Terry@IMS Products

New Husqvarna 701 Auxiliary Tanks From IMS Products

Posted (edited)

Hey TT'ers, hope you don't mind some spam! Well, the good kind anyway! We're a TT Sponsor so go easy on us!¬†ūüėč

image.png.912155a98b590b1feea260f21787cafc.png

Introducing The New Husqvarna 701 Auxiliary Tanks

Riverside, CA : July 30, 2019 : For Immediate Release
IMS Products, the industry icon for off-road innovations, is excited to introduce the new Husqvarna 701 auxiliary tanks. With this cutting edge system there is no need to switch on any valves to access an extra 2.5 gallons of fuel capacity as the tanks create a closed system with the OEM tank. Set up is made simple with step by step illustrated instructions. With quick disconnects on all fuel connections making installation and maintenance hassle free, IMS Products makes it easy to fuel the fun. 

MSRP: $625.00
-Adds 2.5 Gallons to your existing OEM Fuel Tank
-Available in Black and Natural
-Retains low fuel indicator

image.png.e994b7487a3638f5dae7064abb5568c0.png

-Includes everything needed for installation
-Custom billet aluminum gas cap 
-Custom powder coated steel brackets for added support 
-Requires small trim on your OEM shrouds for gas cap clearance 

image.png.afe869812b4c2c73b492adc3767a090f.png

701tank.jpg.8a8f6dd96bf6e8b11a559f01523baf84.jpg

Get yours @ IMS Products

Edited by Terry@IMS Products
  • Like 3

I am actually planning on getting the 701 soon and holy heck, this is perfect!! 2.5 gals in the front...guessing that will help with road behavior at higher speed as well right?

• Like 1

Just now, RideWithWill said:

I am actually planning on getting the 701 soon and holy heck, this is perfect!! 2.5 gals in the front...guessing that will help with road behavior at higher speed as well right?

Since the aft stock fuel cell can make the bike a little light in the front, something that you can feel when accelerating hard on the pavement, the extra weight up front very well might balance out the bike. Theoretically anyway! But, if you need that kind of range, it is what it is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Since the aft stock fuel cell can make the bike a little light in the front, something that you can feel when accelerating hard on the pavement, the extra weight up front very well might balance out the bike. Theoretically anyway! But, if you need that kind of range, it is what it is.

exactly what I was thinking! but light end front might be good for offroading! :) def will buy this when I get the 701 (if I end up liking it) CO has wayyyyy too much to offer and its surrounding states to not have a 701

• Like 2

Easy to get up on the bars off-road, so the light front end isn't too much trouble. For touring around CO, that's a must have tank. Let em' know TT sent you. Keeps those sponsors coming back! ;)

8 hours ago, CG said:

Will it fit 2015 690

Hmmmm. The 701 didn't exist then and since it has a different engine than your 2015, there might be slight differences. I don't think IMS tested older 690s, so I'd bet they just don't know. I bet it could be made to work if you're willing to assume possible custom fabbing here/there. I bet it's not far off, but I don't believe it's plug/play as is.

Notice the tank(s) have their own caps and venting, are they separate?  will it drain completely into the main tank without roadside tip -o-reserve, or run up on a bank antic's ?  thanks, looks good

• Like 1

I think they definitely could've done a better job with the styling on the front of them. Also I'm skeptical of where those lower mounts bolt up to the frame. Alot of people who have crashed with the frame sliders or crash bars that bolt up there have frame damage from force onto the tabs. 

On 7/30/2019 at 12:34 PM, Terry@IMS Products said:

Hey TT'ers, hope you don't mind some spam! Well, the good kind anyway! We're a TT Sponsor so go easy on us!¬†ūüėč

image.png.912155a98b590b1feea260f21787cafc.png

Introducing The New Husqvarna 701 Auxiliary Tanks

Riverside, CA : July 30, 2019 : For Immediate Release
IMS Products, the industry icon for off-road innovations, is excited to introduce the new Husqvarna 701 auxiliary tanks. With this cutting edge system there is no need to switch on any valves to access an extra 2.5 gallons of fuel capacity as the tanks create a closed system with the OEM tank. Set up is made simple with step by step illustrated instructions. With quick disconnects on all fuel connections making installation and maintenance hassle free, IMS Products makes it easy to fuel the fun. 

MSRP: $625.00
-Adds 2.5 Gallons to your existing OEM Fuel Tank
-Available in Black and Natural
-Retains low fuel indicator

image.png.e994b7487a3638f5dae7064abb5568c0.png

-Includes everything needed for installation
-Custom billet aluminum gas cap 
-Custom powder coated steel brackets for added support 
-Requires small trim on your OEM shrouds for gas cap clearance 

image.png.afe869812b4c2c73b492adc3767a090f.png

701tank.jpg.8a8f6dd96bf6e8b11a559f01523baf84.jpg

Get yours @ IMS Products

I'm pretty sure a plastic tank caps would weight less.   Love the Look though.....

FWIW my IMS on the CRF450L has a plastic cap

2 minutes ago, MVI said:

I'm pretty sure a plastic tank caps would weight less.   Love the Look though.....

FWIW my IMS on the CRF450L has a plastic cap

Saving a few oz's on a 701? :excuseme:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Saving a few oz's on a 701? :excuseme:

Use Alum Billet Parts where needed, like axle spacers, and cut the cost and weight by using plastic where you can. 

If the kit was $25 bucks less for plastic caps, yeah, I'd buy it over the kit w/ anodized alum gas caps.