Adventure riding boots?

After looking at the safety specs and wanting a tad lower boots for dual sport and street riding I just bought some Aplinestar Belize boots, I will test them out and post a review.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:37 PM, kdxyardsale said:

After looking at the safety specs and wanting a tad lower boots for dual sport and street riding I just bought some Aplinestar Belize boots, I will test them out and post a review.

Wow I really like these, easy to walk in, not too narrow for my 3E foot. I made a mistake on the first wearing, I have large calves so on my MX boots I cannot close the top velcro all the way. These boots have a "V" in front at the top. I short stroked the velcro like I usually do on my MX boots and they were rubbing on my outer shin and that gee whiz velcro was also poking me. I stopped and closed the velcro top in to where the V fits around my chin bone. Fit great that way and doesnt rub up top. I think most people have relatively the same size shin bone even with fat calves.

With all the safety spec.s that are far and above other under the calf height boots, I think this was money well spent, comfortable and protective for many years to come.

image.png.832686a01f0b02ec17b32a3963717c4e.png

• Like 1

I wear my SIDI Crossfire 3's. They seem to work just fine. I really don't see the point in having MX AND ADV boots.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 3:56 PM, kdxyardsale said:

Wow I really like these, easy to walk in, not too narrow for my 3E foot. I made a mistake on the first wearing, I have large calves so on my MX boots I cannot close the top velcro all the way. These boots have a "V" in front at the top. I short stroked the velcro like I usually do on my MX boots and they were rubbing on my outer shin and that gee whiz velcro was also poking me. I stopped and closed the velcro top in to where the V fits around my chin bone. Fit great that way and doesnt rub up top. I think most people have relatively the same size shin bone even with fat calves.

With all the safety spec.s that are far and above other under the calf height boots, I think this was money well spent, comfortable and protective for many years to come.

image.png.832686a01f0b02ec17b32a3963717c4e.png

+1 on these bad boys. if you don't want shorties, the corozal is the same boot in full length. I can't say enough good things about these boots.

I'm used to riding my CRF250l with my fly racing maverick boots...which are good (especially for the price). switching to the belize was eye opening. standing on the pegs feels AMAZING, like you're more connected to the bike. I can wear them all day without feeling like my feet are being slowly baked like potatoes. they shift well, the buckles close easy (I'm a bit of a lardo so buckling MX boots isn't fun).

the real joy is when you get off the bike. you're not forced to walk around like the tin man in the wizard of oz. they actually feel like work boots or hiking boots. last time we met up at a beer garden after a ride I forgot I was wearing them.

• Like 1

Any advice on a boot that's stiffer for MX riding?  My "dual sport" time is 80% MX, 15% trail, and 5% street.  However, since I do ride to the track, I can swing by a place to get a cold one and a bite to eat on my way home, so I don't want full MX gear.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, jtomasik said:

Any advice on a boot that's stiffer for MX riding?  My "dual sport" time is 80% MX, 15% trail, and 5% street.  However, since I do ride to the track, I can swing by a place to get a cold one and a bite to eat on my way home, so I don't want full MX gear.

Try the higher version of the AStars Belize, which is the Corozal. The ankles of the shorter boot are no less stiff than my Alpinestars Tech6 full MX boots, all the same safety features around the heel ankle and toe. It's just more comfortable to walk without them clear up to the knee. The Corozal also has an additional clasp so it will be more rigid. With my jeans over these they look like work boots, the Corozal has the same look.

Edited by kdxyardsale
  • Like 1