Guy here has his for sale, add says Lectron carb is that good? Bike has 2.5 hours. Why would you sell a 2.5 hour bike, he's asking $8K

Some like them and some don’t. I’ve never tried one so I can speak on it. I would suspect he’s selling to get a TPI bike. 2.5 hours for $8k is a good deal. You could sell the lectron for $400+- if you don’t like it.

• Like 1

Great deal. If you want, replace the Lectron with a Smartcarb.3Q1_Web_38.jpg

That's a really good deal!  The lectron is a good carb and works well for most folks.  Easy enough to switch to something else if it doesn't suit you.  

Probably disconnected the hour meter when he first got it. Like you said, why sell a bike with 2.5 hrs for well below what he likely would have paid for it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's a pic, looks like the hours are legit if it's a current photo, guess I better take a look if it's the last premix model. Have not talked to the seller yet

TX300.jpg

Edited by DPete

45 minutes ago, DPete said:

Here's a pic, looks like the hours are legit if it's a current photo, guess I better take a look if it's the last premix model. Have not talked to the seller yet

TX300.jpg

Looks like an 18 to me. Still a good deal

How can you tell 18’ or 19’ without seeing the vin sticker

Posted (edited)

19 had several changes including bodywork. The easiest way to distinguish is to compare the side plastics. The 18 also has a white frame, they started using dark blue for the 19. The 18 is still an excellent bike, I have ridden both and don't notice too much of a difference between the two.

Motorcycle-200514954-2fee33642788eb8b30d7caddcb7ce7e7.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by 240ZDAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 240ZDAN said:

19 had several changes including bodywork. The easiest way to distinguish is to compare the side plastics. The 18 also has a white frame, they started using dark blue for the 19. The 18 is still an excellent bike, I have ridden both and don't notice too much of a difference between the two.

Motorcycle-200514954-2fee33642788eb8b30d7caddcb7ce7e7.jpg

images.jpg

Thanks, yep looks to be 18' the guy's hurting to sell so bargaining point, it's advertised as a 19'

Thanks, yep looks to be 18' the guy's hurting to sell so bargaining point, it's advertised as a 19'
Even an '18, $8k is a good deal because it's not like 19 has huge upgrades. Many dealers still want $9k+ for leftover 18/19.

I can get it for $7500, only thing it's financed so that complicates the deal some since the finance co has the title.

Told the guy I'd take it for the $7500 if he comes up with the title, apparently the lender is out of state so no way to meet there and pay off so we will see

On 7/30/2019 at 8:24 AM, AltaRyder said:

Probably disconnected the hour meter when he first got it. Like you said, why sell a bike with 2.5 hrs for well below what he likely would have paid for it.

I paid 7700 or 7800 for an 18 tx300 a few months ago with 5 hours. Dude wanted to switch brands. On one hand, for me, it’s a good deal. On the other, like lightly used cars, if you sell right away you lose your shirt. At the 8 grand plus mark, I’m going new or road tripping for a left over. 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, DPete said:

TX300.jpg

Bought an 18 just recently. Excellent machine. Will have this one for a long time 

• Like 1

I bought my 19 Tx 300 about 4 months ago and paid $7800 OTD.  It’s a awesome bike. 

1 hour ago, Leroyracing said:

I bought my 19 Tx 300 about 4 months ago and paid $7800 OTD.  It’s a awesome bike. 

helluva deal you got

Posted (edited)

I bought my ‘18 tx for $8300 OTD new last July (2018) and my buddy just bought his ‘19 in may for $8100 OTD.

both took a little inside pull, but the wiggle room is there. No way the dealers took a loss on ours.

I should also add,

since I dropped to the 22.5 pilot and left the 450 main jet the bike has been flawless at everything from sea level to 8000ft.

no need for a lectron, smart carb, or Jarvis mods or JD Jets (as if they are any different than oem jets).

gas and tires is how you get fast, not tecchy carbs and gingerbread farkles.

jussayin’

494F5D38-CA45-4845-ADF1-D5C18B064E9E.jpeg

Edited by SloChicken
  • Like 1