Who's out riding this summer??

Ladies! I've been lurking a few months now. This Thumpette forum isn't as active as I thought it would be. Thought I'd give it a bump start or something. 

Now that we are deep into the days of summer, who's out riding? Where have you been riding? On what bike(s)? Are you riding with other women? Any breakthrough moments?

I'll start. I've been riding essentially 5 months now, so I'm a new rider. Given my experience level, I've been bumming around in fields/parking areas practicing clutch/throttle control while my talented girlfriend practices on the local mx track, High Voltage Hills in NY. I ride a CRF150RB. She's on a YZ125. 

My breakthrough moment: Now this sounds silly but...I successfully went up half a small mountain! I used to have my girlfriend ride my bike up a mountain to get to the field for me. Last week, I successfully got to the field all by myself!  For you Megs Braap fans: It's EASY!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dirt duchess said:

Been out to the high desert on my WR300, the mountains on my FE501, and a lot of street riding on my MV Agusta Brutale.:ride:

flip%203.jpg

41985074_10156874258287033_8285571390971

MV%20G%20Fast%20Side%20B_Moment6.jpg

Beautiful! You're so lucky you can reasonably get to both desert and mountain areas where you live. Did you have any breakthroughs? 

Love the Thing 1/ Thing 2 stickers on your companions' bikes!

13 minutes ago, Chemx said:

Beautiful! You're so lucky you can reasonably get to both desert and mountain areas where you live. Did you have any breakthroughs? 

Love the Thing 1/ Thing 2 stickers on your companions' bikes!

Not really any breakthroughs at my age.  I'm just grateful to still be able to enjoy riding.

• Like 1

I’ve been riding with my husband, friends, and kids before they head back to college.
My breakthrough this year was making the switch from a 4 stroke KTM 250 XCF-W to a 2 stroke Beta XTrainer. Loving the much lighter bike on the trails!IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0236.JPG

• Like 4

On 7/31/2019 at 9:36 AM, Chemx said:

Ladies! I've been lurking a few months now. This Thumpette forum isn't as active as I thought it would be. Thought I'd give it a bump start or something. 

Now that we are deep into the days of summer, who's out riding? Where have you been riding? On what bike(s)? Are you riding with other women? Any breakthrough moments?

I'll start. I've been riding essentially 5 months now, so I'm a new rider. Given my experience level, I've been bumming around in fields/parking areas practicing clutch/throttle control while my talented girlfriend practices on the local mx track, High Voltage Hills in NY. I ride a CRF150RB. She's on a YZ125. 

My breakthrough moment: Now this sounds silly but...I successfully went up half a small mountain! I used to have my girlfriend ride my bike up a mountain to get to the field for me. Last week, I successfully got to the field all by myself!  For you Megs Braap fans: It's EASY!

Lots of travel and racing for me this season.  As for a breakthrough moment I am like way old but did have one. Had a Pro friend push me to do a jump section I was backing out of durng practice. It ws a 50' table with a roller 20' past that then another table that was 70' right after the roller. I kept slowing up for the roller and then trying to clear the last table but the line was to seat bounce the first table and clear the roller then scrub the last table and be hard on the brakes for the berm after. Took a few cases and injuries but got it finally durig the race. 

Oh, doing this on slicks is like soooo SKETCH.

fat bitch slam.jpg

• Like 2