Roberto_Suave

KTM 300 xc-w Oil Drain Bolt Copper Washer Size?

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Wondering if any of you know the size of copper washer that seals the oil drain bolt on a KTM 300 xc-w.

I've been to about 5 stores, and no one has them. I'm looking to purchase a bunch for me and some buddies for oil changes, but can't find just that one specifically for the 2 strokes that only need one when changing oil. 

I know BOLT sells a kit with eight M12 x 18mm, four M10- x 14mm and four M6 x 10mm copper seal washers, but don't know which one is the one I need.

Any help on sizing and where to purchase would be appreciated, thanks in advance! 

IMG_9350.thumb.PNG.c3de48fcd599d913aa5c62d58f203f18.PNG

Edited by Roberto_Suave

Just looked up the OEM schematic for a 18 300 xcw. should be the 12x18

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 8.25.53 PM.png

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Foul said:

Just looked up the OEM schematic for a 18 300 xcw. should be the 12x18

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 8.25.53 PM.png

Ended up finding this schematic as well, thanks so much for the help man, much appreciated! 

Edited by Roberto_Suave

Plain flat copper washer 12 x 18 x 1.5 mm. KTM are very expensive for this part, I buy them from ebay. Big bag for next to nothing. Bob

• Like 2

A specialty Nut and Bolt place might have them. We have a place called Tacoma Screw here in town they have pretty much anything you need fastener wise, metric or inch. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I reuse it 2-3 times by heating + quenching (works great) and then toss it. I buy replacements from McMaster.  Most KTM fiche are pretty awesome and list the size as part of the description for fasteners and such.

12 x 18 x 1.5mm 25pcs for $11.17, part number 97725A116 from McMaster.com.  Their shipping speed rivals Amazon prime (at least for me) – I get it next day if I order in the morning.

While you are at it, buy a few other seals you need so you can get the most for the few bucks of UPS shipping cost.

Edited by mbrick
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Check with local auto parts store .  Different sizes , plastic , aluminum , copper  Teflon .    Check the   HELP . section  ...    hardware or plumbing store  .....

Edited by bweighmaster
  • Like 1

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/bolt-ktm-copper-drain-plug-washer-kit-p

You get 8 of the size you need for $5. Even if you throw the rest away that's a pretty good deal. Especially if you shop there already.

EDIT: 20 for $3.49 straight from China!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Various-Sizes-Brass-Flat-Washer-Copper-Crush-Washers-Gasket-Seal-Ring-For-Boat/292435788704?hash=item44168803a0:m:mYzeMU2frur_4lOodrOJXOQ

Edited by 2strokes_rule
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for all the info guys! 

New to the ThumperTalk community, and definitely glad to see that everyone is here to help. 

You are all awesome. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, mbrick said:

I reuse it 2-3 times by heating + quenching (works great) and then toss it. I buy replacements from McMaster.  Most KTM fiche are pretty awesome and list the size as part of the description for fasteners and such.

12 x 18 x 1.5mm 25pcs for $11.17, part number 97725A116 from McMaster.com.  Their shipping speed rivals Amazon prime (at least for me) – I get it next day if I order in the morning.

While you are at it, buy a few other seals you need so you can get the most for the few bucks of UPS shipping cost.

Got a kit with both oil drain and oil check washers. Replace both when changing the oil, but then reuse the oil check washer in between changes for pre-ride check. 

Edited by Dirt Rider 12345