Finally got it....

It's here!   :banana:

Need to put on some accessories.  Still waiting on a few things to arrive.    Pretty sure I have everything, except a heat shield for the exhaust pipe.    It seems safely tucked away though so I may not be burning all my pants when riding.

She's a beauty!

image.png.7c2bbcf6e841164a3b97c85bd0422d8b.png

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

It's here!   :banana:

Need to put on some accessories.  Still waiting on a few things to arrive.    Pretty sure I have everything, except a heat shield for the exhaust pipe.    It seems safely tucked away though so I may not be burning all my pants when riding.

She's a beauty!

image.png.7c2bbcf6e841164a3b97c85bd0422d8b.png

Man take that bike off the truck and ride it home. It is a dual sport. Sweet ride, but ride it. Trust me. Beta bikes love to be ridden. 

34 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Man take that bike off the truck and ride it home. It is a dual sport. Sweet ride, but ride it. Trust me. Beta bikes love to be ridden. 

Ha!   

I'm for the dirt.   The street, not so much anymore.     

Still need to put my accessories on.   Dealer offered to help, but I want to do it myself.    I need to get my hands on it so that I can understand what the beta is all about.

Pretty sure I ordered just about everything... except for the exhaust guard

Stock footpegs look really skinny.   I may need to do something about that.    Gonna put my wallet away until I get some actual seat time.    I need to try the suspension and see if I can live with it.  

22 minutes ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

Ha!   

Still need to put my accessories on.   Dealer offered to help, but I want to do it myself.    I need to get my hands on it so that I can understand what the beta is all about.

Stock footpegs look really skinny.   I may need to do something about that.    Gonna put my wallet away until I get some actual seat time.    I need to try the suspension and see if I can live with it.  

If your not riding street. Why the ds?

31 minutes ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

Ha!   

Give the stock pegs a chance, I like them just fine... size 13 boots...   I've never felt a need for an exhaust guard/heat shield... 

The 390 is supposed to be the sweetheart of the 4t’s !!! 

Congratulations!!! 

53 minutes ago, braindead0 said:

Give the stock pegs a chance, I like them just fine... size 13 boots...   I've never felt a need for an exhaust guard/heat shield... 

I also like the stock pegs size 9.5 boots here. 

My bike has gone down enough that I had dented my pipe at least 2-3 times.  The carbon fiber shield for the headpipe has saved at least 2 good dings the past couple of summers. 

1 hour ago, Edgecombe said:

Probably because he lives in CA and you almost need a plate to ride here now.  That's why I got the 500 RR-S.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I also like the stock pegs size 9.5 boots here. 

My bike has gone down enough that I had dented my pipe at least 2-3 times.  The carbon fiber shield for the headpipe has saved at least 2 good dings the past couple of summers. 

Dents build  character in your bike.😁

Just now, 74barrio said:

Probably because he lives in CA and you almost need a plate to ride here now.  That's why I got the 500 RR-S.

That sucks. But , I was looking at the 500. Figured I wouldn't ride much road. So got the 300re instead. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Edgecombe said:

Because I live in California where the some of the best mountain trails require a plated bike.  Or, in some cases, there are dirt bike legal trails surrounded on both sides by street legal trails.    You need a plate to connect the trails.     

This is one of the tactics used to block us out of areas.    Thus the need for a plated bike.

So I don't really ride on the street, I'm just connecting trails.   On a 100 mile ride, I might use 10% asphault at most

• Like 5