TigerTanker

TigerTanker bike build: 2020 300tpi

4 hours ago, 69fastback said:

Does that kit use a Spal fan?

Yes. Same fan kit that comes on the four stroke FE and EXC models. 

18 hours ago, ryanb said:

Just ran across your thread as I'll be in the market for a 2020 something soon, and wanted to ask, why not the TX300i? I'm up in the air between that, the TE300i, 300XC, and Beta 300RE (rumored KYB forks for the RE). The XC-W is out for me as I don't really want a PDS bike again.

My brother bought a TE300 and I bought the TX300 both 2018 models new. If you ride very tight tech trails or no trail the TE is best as its chassis geometry is better suited to turning and almost trials like riding. I can ride my TX everywhere but it doesn't turn as nice BUT its way better at speed. I wanted the AER fork and was willing to put lights and a skid on my TX. The first gear on the TE doesn't seem needed UNTIL you start poking around tight rocky trails or no trail! I use the clutch a lot more on my TX.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

My brother bought a TE300 and I bought the TX300 both 2018 models new. If you ride very tight tech trails or no trail the TE is best as its chassis geometry is better suited to turning and almost trials like riding. I can ride my TX everywhere but it doesn't turn as nice BUT its way better at speed. I wanted the AER fork and was willing to put lights and a skid on my TX. The first gear on the TE doesn't seem needed UNTIL you start poking around tight rocky trails or no trail! I use the clutch a lot more on my TX.

thanks for the feedback! I've been doing a lot more of the super gnarly, tight trails, lets-pretend-I'm-graham-but-fall-over-in-a-rock-pile type riding lately, so the TE sounds like a better choice. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ryanb said:

thanks for the feedback! I've been doing a lot more of the super gnarly, tight trails, lets-pretend-I'm-graham-but-fall-over-in-a-rock-pile type riding lately, so the TE sounds like a better choice. 

Isn't that stuff fun??? What part of Cali you in?? I visit the TT guys in SoCal each year once or twice. I was down there last during Memorial Day w/e at Jawbone and man did we have fun! Almost illegal, well, totally illegal ... 

• Like 1

Ok, I'm doing this night ride on Friday and it's lots of fun. Here's a look at my brand new headlamp from Cyclops. 

Next up a modification video, since Dan all but finished the assembly of the bike yesterday. 

We still have a little work to do on the street legal part and inserting a USB port into the dash. 

40 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Ok, I'm doing this night ride on Friday and it's lots of fun. Here's a look at my brand new headlamp from Cyclops. 

Where are you going to be sir? I am camping at the chimney past Cat creek tomorrow through Sunday for a memorial ride we do every year for a fallen friend. Thinking of doing a night ride also. I only have a X2 headlight but need to get a helmet light for sure. Maybe just up to Hamilton Butte to drink some barley soda ;) 

43 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Next up a modification video, since Dan all but finished the assembly of the bike yesterday. 

We still have a little work to do on the street legal part and inserting a USB port into the dash. 

Would love to see this build in person someday. Looking nice!

27 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

Where are you going to be sir? I am camping at the chimney past Cat creek tomorrow through Sunday for a memorial ride we do every year for a fallen friend. Thinking of doing a night ride also. I only have a X2 headlight but need to get a helmet light for sure. Maybe just up to Hamilton Butte to drink some barley soda ;) 

We will stage out of Boundary Trail Trailhead on FS25. Are you in the PSSER group?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manny braps said:

Would I be able to plate my fx 450 here in WA?

yes.  There are threads on TT regarding plating or search the web for "plating a dirtbike in washington" about 6 or 7 results down you'll get the official DOL version

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manny braps said:

Would I be able to plate my fx 450 here in WA?

Yes. Let me know if you need any advice or help with the work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dan500afc said:

Yes. Let me know if you need any advice or help with the work. 

Take him up on it he has a much better approach than just dropping $$ on a Sicass lighting kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manny braps said:

@TigerTanker I noticed stock pegs in your video.  no upgrade there?

Good eye Manny. 

The stock foot pegs aren't bad. But, I like Pivot Pegs. Some people love them, some hate them...

So, on the used market you can save a few bucks buying like new. Dan usually keeps a very close eye on parts flea markets and lets me know when he sees bargains I need. I'll wind up installing the Pivot Pegs eventually on the bike. And one thing they do, is reduce torque on the sole of your boots, otherwise I'd probably rip the soles off once a year. Replacing soles runs between $75-125. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

We will stage out of Boundary Trail Trailhead on FS25. Are you in the PSSER group?  

PSSER? I don’t think so. Not even sure I know what that stands for? a friend passed away a decade ago and another friend puts on a ride for buddies to get together and remember him?? that’s on Saturday around Blue lake. Friday my brother and I are doing a ride on the other side but you. We will be on 2018 Huskies hope to see you out there?

• Like 1

What brand is the manifold protector?
After seeing your thread and a few others made me pick one up on Friday. The husky looks much better than the KTM with the black frame this year and plus I couldn’t get one now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick96 said:

What brand is the manifold protector?
After seeing your thread and a few others made me pick one up on Friday. The husky looks much better than the KTM with the black frame this year and plus I couldn’t get one nowemoji23.png

I believe that is a husky hard part, but I’ll ask @dan500afc to confirm. 

• Like 1

The part number for the exhaust flange protector we used was 24537994044. It is a Husqvarna hard part. 

• Like 2