Sproket issues

23 minutes ago, Dave Hodge said:

Can anyone tell me if there is manufacturer that makes replacement sprockets for a 2019 CRF450L. I would like something other than the stock sprocket. I need to change gear ratios.

Thanks

Dave

I don't think anybody makes one with the rubber bit around the edge.  If you're happy to do without that then there are plenty of options.

https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/355_358_381_416

5 hours ago, MVI said:

as @DEGBI says,  only honda has the front sprocket,  and my front honda sprocket is backordered until Oct 30.  

several people make the rear in Steel and Alum.

That's pretty poor for a bike that's been out this long.

I just had a look on Partzilla for  SPROCKET, DRIVE (13T)   23801-MKE-A50  They say it ships in 2-3 days.

They also say...

"This Honda 23801-MKE-A50 SPROCKET, DRIVE (13T) fits the following models and components:

Honda Motorcycle 2019 CRF450X AC Transmission

Honda Motorcycle 2019 CRF450L AC Transmission"

So from that I assume the 450X and L use the same sprocket.

Seems like a few of the parts wholesalers have them.  Nothing other than the stock item though.

6 minutes ago, xpantz said:

That's pretty poor for a bike that's been out this long.

I just had a look on Partzilla for  SPROCKET, DRIVE (13T)   23801-MKE-A50  They say it ships in 2-3 days.

They also say...

"This Honda 23801-MKE-A50 SPROCKET, DRIVE (13T) fits the following models and components:

Honda Motorcycle 2019 CRF450X AC Transmission

Honda Motorcycle 2019 CRF450L AC Transmission"

So from that I assume the 450X and L use the same sprocket.

Seems like a few of the parts wholesalers have them.  Nothing other than the stock item though.

Same part, but after you order one at RMATV, Motosport, or Partzilla, then they tell you Honda wont deliver until Oct.  All the parts were supposed to be 2-3 days drop shipped from Honda.

It took 2 weeks to get a swing arm chain guard, and 3 weeks for the sprocket guide.  I ended up reusing the stock CS Sprocket with my new ERVT chain.

• Sad 1

On 7/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, MVI said:

Same part, but after you order one at RMATV, Motosport, or Partzilla, then they tell you Honda wont deliver until Oct.  All the parts were supposed to be 2-3 days drop shipped from Honda.

It took 2 weeks to get a swing arm chain guard, and 3 weeks for the sprocket guide.  I ended up reusing the stock CS Sprocket with my new ERVT chain.

How different is the 450L front sprocket?

I already noted that the 450X sprocket was the same part number.  But, I was just looking on the Dirt Tricks website and they list the same front sprocket for the 450R and 450X 02-current.  

I'm pretty sure one could be excused for thinking that if the 2019 450L and 450X share a front sprocket and dirt tricks lists their sprocket as fitting the 450X 02-current then it should also fit the 450L. 

Something I'm missing?

https://dirttricks.com/shop/sprockets/front-sprockets/honda-front-sprocket/

7 hours ago, xpantz said:

How different is the 450L front sprocket?

I already noted that the 450X sprocket was the same part number.  But, I was just looking on the Dirt Tricks website and they list the same front sprocket for the 450R and 450X 02-current.  

I'm pretty sure one could be excused for thinking that if the 2019 450L and 450X share a front sprocket and dirt tricks lists their sprocket as fitting the 450X 02-current then it should also fit the 450L. 

Something I'm missing?

https://dirttricks.com/shop/sprockets/front-sprockets/honda-front-sprocket/

Perhaps you want to email DirtTricks and have them advise what fits the little 450L and lead times.  I'd be interested in the results.  IF I could get a 12T front, I'd try it for a ride or two.

Edited by MVI

53 minutes ago, MVI said:

Perhaps you want to email DirtTricks and have them advise what fits the little 450L and lead times.  I'd be interested in the results.  IF I could get a 12T front, I'd try it for a ride or two.

Already did email them.  Waiting.  I'll let you know what they say.

On 8/4/2019 at 10:39 PM, MVI said:

Dirt Tricks reply indicates that their website is incorrect and they will change it.  So it fits neither the 450X or 450L 2019 models at least.

If you look through the parts database then it appears that in general the 450R and 450X of any year use different front sprockets and could not have used the same sprocket as indicated on the Dirt Tricks website.

Basically the 450R (any year) uses  23802-MEN-730

while the 450X (up to 2018) uses 23471-MEY-670

From 2019 on the 450X and 450L share 23801-MKE-A50

So I think I'll just place my order for the OEM version now so hopefully I can get it before I need one in a hurry.

16 minutes ago, xpantz said:

Dirt Tricks reply indicates that their website is incorrect and they will change it.  So it fits neither the 450X or 450L 2019 models at least.

If you look through the parts database then it appears that in general the 450R and 450X of any year use different front sprockets and could not have used the same sprocket as indicated on the Dirt Tricks website.

Basically the 450R (any year) uses  23802-MEN-730

while the 450X (up to 2018) uses 23471-MEY-670

From 2019 on the 450X and 450L share 23801-MKE-A50

So I think I'll just place my order for the OEM version now so hopefully I can get it before I need one in a hurry.

:-) 0 

Well good to know, and it make sense now. 

I ordered a stock CS sprocket in June, and RMATV finally said Oct 2019 until I will get it.  

FWIW, I am running a DID 520 ERVT chain with the Rivet Master Link.  Love the ERVT over the stock chain, Plus it is X ring.  A++++

9 minutes ago, MVI said:

?

Well good to know, and it make sense now. 

I ordered a stock CS sprocket in June, and RMATV finally said Oct 2019 until I will get it.  

FWIW, I am running a DID 520 ERVT chain with the Rivet Master Link.  Love the ERVT over the stock chain, Plus it is X ring.  A++++

Just placed my order with Partzilla... we shall see what happens.

Yes, I followed your posts on the chain a while back.

7 hours ago, MVI said:

K, pls keep me posted if you get sooner..   Im hoping the stock CS lasts for 3 more months LOL

Partzilla say it's expected to ship on Thursday.  I'll let you know if I receive a shipping comfirmation... or otherwise ?

• Like 1