Jump to content
BOAB

Kids on kwads, what is the matter with parents

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, braindead0 said:

Ouch..  hope you can get back on 2 wheels soonish..  

3-4 weeks. This one really doesnt hurt too bad, I figured it was just separated. X rays proved different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-4 weeks... Must be a really small fracture. Most broken clavicals are 6-8 weeks sling and then about 6-8 weeks to get arm strength back.

I broke mine real good and now have 8 screws and a plate on my right side.

It may sound strange but i have had older people ask me why im wearing a helmet numerous times. It usually goes something like "when i was kid, we just got on our bikes and rode". "We didn't need fancy helmets and goggles and boots". I have probably heard a dozen or more 50 to 65 year olds say that crap over the past few years. I usually just respond with "i ride pretty aggressive". Sometimes they say oh ok and other times they tell me a story about jumping their step moms pool wearing only shorts.

My wifes uncle gave me shit one day for wearing a helmet and i never really liked the guy so i just turned and said that brain damage is probably why you decided to be a 50 year old pill popper who still lives in his moms basement. He didn't like that.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

3-4 weeks... Must be a really small fracture. Most broken clavicals are 6-8 weeks sling and then about 6-8 weeks to get arm strength back.

I broke mine real good and now have 8 screws and a plate on my right side.

It may sound strange but i have had older people ask me why im wearing a helmet numerous times. It usually goes something like "when i was kid, we just got on our bikes and rode". "We didn't need fancy helmets and goggles and boots". I have probably heard a dozen or more 50 to 65 year olds say that crap over the past few years. I usually just respond with "i ride pretty aggressive". Sometimes they say oh ok and other times they tell me a story about jumping their step moms pool wearing only shorts.

My wifes uncle gave me shit one day for wearing a helmet and i never really liked the guy so i just turned and said that brain damage is probably why you decided to be a 50 year old pill popper who still lives in his moms basement. He didn't like that.

Yeah, This fortunately is a less major break. My other side isn't even attached anymore, I don't have an AC joint. Broke it real bad a few years ago, totally messed up the last inch or so, they ended up removing the remnants. Tendons hold it in place now.

I'm pretty well protected, even wear a neck brace, but little girls on kwads are apparently a huge obstacle.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BOAB said:

Yeah, This fortunately is a less major break. My other side isn't even attached anymore, I don't have an AC joint. Broke it real bad a few years ago, totally messed up the last inch or so, they ended up removing the remnants. Tendons hold it in place now.

I'm pretty well protected, even wear a neck brace, but little girls on kwads are apparently a huge obstacle.

Next time us them as a ramp, helmeted or not!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BOAB said:

Yeah, This fortunately is a less major break. My other side isn't even attached anymore, I don't have an AC joint. Broke it real bad a few years ago, totally messed up the last inch or so, they ended up removing the remnants. Tendons hold it in place now.

I'm pretty well protected, even wear a neck brace, but little girls on kwads are apparently a huge obstacle.

I feel for yeah but maybe for them more, they probably have no clue as to the dangers around them and others. their parents have no skills at all, shame

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

I feel for yeah but maybe for them more, they probably have no clue as to the dangers around them and others. their parents have no skills at all, shame

I'll bet parents were at work and had no idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BOAB said:

Turns out to be a broken clavicle.  Sucks.

put your arm out to break fall ? sorry to hear, heal up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, highmarker said:

put your arm out to break fall ? sorry to hear, heal up

No, landed right on my shoulder. I didnt hear it crunch like last time, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty disappointing, I would never ride without a helmet, nor would I let anybody else riding my stuff, nor would I let any of my kids do that. I think some parents have been stupid, but it's been that way for the past 2019+ years that we have been on this earth. Although it was wrong, it may not have been those parents, but I don't know. I hope you get better soon, that goes for your bike as well.

Edited by Gatorade88
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BOAB said:

Yeah, This fortunately is a less major break. My other side isn't even attached anymore, I don't have an AC joint. Broke it real bad a few years ago, totally messed up the last inch or so, they ended up removing the remnants. Tendons hold it in place now.

I'm pretty well protected, even wear a neck brace, but little girls on kwads are apparently a huge obstacle.

Glad to hear its not a bad break. Get well soon

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BOAB said:

The pilot would probably be sending me vintage mx videos to watch in flight.

You hear about the Dodge Charger vs. Motorcycle this AM in Farmington on Browning  ? Fatal for the streetbike rider unfortunately...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeamGreenPilot said:

You hear about the Dodge Charger vs. Motorcycle this AM in Farmington on Browning  ? Fatal for the streetbike rider unfortunately...

I've had 2 friends lost on street bikes, just can't beat a car☹️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get well soon, and everyone is glad you were not injured any worse. Stuff like that is 100% preventable......called parenting. 

We see it all the time in our area with ATVs and SXSs. However, it's mostly drunk MASSHOLES (people from Boston, Salem, and other big places in MA) who think they're $35k SXS, or their Sportsman 1000 Scrambler, automatically makes them a professional rider/driver. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The parents are probably even worse. We were camping one time and a guy came flying by on a kwad, hit a rock and flew off cutting his knee bad. Had 8yo daughter onboard ( of course no helmets/boots) as well as 2 other kids on kwad behind him. We ran over to help, patched him up, the noticed that he was also drunk as $ht. Proceeded to berate the hell out of him for being such an idiot with his kids in such danger. Best part was next morning we noticed him back to the accident spot foraging around in the tall grass......he said he had lost his wedding ring and was looking for it AND....said "this is the second time he has lost one". Total idiot.

 

Joe

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

The parents are probably even worse. We were camping one time and a guy came flying by on a kwad, hit a rock and flew off cutting his knee bad. Had 8yo daughter onboard ( of course no helmets/boots) as well as 2 other kids on kwad behind him. We ran over to help, patched him up, the noticed that he was also drunk as $ht. Proceeded to berate the hell out of him for being such an idiot with his kids in such danger. Best part was next morning we noticed him back to the accident spot foraging around in the tall grass......he said he had lost his wedding ring and was looking for it AND....said "this is the second time he has lost one". Total idiot.

 

Joe

Most states require helmets on anyone under 18... Might mention that to the idiots.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, BOAB said:

I've seen this before. But, this time I almost got taken out. 3 little girls on a big kwad. No helmets, tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Came ripping around a blind corner, I was cruising in second BECAUSE it was a blind corner. They came right at me totally out of control, I ended up down a hill into a tree. I'm in a bunch of pain, I believe I separated my shoulder and rung my bell a bit. I was by myself, took me awhile to get out of there, for awhile I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it home.

10 oclock on a Monday morning. Where the heck are their parents? Those kids were like 10, 8 and 6 years old. I called the Sheriff's office, those kids are going to kill themselves or someone else.

its becoming very common in Colorado. I get it, quads are good for kids getting into offroad and possibly transition them into bikes, or even for the wife/gf, but teach em some safety and common sense.

 

anyhow, the other day I saw a mother with 3 kids on a full size quad. I mean holy hell...that quad can easily crush a kid no problem. BUt yep, quite  afew times I almost get taken out on by a quad or SxS by younger folks..usually teens or some 20 yr old..no helmet, gear, flip flops, etc. kind of why I transitioned into bikes, I feel 40x safer on one and most of us at least wears a helmet. Anyhow, I no longer go a bit fast on open roads. too many inexperienced folks on the trails who think they are the only ones on it. 

Anyhow, hope you heal quickly my friend, sucks that happened to you. Kind of why I am starting to hate these kind of riders...they tend to put others folks lives at risk

Edited by RideWithWill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RideWithWill said:

its becoming very common in Colorado. I get it, quads are good for kids getting into offroad and possibly transition them into bikes, or even for the wife/gf, but teach em some safety and common sense.

I’d sell my kids and divorce my wife if any of them ever wanted to ride a kwad. Thankfully, I have neither.

@BOAB, I hope you recover quickly. I’ve been in similar situations before but thankfully was never hurt outside of a few bruises. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×