Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, IRC Tire USA said:

Hello Thumper Talk! This seems like as good as a place to start as any! 

We are IRC Tire USA! We've been working hard to join the REAL Grassroots side of riding. Forums are the place where the real riders are! We joined KTMtalk and FilterX recommended we come here for a little more diversity! Here we are!  

Basically we know these forums are the place where more conversation about Moto products go down! Like Thats what we want, honest opinion about our tires and brands, so we can continue to improve.

We're working to release as much inside info on all of our tires as possible. So you guys can make the best decision when choosing a tire to fit your style of riding. We will listen and care about your opinion.

 If you'd like to see what we've been working hard on Check out our Youtube Channel (IRC Tire Moto USA).  Below are some links to a few play lists. Lots of info on our tires, and we're now starting to release riding tips as well. There is going to be a lot of videos coming out the rest of the year. Please SUBSCRIBE! The bigger our following the easier to find and more available our tires will be. 

IX09W Gekkota Tire 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8HWLzWJ--vNsKi

VE33S Gekkota Tire  
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lRwH80cfBQj8FQ

M5B Evo Tire 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uodsCg_urcROLK

Essential Riding Tips 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7ILldtDnwBy16W

 Hope Everyone Enjoys!

IRC Tire USA 

Hey,

Nice to see you here BUT if you have not already contacted one of the admins or one of them haven't contacted you,  I did mention this but I should have sent you a PM directly on KTMtalk do get setup as an Inside/Sponsor on TT before posting a topic for your products. IMO mutually beneficial to everyone involved and looking for possible future promo's etc etc with TT and IRC.

@Bryan Bosch

@Brian Wilson

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing laster longer than the 501Super Digger back in the day! Whatever happened to that tire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IRC Tire USA said:

Yes Sir. Rocky Mountain is on the list. They should be available there within the year.  

How about MotoSport? They're my go-to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you suggest any good sources in Canada?  The two online sources I use for most other stuff don't carry IRC tires for some reason.  I'm mainly interested in in an M5B Evo or VE33 and a VE35.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into Durango to see if they have them in the store but they list them on their website as $86 for the 110/100 -18 at MotoCafe. I haven’t been there since before I left to go East for June riding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The original VE-33 in a 110 is a pretty small tired compared to some competitors 110.  Almost reminds me of a 100.  So i run the 5.10 in the VE-33 to get a slightly bigger tire.  The 5.10 is still not that big when compared to some other 110s as well.   I noticed the VE-33S is only offered in a 110.  Is it the same true size as its standard VE-33 brother in a 110?  Granted this isn't a perfect comparison picture (one tire mounted and new, the other not mounted and old) but this is a new VE-33 in a 5.10 compared to a 140 M5B evo on my 250RR.  If i remember correctly the EVO also is slightly less wide than the original M5B in comparative sizes.  The 140 turned out to be way too big IMO on the 250 2 stroke if anyone is curious.

IMG_7267.thumb.JPG.0c757f6a5d724a3db17b5698aa42d6d9.JPG

Edited by NW_drZ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

The original VE-33 in a 110 is a pretty small tired compared to some competitors 110.  Almost reminds me of a 100.  So i run the 5.10 in the VE-33 to get a slightly bigger tire.  The 5.10 is still not that big when compared to some other 110s as well.   I noticed the VE-33S is only offered in a 110.  Is it the same true size as its standard VE-33 brother in a 110?  Granted this isn't a perfect comparison picture (one tire mounted and new, the other not mounted and old) but this is a new VE-33 in a 5.10 compared to a 140 M5B evo on my 250RR.  If i remember correctly the EVO also is slightly less wide than the original M5B in comparative sizes.  The 140 turned out to be way too big IMO on the 250 2 stroke if anyone is curious.

IMG_7267.thumb.JPG.0c757f6a5d724a3db17b5698aa42d6d9.JPG

Side view of the ve33s in 110/100/18 on a Beta 300RR. I'll see if I can get a shot of the width from my buddy. He's out riding it tomorrow for the first time. 

 

image.png.5ea2d3c5b72339dcdafde7326776d4bc.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been looking for a replacement for my all time favorite, the Goldentyre GT523KX, since they discontinued it. The IX09W Gekkota looks very comparable but only available in a 110/100 (WTH?) and that's supposedly smaller than a normal 110 (again, WTH?). So, is IRC going to offer the IX09W Gekkota in a larger size and will it be compatible with Tubliss?

I run 120 sized tires on all my bikes, even the lowly KDX's (stock KDX was 100/100). For what I ride I like wide tires and they pair up geometry wise better with "Fatty" 90/100-21 fronts.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO we love in a great time for dirt bikes and by extension dirt bikes tires.

Bikes are one thing and $$$$$ but I like to try different tires/play with PSI cus I'll never know how a tire is going to work for where/how I ride until I buy/try and unfortunately not enough time or $$ to try them all :)

I've had IRC's on my list for awhile but got a couple others I'll be trying first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Max17 said:

Can you suggest any good sources in Canada?  The two online sources I use for most other stuff don't carry IRC tires for some reason.  I'm mainly interested in in an M5B Evo or VE33 and a VE35.  Thanks.

I'm slightly surprised Fortnine doesn't sell them cus IMO biggest dealer in Canada.

@IRC Tire USAmaybe you should contact them but thats up to you.

https://fortnine.ca/en/dirt-bike-motocross-tires

Looks like you could order them from here but in BC. http://www.gnarlyparts.ca/Dirt-Bike-Tires_c_26.html

Otherwise do you have any local shops cus you should check with them and support them first?

Edited by filterx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@IRC Tire USA Can you elaborate on the variance in how knobbies are sized?  For example below are a Kenda Parker DT and Goldentyre GT333N michelin  medium enduro (OEM Beta 500-RRS) side by side.   Makes it really hard to determine if a tire will fit when some manufacturers seem to size based on tire carcass and others seem to be measuring to the outside of the knobbies? 

edited to fix tire on right, forgot it was OEM..

compare.jpg

Edited by braindead0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Max17 said:

Can you suggest any good sources in Canada?  The two online sources I use for most other stuff don't carry IRC tires for some reason.  I'm mainly interested in in an M5B Evo or VE33 and a VE35.  Thanks.

Stopped by “Gnarlys “ today And he has stock on the IRC ... walked out with a rear IRC M5B EVO 130/80 - 18 ... looks good !!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stopped by “Gnarlys “ today And he has stock on the IRC ... walked out with a rear IRC M5B EVO 130/80 - 18 ... looks good !!

Would you say that tire sizes like a 110/100 or 120/100 or ?
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On my Husky right now I have a Michelin Cross Competition S 12 XC 

130 / 80 - 18 and the one ( IRC)  I just picked up I would say is almost the same.... definitely larger lugs on the IRC  ... was just going by this thread and decided to go for it ... got a couple rides left on the Michelin then I’ll give the IRC a go ....   : )

so I’d say a 110/ 100

Edited by Chisler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, Bachnok said:

VE-33S is now the only rear tire for me.  25 hours on this one and no noticeable loss in performance.  I have a fresh one sitting next to me as I type this but I think I'm going to go for a couple more rides before I finally swap. 

I still haven't found my goldilocks front tire though

Great to hear glad you like the VE33s 

Have you tried the VE35 front? or our IX09w Gekkota Gummy front? 

On 7/26/2019 at 12:43 AM, drumiv said:

How about MotoSport? They're my go-to.

Hopefully after We are in Rocky Mountain others will follow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, kxlubber said:

Going into Durango to see if they have them in the store but they list them on their website as $86 for the 110/100 -18 at MotoCafe. I haven’t been there since before I left to go East for June riding.

 

Our boys at Mojomotosport will ship direct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 1:25 PM, SS109 said:

I've been looking for a replacement for my all time favorite, the Goldentyre GT523KX, since they discontinued it. The IX09W Gekkota looks very comparable but only available in a 110/100 (WTH?) and that's supposedly smaller than a normal 110 (again, WTH?). So, is IRC going to offer the IX09W Gekkota in a larger size and will it be compatible with Tubliss?

I run 120 sized tires on all my bikes, even the lowly KDX's (stock KDX was 100/100). For what I ride I like wide tires and they pair up geometry wise better with "Fatty" 90/100-21 fronts.

 

Its a Normal size 110/100-18. If you are running a tubeless system we don't recommend the IX09W Gekkota. The Carcass is two ply and very soft. It's specifically made for the most extreme situations. Erzberg, Tennessee Knockout. Extreme Enduro. 

As far as sizes go we are working hard to get a market for our tires. There is a possibility for more sizes in the future.  

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...