Hi all, new to the forum, I currently own a 2019 690 enduro and am having issues with the traction control button. bike starts up and light comes on as per usual and once bike moves forward in gear it goes out as it should. but after that i can't get the light back on which means traction control is disabled. when i got the bike from new i had troubles turning it off then it started working flawlessly then all of a sudden nothing. hoping some others have come across this issue and have had some fixes as my dealer in ontario has heard nothing. The ultimate fix is a dongle as i would like the TC turned off perminately.

• Like 1

Wait until you ride it that first bit so that it initially turns off. I come to a complete stop, use my right hand to give it a good solid squeeze as the button is sort of behind the middle of that rubber ridge, and it requires a firm direct press for at least 6 seconds. You're likely not holding it long enough due to pounding adrenaline, or not getting a good squeeze on the button itself.

I think the confusing thing is the delay in the illumination of the TC light once you release the button. its not intuitive- the pause doesn't help- as you have to release the button then wait a few moments for the TC to turn off, then it lights up. 

Iv'e tried all sorts of combinations, like i said it did work flawlessly for probably 800 km then nothing at all. it used to turn off no problem at a stop with a 4 to 6 second button push. other then that the bike is absolutely awesome.

You have to be moving- get up to speed, release throttle and push TC button for five seconds- Or after start up while stopped push both ABS+TC button together and after 3 seconds it should flash and both should be off until you turn the bike off. 

Hmm, ive tried while riding as well. It used to work perfectly while stopped throttle closed hold for 3 to 5 seconds like manual says in the link. I have read other guys experiencing similar issues. It would be nice if the bike went back to the same settings when you re start, so you dont have to go back through the process each time.

20190715_201133.jpg

There has been a recall for some time for that switch- Check your vin on the ktm/safety portal and or call your dealer and see if they can troubleshoot/replace your switch. 

I did check my vin but no recalls here in canada but my dealer did offer to get me a switch. Ive assumed it's the switch that is the problem but wanted to try and get other riders info. 

Have you tried the MTC switch while stopped in neutral?  

I had trouble activating/deactivating MTC while stopped, in gear, clutch pulled in. This was how I interpreted "Throttle grip closed" in the owner's manual.  Mine's a 2019 Enduro, but found the same issue on a SMC the dealer let me try.  It only worked 1 of 10 tries.  It acted like the switch was flakey, but was not.   

It's reliable for me in neutral, but the service dude had no issues using the clutch, pressing the button for ~5s, then rolling a bit above 3 MPH.

Hi all, just want to bring the topic up again about traction control issues. ktm canada finally told my dealer that there is an issue but there is no fix??? has anyone in other parts of the world had issues and have any luck with fixes?

For what it is worth, I played with this a bit on my bike the other day and found that what matters most is the amount of time you press the TC button.  I know the manual says 3-5 second push, but on my bike it needs to be a five count, exactly.  A little less, or a little more, time than that and it won't switch, either on to off or the other way.  I think the fact that the duration of the button push needs to be so precise is what is making people think it is inconsistent and looking for other factors (clutch in/out, hard/soft push, rolling/stationary, whatever).  On my bike anyway, once you get the duration of the button press figured out, it switches reliably every time.