TigerTanker

TigerTanker bike build: 2020 300tpi

Just ran across your thread as I'll be in the market for a 2020 something soon, and wanted to ask, why not the TX300i? I'm up in the air between that, the TE300i, 300XC, and Beta 300RE (rumored KYB forks for the RE). The XC-W is out for me as I don't really want a PDS bike again.

2 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

That chest protector is Fox Titan Sport. It’s a gold standard item. Dan at 205lbs is wearing XL, I’m 215 and wear the xxl

:thumbsup: Thank you. The size info helps a lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Is a "kicker" kit available? Cost?

$200

not necessary. Starter is very good

Maybe so but there are still some failure points. With the gnar stuff you frequent I think a kicker would be $200 well spent. Trivial at this point, seems a bargain to me!

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Maybe so but there are still some failure points. With the gnar stuff you frequent I think a kicker would be $200 well spent. Trivial at this point, seems a bargain to me!

I do have an anti gravity micro charger that I just bought. It’s powerful and has some cool features. 

6 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

C7B95372-54A7-432E-B774-78BF403C20ED.jpeg

490A7F6C-07C3-4BD1-A1E3-3A3B62DE7787.jpeg

31949045-D9CA-4BCC-957E-DAD7D1F5C25C.jpeg

I might have missed it but did you get the radiator fan that does not have the led read out or the fin sensor?

If, so was it plug and play meaning did you merely install the fan and hook the fan wiring harness to the harness under the tank? No wire to the battery, correct? 

6 minutes ago, shrub73 said:

I might have missed it but did you get the radiator fan that does not have the led read out or the fin sensor?

If, so was it plug and play meaning did you merely install the fan and hook the fan wiring harness to the harness under the tank? No wire to the battery, correct? 

You got to ask @dan500afc the technical stuff. 

The fan was the husky specific hard part. 

We had a moment today of concern. The shock spring from racetech looked too small. But, it’s the right one after a phone call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shrub73 said:

The fan kit is the oem part with a relay included. The bike already has a spot to plug it in under the tank and a spot for the relay in the battery box. It’s also $100 and runs off the ECU with no additional harness or switch. Part number for the kit is 79635941044. 

25 minutes ago, dan500afc said:

The fan kit is the oem part with a relay included. The bike already has a spot to plug it in under the tank and a spot for the relay in the battery box. It’s also $100 and runs off the ECU with no additional harness or switch. Part number for the kit is 79635941044. 

Thank you Dan. 

Do you what the difference is between the 79635941044 and 79735941044 is?

Husky site gives the 79735941044 part # for 2020 TE300i.

Yeah for some reason race tech sends out a 247mm spring to replace the 260mm one. Barely enough threads to get 8mm of preload. Made me worry it was the wrong spring so had to call and double check. They said that’s what they use and it would work. 

6 minutes ago, shrub73 said:

Thank you Dan. 

Do you what the difference is between the 79635941044 and 79735941044 is?

Husky site gives the 79735941044 part # for 2020 TE300i.

I don’t but when looking at the results when searching in google it looks to be the same kit. Here’s the pic of the box I installed on TT’s bike today. image.thumb.jpg.223badd8ee67d766b37bbfcd95f66196.jpg

7 hours ago, dan500afc said:

The fan kit is the oem part with a relay included. The bike already has a spot to plug it in under the tank and a spot for the relay in the battery box. It’s also $100 and runs off the ECU with no additional harness or switch. Part number for the kit is 79635941044

Does that kit use a Spal fan?

9 hours ago, dan500afc said:

I don’t but when looking at the results when searching in google it looks to be the same kit. Here’s the pic of the box I installed on TT’s bike today. image.thumb.jpg.223badd8ee67d766b37bbfcd95f66196.jpg

Thanks again Dan.

• Like 1