Muskoka KTM

Wings or Akropovic?

Hi all, new to the forum, I currently own a 2019 690 enduro and am having issues with the traction control button. bike starts up and light comes on as per usual and once bike moves forward in gear it goes out as it should. but after that i can't get the light back on which means traction control is disabled. when i got the bike from new i had troubles turning it off then it started working flawlessly then all of a sudden nothing. hoping some others have come across this issue and have had some fixes as my dealer in ontario has heard nothing. The ultimate fix is a dongle as i would like the TC turned off perminately.

Hi all just curious on opinions on exhausts for a 2019 690 enduro. i love the look of the akropovic but it is a bit pricey is it that much better?

Ok great to hear, how is the sound im hoping for a throatier sound and did u do air box mods?

I went with the fmf q4 - needs a few pieces removed/tinkered for mounting but they’re minor and there’s a thread that explains everything. It’s the pipe for the mx bike because they discontinued the 690 version a few years back. Beautiful/runs cool/lighter AND sounds fantastic. Decent throaty bark when you get on the gas and on decel but also surprisingly unnoticeable once at steady rpms. I’m one of only a few that actually can’t stand the look of the akro/wings. Love the mx look of the fmf.

5DFDE27E-ED1B-4CBA-82FB-C6F2A168B5CE.jpeg

1BC16000-4D7C-4183-80D5-D4590128AE54.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Muskoka KTM said:

Ok great to hear, how is the sound im hoping for a throatier sound and did u do air box mods?

It comes with 2 inserts, so you have the option of using one of the inserts or nothing at all. It's kind of loud with no inserts, but some people dig that, so to each their own. I'm currently running the medium insert with a DNA drop-in filter and it sounds great. It has a nice throaty sound with no pops on decel. I'd say the sound is somewhere in the middle (not too quiet or loud). I've been thinking about the Rottweiler intake, but not sure I want the increased noise, so I'm going to run it for a while like it is.

Edited by n2stackin

I went with the fmf q4 - It’s the pipe for the mx bike because they discontinued the 690 version a few years back.

I did the FMF 4.1 in blue. It's excellent. Same as the Q4, you just shave one tab and it looks and sounds way better than the Wings or Akra.

Would y’all mind sharing the model number or base motorcycle year/make/model you used? Super hyped on running an mx-style can

Would y’all mind sharing the model number or base motorcycle year/make/model you used? Super hyped on running an mx-style can
That's the UHP1505031, thanks to@BigMikeVP for the part number. Sounds and looks good.
It's for a 16+ FC450, requires light modification. I posted it all in the main exhaust thread here in 690/701

Yes, sorry, mine is the blue fmf 4.1 as well – not the q4 as that's the one that was discontinued. Got the ktm version rather than the husky (same pipe, different sticker decal).  

On 7/23/2019 at 9:09 PM, dLeo said:

Yes, sorry, mine is the blue fmf 4.1 as well – not the q4 as that's the one that was discontinued. Got the ktm version rather than the husky (same pipe, different sticker decal).  

Any chance you can make a video of the exhaust?

Cold start, idle, and some revs? 

Thanks!

Any chance you can make a video of the exhaust?
Cold start, idle, and some revs? 
Thanks!

I thought I did!

32 minutes ago, Surfdog57 said:

I thought I did! emoji848.png

You did. I was looking for a video from dLeo. He has the FMF 4.1 exhaust and I can't find any videos on the 690 with it.

• Like 1

Btw. With a few hundred miles on the new pipe I can say it’s juuuust Loud enough in my helmet to hear my bike while listening to pink Floyd. No tach so that’s why I swapped to a “louder” pipe.

It’s just about perfect for me.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 1:10 AM, dLeo said:

How do you post a video?

Upload the video to youtube and just post the link

• Helpful 1

Love my blue and carbon fiber FMF 4.1 silencer,not loud at all. 

• Like 1