TigerTanker

TigerTanker bike build: 2020 300tpi

17 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

With anything, it’s preference. I know a lot of guys that run the gnarly and like it, but I think the PC II increased performance everywhere, and doesn’t cut the nuts off the top end like a gnarly. Lots of bottoms and mid range and will still rev out. 

it’s thicker than stock pipe but it may not be quite as thick as a gnarly.  

Thanks! I do notice that even with my cyl. raised by stacking a .5mm&.75mm base gasket(had head cut for it)topend is short with this pipe. Have to short shift and use the lower end which pulls ridiculously hard! If I rode in the desert or mx I would defiantly want a different pipe. Thanks again.  

Someone knows what they are talking about...perhaps an insider hmm? Thanks for the detail! 

Just a interwebs search. Lol.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TC686B said:

Platinum 2 Pipes

The Platinum 2 Pipe was made for people who ride or race off-road. Constructed from heavy-duty 18-gauge metal, it offers increased protection from rock or crash damage. Like the Platinum and Works Pipe, the Platinum 2 offers incredible performance with substantial power gains in the low and mid-range part of the powerband.

The Gnarly pipe is a 1/2-pound heavier than the Fatty, thanks to its thick 18-gauge steel construction (the Factory Fatty uses 20-gauge). The thicker steel is designed to take a beating from roost, logs, rocks and ruts.

They are both 18-gauge.

I use the Platinum 2 pipe and like it.

All my friends use the Gnarly pipe.

I think my bike revs further (we all ride the same bike) but that could be jetting plus my butt dyno is not very accurate.

I will try one in the future thanks!

• Like 1

My understanding is that KTM moved the baro sensor but the ecu is incapable of constant monitoring.
I could be wrong though.

Looks like the new map will fix the altitude compensation issue.
Fast forward to 8:30.
Stolen from KTMTalk.
Originally posted by Cactus73.

13 hours ago, TC686B said:

Looks like the new map will fix the altitude compensation issue.
Fast forward to 8:30.
Stolen from KTMTalk.
Originally posted by Cactus73.

Sick. That’s definitely what my bike was doing. I got the map update this morning. Riding tomorrow but probably won’t see that much gain/loss.

I took it out yesterday to an area that gains over 2000’ in less than 3 miles. I noticed it was running real lean (and hot) the first climb up, after descending and immediately starting the climb again I stopped at the same spot as I did on the first climb and my bike was 20f cooler on the temp gauge. Same speed, air temp, etc. Lots of splooge too. Definitely seemed real rich. 

• Like 1

Tough bike... took two good crashes in last two days. First was low side by a guest rider, 10 feet off trail. Nothing 

Yesterday I had a potentially dangerous accident. On a legendary series of switches, went low side over the bars 50 feet down a 60 degree wooded embankment. 

The bike flipped about 3 times, the first blow absorbed by my backpack which had empty Gatorade bottles and a 1 gallon rotopax. 

Once I realized I wasn’t injured, I looked at bike. Propped against a tree with a busted rear fender. At least 10 miles from a gravel road in a very remote forest I was nervous she wouldn’t start. But, she was remarkably unfazed. 

My ride partner found a way to get the bike out of a real mess and continued on. 

2 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

5E86DA74-31BF-4158-B15D-1257EA517128.png

That picture is able to give that slope and corner some justice.  I wish cameras caught angles better.

I just finished a decent overhaul on my '18 250 tpi with 67 hours.   I know its not a 2020 husky but its similar enough to merit posting here.

I put in a new piston and rings, cleaned a carbon filled power valve, added a Slavens S3 mule head, a FMF fatty pipe, V-force reed cage, and a Get ECU.

Its hard to say what makes the most difference when you add all these modifications at the same time BUT I  can descibe the power as crisp, clean and well fueled throughout a linear delivery of power, and an increase in power that is starkly noticeable.  Im not sure whether its the ECU or the head making most of the difference but oddly, I feel like I can feel both.  The ECU makes everything noticeably smoother and properly fueled throughout the rev range- never too lean or bogging whatsoever, and the S3 head and pipe seem to give ample power at all ranges of throttle delivery.  The thing runs like a raped ape.  Its hard to really notice what you are missing on a stock engine until you do changes like this.  It feels like a perfectly tuned machine right now.  VERY big improvement.  I need to inspect the plug and do a little tinkering as the top end breaks-in, maybe fiddle with my idle setting, but Im extremely pleased with the performance at this point.  With such a big cash investment, Im happy with the results.  

• Like 3

Heads and pipes add a lot of power ,I rode a sx 250 with a full pc pipe ,it was very powerful compared to my STD one

51 minutes ago, mog said:

Heads and pipes add a lot of power ,I rode a sx 250 with a full pc pipe ,it was very powerful compared to my STD one

I like that the power is more linear as well with these mods.  Very easy to get right where you want to be.

4 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

7A9A0716-627D-45E4-A626-1BF5BBAC304D.jpeg

034A929B-A768-43C0-A16B-5D110D1A9F53.jpeg

2C3EFA3C-6C35-4327-BAE5-0F7D35DC5BC4.jpeg

5E86DA74-31BF-4158-B15D-1257EA517128.png

Any worries about the composite subframe breaking with stuff like this? Keep being indecisive about the te300i/xcw. Plan to ride the xcw to see if i like pds first though.

1 hour ago, N.dica said:

That picture is able to give that slope and corner some justice.  I wish cameras caught angles better.

I just finished a decent overhaul on my '18 250 tpi with 67 hours.   I know its not a 2020 husky but its similar enough to merit posting here.

I put in a new piston and rings, cleaned a carbon filled power valve, added a Slavens S3 mule head, a FMF fatty pipe, V-force reed cage, and a Get ECU.

Its hard to say what makes the most difference when you add all these modifications at the same time BUT I  can descibe the power as crisp, clean and well fueled throughout a linear delivery of power, and an increase in power that is starkly noticeable.  Im not sure whether its the ECU or the head making most of the difference but oddly, I feel like I can feel both.  The ECU makes everything noticeably smoother and properly fueled throughout the rev range- never too lean or bogging whatsoever, and the S3 head and pipe seem to give ample power at all ranges of throttle delivery.  The thing runs like a raped ape.  Its hard to really notice what you are missing on a stock engine until you do changes like this.  It feels like a perfectly tuned machine right now.  VERY big improvement.  I need to inspect the plug and do a little tinkering as the top end breaks-in, maybe fiddle with my idle setting, but Im extremely pleased with the performance at this point.  With such a big cash investment, Im happy with the results.  

Since you added all that do you think youd have rather gotten the 300 at this point?

7 minutes ago, Sacrifice said:

Any worries about the composite subframe breaking with stuff like this? Keep being indecisive about the te300i/xcw. Plan to ride the xcw to see if i like pds first though.

Since you added all that do you think youd have rather gotten the 300 at this point?

My bike flipped 3 times.. plenty strong...

• Helpful 1

I didn’t get so lucky. Mine only went over once and cracked it, but not bad enough to replace yet. IMG_5692.JPG
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sacrifice said:

The first tpi's were only offered in 250.  since i ride lots of elevation changes I figured Id give it a go.  That said, knowing myself, I probably would have added all that to a 300 as well, particularly the ECU.

Also, I brioke my aluminum KTM subframe the first day I rode it.  I guess I got overzealous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick96 said:

I didn’t get so lucky. Mine only went over once and cracked it, but not bad enough to replace yet. IMG_5692.JPG

I hit Tap Plastics for some carbon fiber mat and epoxy resin give that some reinforcement. Probably won't look pretty but form over function!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

The little "trophy" like button says it means helpful but how many look at a trophy and think "helpful". No sir, you get a trophy for flipping your bike 3 times in one shot. @TheDStroyer sent his bike launching full upside-down aerial for 20-25 feet 6' off the ground, lands perfectly on the front suspension to absorb the landing before stopping in some bushes. The most incredible thing I have ever seen a bike with no rider do. Bent the sub-frame, that hill was thereafter named "frame bender".  It's a hill that crosses right as you go up and ends in a step up. Wheelie-send off arching right got the bike upside down flying down the hill. 

5 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

True, was just curious.

1 hour ago, N.dica said:

The first tpi's were only offered in 250.  since i ride lots of elevation changes I figured Id give it a go.  That said, knowing myself, I probably would have added all that to a 300 as well, particularly the ECU.

Also, I brioke my aluminum KTM subframe the first day I rode it.  I guess I got overzealous.

Fair enough. I know we all like to tinker anyways

Dealer says there is a factory map upgrade for my 2020 300 that improves jetting. Will be taking it in for that...

2 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Dealer says there is a factory map upgrade for my 2020 300 that improves jetting. Will be taking it in for that...

I couldn't really tell much difference, personally.