Posted (edited)

So I've been eyeing a new 4Runner lately, and I might pull the trigger soon. Trim is probably gonna be the TRD Offroad Premium (because I want the factory rear locking diff and the sunroof and leather), but I'm also considering spending a little extra to get the TRD Pro.

I kind of like this blue that you can get the TRD Pro in, but I'm afraid I might get sick of it after a while. I'm pretty meat-and-potatoes when it comes to the trims and colors that I generally prefer on vehicles…..if I don't get this color, it'll be white or black, or maybe the metallic grey.

Anyway, anyone else ever go for a color or trim level a little more flashy than you normally would, and regret it later? 

6.jpg.15e6b23ee8828edf24ab57210b2dd9c0.jpg

Edited by KTM2006
spelling

Any wheels would be better than those black things that look like they came of a '42 jeep in a junkyard.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; if you like the color scheme, buy it. On a practical note, if you don't plan on using a roof rack a lot, don't get one. It adds wind noise at highway speeds and cuts mileage a tad.

• Like 1

I've always bought used, so I'm limited on color choices because price is my first consideration.  Coincidentally, I've always had muted colors too (3 dark gray trucks, 2 dark green trucks, one silver-ish beige car, 1 black minivan).

But when I bought my Frontier I REALLY wanted the blue offered in the NISMO package like the picture below, but couldn't find one for sale and instead got one in dark grey.

As it just so happened a month after I bought my grey truck a blue one popped up locally for sale in the color I wanted, and for a similar price that I paid.  I loved my Frontier, but for the 11 years I owned it I often wished I had that blue one.  It got even worse when a few years later a buddy bought a new Frontier in a very similar blue.

So go for the color you're considering!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That "electric' blue Frontier is a great color, toy had one also. Blue Frontiers are very hard to find new or used. I think dealers are just too fuddy duddy and stick to the basics. Our local Ford dealer has at least 100 trucks on his lot and all but three are  black, white or a shade of gray.

Edited by Piney Woods

7 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Any wheels would be better than those black things that look like they came of a '42 jeep in a junkyard.

I love those black TRD wheels and the black grill and blacked out lettering. If I end up not going with the TRD Pro, I plan to save a couple thou buy getting the TRD Offroad without the Predator package (which includes the black wheels and black lettering) and adding that stuff myself.

That's a weird color. But you either like it or you don't, I don't think it's one your mind will change on suddenly later.