On 7/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, IRC Tire USA said:

Its a Normal size 110/100-18. If you are running a tubeless system we don't recommend the IX09W Gekkota. The Carcass is two ply and very soft. It's specifically made for the most extreme situations. Erzberg, Tennessee Knockout. Extreme Enduro. 

As far as sizes go we are working hard to get a market for our tires. There is a possibility for more sizes in the future.  

I ran the GT523KX and it was also a 2 ply super soft sidewall tire that GT didn't recommend using with Tubliss. Funny, seemed to work great for me as long as I didn't get a puncture. With the very flexible sidewall it acted more like a real trials tire than anything else I've ever tried yet didn't have the negatives of one.

However, I guess the point is moot if you aren't offering a 120 size tire. I mean, who doesn't offer a 120? It's not like your tires haven't been around a while so not offering one really makes no sense. Guess I'll keep looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, Junior said:

Nothing laster longer than the 501Super Digger back in the day! Whatever happened to that tire?

No such thing I can remember. There was a Cheng Shin devastator I used to destroy the Dirt Diggers grand pre in the day. It only turned with the throttle pinned. (If you could stand it?

4B973048-737B-4E8A-8940-1E1B80754A1B.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, IRC Tire USA said:

Its a Normal size 110/100-18. If you are running a tubeless system we don't recommend the IX09W Gekkota. The Carcass is two ply and very soft. It's specifically made for the most extreme situations. Erzberg, Tennessee Knockout. Extreme Enduro. 

As far as sizes go we are working hard to get a market for our tires. There is a possibility for more sizes in the future.  

My son will be competing in the Tennessee Knockout and is going to run IX09W Gekkota. 

It is a super gummy extreme enduro competition tire.?

10 minutes ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

My son will be competing in the Tennessee Knockout and is going to run IX09W Gekkota. 

It is a super gummy extreme enduro competition tire.?

Thats Great to hear!! It won't disappoint!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SS109 said:

I ran the GT523KX and it was also a 2 ply super soft sidewall tire that GT didn't recommend using with Tubliss. Funny, seemed to work great for me as long as I didn't get a puncture. With the very flexible sidewall it acted more like a real trials tire than anything else I've ever tried yet didn't have the negatives of one.

However, I guess the point is moot if you aren't offering a 120 size tire. I mean, who doesn't offer a 120? It's not like your tires haven't been around a while so not offering one really makes no sense. Guess I'll keep looking elsewhere.

The reason we don't recommend tubeless is because of the increase chance of puncture. Not saying it won't preform well, it preforms great.. but lots of guys will complain when they puncture a thin carcass tire.

We do offer bigger sizes in all our regular tires but currently with the IX09W Gekkota there is only a 110.  A lot more development goes into making a larger size than just making them bigger.... Carcass structure, casing material, even angle of inner chords all come into play. Its a complicated process with a lot of testing. Lots of R and D. Once again it doesn't mean we will never make one.... 

We hope you would be willing to try one out.  

IRC Tire USA 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, IRC Tire USA said:

The reason we don't recommend tubeless is because of the increase chance of puncture. Not saying it won't preform well, it preforms great.. but lots of guys will complain when they puncture a thin carcass tire.

We do offer bigger sizes in all our regular tires but currently with the IX09W Gekkota there is only a 110.  A lot more development goes into making a larger size than just making them bigger.... Carcass structure, casing material, even angle of inner chords all come into play. Its a complicated process with a lot of testing. Lots of R and D. Once again it doesn't mean we will never make one.... 

We hope you would be willing to try one out.  

IRC Tire USA 

Good reply and thank you for it. Get that R&D done, put out the 120, and I'll give IRC a shot. :thumbsup:

Will IRC tires ever be available in Europe?

I sent an email to the company once, but never revived a reply. 

On 7/25/2019 at 6:04 AM, BOAB said:

LOL, yep, about the last thing on my agenda is registering for KTM Talk. :lol:

Hater :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess it depends on where you ride but in the woods I ride a 120 is a very bad idea most of the time. Kills turning.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Hater :p

been on Hondas since 1983.  Nothing has convinced me to change...yet.

• Haha 1

I'd like to see IRC offer a "buy on get one free" promotion once a year on 140 M5B's.

?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

No such thing I can remember. There was a Cheng Shin devastator I used to destroy the Dirt Diggers grand pre in the day. It only turned with the throttle pinned. (If you could stand it?

4B973048-737B-4E8A-8940-1E1B80754A1B.jpeg

Sorry. It was The Yokohama 501 super digger.

19 hours ago, Balkan boy said:

Will IRC tires ever be available in Europe?

I sent an email to the company once, but never revived a reply. 

We would like to eventually expand to Europe.. It takes a lot of man power to make it world wide.. we are doing our best. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

I guess it depends on where you ride but in the woods I ride a 120 is a very bad idea most of the time. Kills turning.

That's a large reason we started with 110 in gummy tires, we want a good all around performance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheW0LF said:

I'd like to see IRC offer a "buy on get one free" promotion once a year on 140 M5B's.

?

Our boys at Mojomotosport will ship direct and are usually doing sales on M5bEvos all the time... including buy one get one. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IRC Tire USA said:

Our boys at Mojomotosport will ship direct and are usually doing sales on M5bEvos all the time... including buy one get one. 

Our network of riders here in SoCal should have stock in IRC haha. We probably buy more M5B's a year and do more promotion for IRC by all of us showing up with the stickers still on the tires and being the only people to make hills. 

Guys like @SteveThe Snakes and the rest of DonkeyPeople MC have been showing people how to climb hills for decades here in SoCal. The first thing they tell a fresh caught victim that's trapped like a rat "you need to get an M5B and hold it wide open". 

That line alone has sold more tires than any magazine ad ever printed.

welcome to Thumpertalk!

• Helpful 2

Will IRC make a gummy fatty front tire? I like my Shinko fatty and would like to try the IRC gummy front but now 80/100 seems skinny to me.

Jeez, Responding to this thread is a full time job.  I hope you're getting health benefits.

6 hours ago, slowmoto said:

Will IRC make a gummy fatty front tire? I like my Shinko fatty and would like to try the IRC gummy front but now 80/100 seems skinny to me.

We currently have no plans for a gummy 90/100. The hard part about a gummy front tire is the increased chance of a rolling feeling when the tire is on flat corners. Increasing the size increases the chances. 80/100 had the best cornering feeling with a soft compound during testing.  

3 hours ago, Bachnok said:

Jeez, Responding to this thread is a full time job.  I hope you're getting health benefits.

haha!! Thats what we are here for!! We want to focus on the grass roots riders!! You guys have questions we have answers!! 

• Like 1