Wings or Akropovic?

*gasp* Sorry I’m not any help but that would sure be one expensive misstep. Wowza!!! On a side note - I thought the ‘19 stock 690 can was vastly improved from previous years (heat, weight, size, etc)???

45 minutes ago, dLeo said:

*gasp* Sorry I’m not any help but that would sure be one expensive misstep. Wowza!!! On a side note - I thought the ‘19 stock 690 can was vastly improved from previous years (heat, weight, size, etc)???

there's still a 900 degree can of tuna in that new pipe to keep things running hot. my 2010 690smc had an Akrapovic pipe on it, with very little if any stuffing left in it. That bike sounded evil. The 2019 is quiet; I pass cops in speed traps before they notice me. On the 2010 they would be waiting for me when i was still blocks out. I don't miss the noise during urban assaults either.

• 8 months later...

This tread is old but it fits my comment. I just put the akrapovic on my 2019 SMCR. Didn’t weigh it but it a little lighter than stock.  Seems quieter than stock when you are just cruising around. Wind it up and it gets growly and barks. Butt dyno feels stronger and smoother. I’m not a fan of loud, so for me it’s perfect. If you want louder than this pipe might not be it.

26045D7B-34FA-4099-891D-F5318AA4D004.jpeg

33 minutes ago, InsaneClownPossum said:

That is so long and ugly. FMF FTW. Not loud either, I have tinnitus and loud sucks. 

How do you really feel about it? ? 

Its about the same size as the stock pipe which is big. I’m ok with it. I like the tone/sound. Most people will only see it from behind anyway. ?

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bhfcolospgs said:

How do you really feel about it? ? 

Its about the same size as the stock pipe which is big. I’m ok with it. I like the tone/sound. Most people will only see it from behind anyway. ?

Sorry man, that was a dick thing to say, your bike is extremely sexy, i just think that can is too long for it proportionally. If you're happy with it, that's great! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InsaneClownPossum said:

Sorry man, that was a dick thing to say, your bike is extremely sexy, i just think that can is too long for it proportionally. If you're happy with it, that's great! 

No worries. Everyone is different. I took no offense by it.  

• Like 2

I have the Wings on my 701. I like the note from out of the box, but I tried to make it quieter for getting a RWC, that didn't go so well. I put the full spark arrestor in, it just changed the note, was quieter while Idling, but had a bit of bark when you revved it.
In the end, I didn't even have to start the bike. So, worked out well.

The wings silencer is quite short, nice looking IMO, and bang on half the weight of the OEM silencer. Price was excellent as well. I'm a happy customer. 

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:06 PM, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

I did the FMF 4.1 in blue. It's excellent. Same as the Q4, you just shave one tab and it looks and sounds way better than the Wings or Akra.20190608_094238~3.jpeg

Are you running it withba baffle / spark arrestor in ? Or is it straight out nothing ?

On 4/22/2020 at 10:10 AM, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Glad I know your bike. I can't keep up with your name changes :D

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Haha 1

Just for the record. I've only ever used FMF and Acro on my 4T's, going back yrs. I'm very happy with the value for money of the Wings, and the quality is superb. 

The owner of Wings is a former Acro employee. The quality is as good as Acro, if not better. IMO, better. And better than FMF as well.

I'd just buy whatever is the best value. They're all good silencers. If the FMF was less than the WINGs over here, I'd have an FMF on the bike.

Mind you, anything is better than the OEM silencer lol. I burnt my leg on mine, and the scar isn't going away. Fuggers heat up like a frying pan.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1