low-Speed Compression): 24 clicks

I found this information on the RacingBros.com web site for there 230f rear shock.

All good where is spring rate info ? Or do they think one size fits all
  • Like 1

All good where is spring rate info ? Or do they think one size fits all

I searched and searched a lot last night, no mention at all that I could find?

I’m supposed to get the shock today, hopefully there is documents included that will explain all?

Of course I will post my findings sir.
  • Like 1

I searched and searched a lot last night, no mention at all that I could find?

I’m supposed to get the shock today, hopefully there is documents included that will explain all?

Of course I will post my findings sir.
Even that this is a fox copy shock. If even close to the fox I have. You should see a big improvement over . The shocks you have.
  • Like 1

Even that this is a fox copy shock. If even close to the fox I have. You should see a big improvement over . The shocks you have.

Just went round and round with Fed X, they wont leave the package with out a signature. (I’m at work) so I have to go to Fed X tomorrow to pick it up.

This shock is listed on CRFs ONly as well as is crank balancing.

Western Power Sports sells these shocks also... I ordered it from CRF’S only in Ontario CA.but it was shipped by Western Power Sports out of Fresno CA.

• Like 1

ADN once you get as old as me. You will feel the diff with this shock your body too. Less pain more fun

Shock is here: 1.8 lbs lighter than stock.

Externally:

All Aluminum except the shaft, the pressure hose and hose bolts.

No mention of spring rate anywhere that I could find?

BUT:

A Hagen shock is is only 2 Oz lighter than stock.

So that = Racing Brothers Shock (Fox Clone) is 1.25 lbs lighter than a Hagen rear shock.

• Like 2

Shock is here: 1.8 lbs lighter than stock.

Externally:
All Aluminum except the shaft, the pressure hose and hose bolts.

No mention of spring rate anywhere that I could find?

I need check if real Fox is Steele or Al body