Bentley FES

I'm considering doing this with my 15 y.o. son and trying to find info without much luck. Neither of us have any FES experience

Does it start at VTR?

Can I sign up for D14 there (assuming this is yes)

Is it point to point or lap style?

I understand there are 12mph and 18mph sections.  Do you run both?

Gas or breaks between sections?

Thanks in advance!

It's a lot of fun, you will have a great time!

Each race is a little different in format, the course layout is done by each local club.  You start on the same row at each restart, (usually about 5-riders per row, row is assigned at signup, your row corresponds to the minute after keytime).  The first section is usually 12mph average speed, with secret checks located along the trail.  Sometimes there is a reset to get caught back up on time or to catch guys riding too hot (too fast for speed average).  After you finish the first part, there is usually about a 30 minute break where you can go back to your truck and re-fuel and get snacks.  Then you start the 18mph section and do the same thing.  Sometimes it's a totally different trail, sometimes it's the same trail as you rode for the 12mph sections with the checkpoints being moved.  Don't worry too much about it your first time just go out and have fun.  The goal would be to stay on time, usually you can gauge your speed by the row in front of you, ideally you would stay exactly one minute behind them (assuming they are on time).

54 minutes ago, Toby259 said:

It's a lot of fun, you will have a great time!

Each race is a little different in format, the course layout is done by each local club.  You start on the same row at each restart, (usually about 5-riders per row, row is assigned at signup, your row corresponds to the minute after keytime).  The first section is usually 12mph average speed, with secret checks located along the trail.  Sometimes there is a reset to get caught back up on time or to catch guys riding too hot (too fast for speed average).  After you finish the first part, there is usually about a 30 minute break where you can go back to your truck and re-fuel and get snacks.  Then you start the 18mph section and do the same thing.  Sometimes it's a totally different trail, sometimes it's the same trail as you rode for the 12mph sections with the checkpoints being moved.  Don't worry too much about it your first time just go out and have fun.  The goal would be to stay on time, usually you can gauge your speed by the row in front of you, ideally you would stay exactly one minute behind them (assuming they are on time).

Yeah, looking forward to it.  Thanks for the info!

Did you end up doing it? We had a lot of fun, my wife rode really well.

Me on the other hand...Thought I did decent and still placed towards the bottom of my class. Couple ones I was a minute or so early which I guess didn't help too much.

Think we're going to try making the next one as well.

This weekend is Trials with MOTA!

Edited by Squatting_Dog

Yeah, we went.  Honestly, the 12 mph loop was a snore, although my boy managed to whack a tree and bend his bars.  I get that it's more geared toward the younger riders.  18 mph loop much more fun, but I still prefer an all out sprint vs. a rally type race.  That and I have no clue how they score these races. I don't think I have the cerebral fortitude for Enduro's, lol.