Our boys at Mojomotosport will ship direct and are usually doing sales on M5bEvos all the time... including buy one get one. 

Jeeezus. For the price they’re charging no wonder they throw in a second one for free. It’s like the local 2 for 1 pizza place in town... $60 for one pizza, but you get a second for free!

IMG_2247.JPGIMG_2248.JPGIMG_2249.JPG

Get rid of the soft/shitty evo and bring back the old school, tough as nails non evo m5b.

Just a heads up on the VE33S, I installed my second one this year before Sunday's enduro I had my doubts and I was correct in my assumptions. The first one I had the center knobs chunked off pretty bad, I chalked it up to a new bib being too stiff was pretty much toast with about a 100 miles on it. No center lugs left, side lugs tearing and chunking. I installed one before last weekends with a broken-in bib, figuring this may be the trick to stopping the chucking. So I run the 65-mile enduro, some rounding of the knobs I expect that it is a gummy after all. 98% of all the knobs are still there 90% of the center lugs look like the base of the knob was cut with a razor knife about  .250 into the knob. I have another enduro next week and I don't think it will make it to the first gas stop with the center lugs.

I just expected to get more than one ride out of this tire.

I know this thread is useless without pics but I had to go out of town for work today so I get them up later this week.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, IRC Tire USA said:

Hello Thumper Talk! This seems like as good as a place to start as any! 

We are IRC Tire USA! We've been working hard to join the REAL Grassroots side of riding. Forums are the place where the real riders are! We joined KTMtalk and FilterX recommended we come here for a little more diversity! Here we are!  

Basically we know these forums are the place where more conversation about Moto products go down! Thats what we want, honest opinion about our tires and brands, so we can continue to improve.

We're working to release as much inside info on all of our tires as possible. So you guys can make the best decision when choosing a tire to fit your style of riding. We will listen and care about your opinion.

If you'd like to see what we've been working hard on Check out our Youtube Channel (IRC Tire Moto USA).  Below are some links to a few play lists. Lots of info on our tires, and we're now starting to release riding tips as well. There is going to be a lot of videos coming out the rest of the year. Please SUBSCRIBE! The bigger our following the easier to find and more available our tires will be. 

IX09W Gekkota Tire 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8HWLzWJ--vNsKi

VE33S Gekkota Tire  
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lRwH80cfBQj8FQ

M5B Evo Tire 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uodsCg_urcROLK

Essential Riding Tips 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7ILldtDnwBy16W

Hope Everyone Enjoys!

IRC Tire USA 

If you read TT then you can see that riders are not happy with the discontinue of the m5b. If you want to keep making the evo, then fine. But why not make both? The evo is nowhere near the tire of the original.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Clutch44 said:

If you read TT then you can see that riders are not happy with the discontinue of the m5b. If you want to keep making the evo, then fine. But why not make both? The evo is nowhere near the tire of the original.

I don't think IRC USA has any day in what IRC does. 

I agree though, why not make both. Even if the original compound costs more most m5b users would pay it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wimpy525 said:

Just a heads up on the VE33S, I installed my second one this year before Sunday's enduro I had my doubts and I was correct in my assumptions. The first one I had the center knobs chunked off pretty bad, I chalked it up to a new bib being too stiff was pretty much toast with about a 100 miles on it. No center lugs left, side lugs tearing and chunking. I installed one before last weekends with a broken-in bib, figuring this may be the trick to stopping the chucking. So I run the 65-mile enduro, some rounding of the knobs I expect that it is a gummy after all. 98% of all the knobs are still there 90% of the center lugs look like the base of the knob was cut with a razor knife about  .250 into the knob. I have another enduro next week and I don't think it will make it to the first gas stop with the center lugs.

I just expected to get more than one ride out of this tire.

I know this thread is useless without pics but I had to go out of town for work today so I get them up later this week.

Interesting Lots of guys are getting much more than 100 miles on the VE33s. Slavens actually just did a review and he is getting around 400+. A stiff mousse could be the problem a lot of tire spin causes tires to chunk holding traction makes them last longer. 

Here is a video on Maximizing the life of your VE33S. Hope this helps. 

53 minutes ago, Clutch44 said:

18 minutes ago, TheW0LF said:

I don't think IRC USA has any day in what IRC does. 

I agree though, why not make both. Even if the original compound costs more most m5b users would pay it.

We definitely understand some riders want for the old compound back. There are a lot of reasons we had to do away with the old compound. With out going into detail we are sorry to say the old version will most likely never be available again. Again there are a lot of reason we can't get into. Our apologies. 

Some riders are much more happy with the new compound, some are not. It definitely depends on your style of riding and what you are looking for in a tire. Again we apologize if you're not satisfied.  

4 minutes ago, IRC Tire USA said:

We definitely understand some riders want for the old compound back. There are a lot of reasons we had to do away with the old compound. With out going into detail we are sorry to say the old version will most likely never be available again. Again there are a lot of reason we can't get into. Our apologies. 

Some riders are much more happy with the new compound, some are not. It definitely depends on your style of riding and what you are looking for in a tire. Again we apologize if you're not satisfied.  

For reasons I cant get into you have lost alot of trust and brand loyalty from the original M5B. "The evo is good, but the original was better" I tell my kids, "they just needed to sell more tires."

I used to throw away a good Dunlap just to mount a fresh M5B, instead, the hunt continues for longevity on high hp hill rockets!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, vlee44 said:

For reasons I cant get into you have lost alot of trust and brand loyalty from the original M5B. "The evo is good, but the original was better" I tell my kids, "they just needed to sell more tires."

I used to throw away a good Dunlap just to mount a fresh M5B, instead, the hunt continues for longevity on high hp hill rockets!

It's alright to have your opinions. 

All we can say is sorry. 

Edited by IRC Tire USA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IRC Tire USA said:

It's alright to have your opinions. 

All we can say is sorry. 

At least your listening, thanks for that!  🙂

• Like 2

I agree. I used to buy m5b for all my buddies. They were so happy. Then I got a batch of the evos. Now I got a whole town of riders that are pissed that I ordered them shitty tires.

Shinko and Kendas for us for now on.

1 hour ago, IRC Tire USA said:

From my perspective, the M5B in either compound is still the best tire. It's the only tire I have 100% confidence in when I go out for a ride that is going to involve severe punishment. I can rest assured that if I am stuck or can't make a hill, I can't say "it's the tire". If I one day switched to a different tire, the first thing that I will think if I am trapped like a rat, "I wish I had an M5B(either)".

That's pretty much the bottom line. I'd rather have the Evo, than not have an M5B at all. I've watched a hundred riders flounder and fumble until they spooned on an M5B. Suddenly the floundering and fumbling gets cut in half. 

I believe it's the only tire that actually makes a difference if you are riding hard terrain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheW0LF said:

From my perspective, the M5B in either compound is still the best tire. It's the only tire I have 100% confidence in when I go out for a ride that is going to involve severe punishment. I can rest assured that if I am stuck or can't make a hill, I can't say "it's the tire". If I one day switched to a different tire, the first thing that I will think if I am trapped like a rat, "I wish I had an M5B(either)".

That's pretty much the bottom line. I'd rather have the Evo, than not have an M5B at all. I've watched a hundred riders flounder and fumble until they spooned on an M5B. Suddenly the floundering and fumbling gets cut in half. 

I believe it's the only tire that actually makes a difference if you are riding hard terrain.

Thanks for you're perspective. Glad you like them. 

We've had more riders come up and say they love the EVO in extreme situations than ever before. Some love the Softer compound, and it is STILL winning more hill climbs than any other tire period. 

Just got er mounted up on my Husky .... shall give this EVO a try ... 120 bucks out the door Cdn .... gonna hit the  Chilliwack River Valley 

: )

CB67B89D-C9A2-4991-BA80-BEBD21F8AC32.jpeg

8 hours ago, TheW0LF said:

Oh definitely. That tire changed my life.

I went from head up butt dirtbagger to 8psi badassness! It was the one thing on the bikes I never had to think about, I setup the bike around it. Knowing how it worked for me, I could spend more time on other parts, suspension, bars, etc.. The evo rolls more on me in the hard pack rocky cornering stuff, more air fixes it, but that's a compromise. 

I had preached the IRC gospel to every desert bunny I came across for years, until the first batch of evos started chunkin knobs. It's like IRC made jesus a woman, still a holly believer, just not as tough 💪

I don't like it when the new and improved aint so much, but that leaves room to grow.....

Bottom line, I'm still buying your tires, just more of them because they don't last as long= good marketing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, v-zee44 said:

Oh definitely. That tire changed my life.

I went from head up butt dirtbagger to 8psi badassness! It was the one thing on the bikes I never had to think about, I setup the bike around it. Knowing how it worked for me, I could spend more time on other parts, suspension, bars, etc.. The evo rolls more on me in the hard pack rocky cornering stuff, more air fixes it, but that's a compromise. 

I had preached the IRC gospel to every desert bunny I came across for years, until the first batch of evos started chunkin knobs. It's like IRC made jesus a woman, still a holly believer, just not as tough 💪

I don't like it when the new and improved aint so much, but that leaves room to grow.....

Bottom line, I'm still buying your tires, just more of them because they don't last as long= good marketing. 

Pretty much sums it up. The tire losses it's bite three times faster= three times more tires sold. Except, they will eventually lose 2/3 of their m5b buyers. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IRC Tire USA said:

I for 1 love the EVO. Where I ride we encounter sand, sugar sand, mud, clay mud, hard packed shell, the tire is awesome and is wearing well. Really shines in the sand/mud.